• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:48 AM

View PostMingTheMerciless, on 03 February 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

Artanizz is right -- Marik's certainly put up a very good fight. Why don't people (Purple Bird and Green Sword) just organise a skirmish or a private match?

Then get to organizing :)

I'm not going to spend my time trying to convince Liao players they shouldn't be dropping on our planets, do a little housecleaning in your loyalist units if you want to talk about things like that.

Bottom line of why Marik started kicking Liao around,

Liao attacked Marik space
Marik asked them to stop
Liao continued
Liao took 8 planets
Marik said "screw this" (How do I know? Because I'm on our war council and was one of the ones stating that)
Marik proceeds to let Liao know that they had best start showing a little more regard to Marik and its pilots.

That about sums it up.

Now what we realistically have is a sandbox with very little direction and next to zero options to guide where the map allows us to attack. All of this "practice" talk is a moot point. We're not playing CW to "practice", we're playing it to get live matches, have some fun, and play in drop deck mode (I refuse to call it CW or IS Iv or anythign else that resembles any kind of campaign because PGI has made it into nothing but a respawn mode).

So if you really want to have some fun, recruit new members (since you won't be able to after the split since you'll never see anyone not in a unit already), then do it. Instead of putting all these limitations on players lets just say screw it, call shenanigans and go in for a bloody and beautiful FFA. Lets just have some actual live games.

Know why CW sucks according to the majority of players I talk to (as opposed to this mystical majority PGI seems to talk to that noone else knows)? It's because it's boring. Ghost drops. HOURS of ghost drops.

So stop setting up situations where your players have nothing to do but ghost drops. That goes for you house leaders as well. You don't have to be dbags about it. Once a faction starts getting rolled up (if they do that is), then just back off and pick a new attack path. It's not hard to do, it's just an active choice to do it.

#302 WARCRACK

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:20 AM

This is already the third iteration of the same CW we've had for over a year. I'm all for all out war on every front. Let the chips fall where they may. Get some matches and earn some Cbills. It all gets reset in 6 months anyways.

NAP for CW1 & CW2 was cool, we hell marched deep into Dav space. But don't need to keep doing the same old thing over and over, has a been there done that feel to it now. Give us more CW matches. Give us more IS vs IS. Give us total war!

#303 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

View PostWARCRACK, on 03 February 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

Give us more CW matches. Give us more IS vs IS. Give us total war!

TCAF will! Posted Image

Today we had a TCAF Council and we have got one idea which should like Liao and Mariks.
We propose to both - keep fitghting for the planets, but not to capture them!
Attackers should bring percentage up to 50% and then stop. After 50% atackers will defend their planet, and defenders will atack up to 50% again.
It is very simple and no one can say that somebody had taken my planet from me.
So no more insults and buthurts, just continue to fight.

When 3rd CW phase will arrive we will unfreeze our NAP and will follow CW3 PGI rules.

#304 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostGonta, on 04 February 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

TCAF will! Posted Image

Today we had a TCAF Council and we have got one idea which should like Liao and Mariks.
Attackers should bring percentage up to 50% and then stop. After 50% atackers will defend their planet, and defenders will atack up to 50% again.

When 3rd CW phase will arrive we will unfreeze our NAP and will follow CW3 PGI rules.

Marik is already fighting with Steiner we won't be able to give you both matches

#305 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

Perhaps with the attacks on Steiner we should make a treaty with Davion and attack Marik...*** for tat as it were.

#306 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:41 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 04 February 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

Perhaps with the attacks on Steiner we should make a treaty with Davion and attack Marik...*** for tat as it were.

Posted Image

Gorgo, you are using words that don't belong on this forum. Specifically, you should never use the words, "treaty", "with", and "Davion" concurrently in a sentence together.

It's obscene.

#307 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:56 AM

View PostGonta, on 04 February 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

TCAF will! Posted Image

Not speaking for my unit, but I personally agree with this. Also with Artanizz post. I have recruited actively during cw on both fronts. And numbers grew... This is also a large concern I have with russ mad plans to split cw into unit and non unit drops... where should you find new players? If they dont find you on the forum, and solo drops are not good for recruiting. Smaller loyalist units will have a hard time recruiting. Or standing out as good leaders in drops so that players contact you to join your unit... my vote goes out to keeping both fronts active, especially as I want a clear path towards LIAO and purple stands in that way

#308 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:07 AM

[color=#959595]This is also a large concern I have with russ mad plans to split cw into unit and non unit drops... where should you find new players?[/color]

You're not. Community Warfare is to be tertiary to ladder events and public dropping.

#309 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:36 AM

View PostOrkdung, on 06 February 2016 - 01:07 AM, said:

You're not. Community Warfare is to be tertiary to ladder events and public dropping.

Quatrinary behind PvE... which would be first. Posted Image

Edited by Kjudoon, 06 February 2016 - 05:36 AM.

#310 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:39 AM

View PostGI Journalist, on 05 February 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

Gorgo, you are using words that don't belong on this forum. Specifically, you should never use the words, "treaty", "with", and "Davion" concurrently in a sentence together.

It's obscene.

My apologies...what I meant to say was we should deceive the Davions into believing they have a treaty with us. This in turn would allow us to re-liberate about 8 planets or so...from the Fawning Purple Doves.

#311 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 06 February 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

My apologies...what I meant to say was we should deceive the Davions into believing they have a treaty with us. This in turn would allow us to re-liberate about 8 planets or so...from the Fawning Purple Doves.

you do realize we can see this right?
Posted Image

#312 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostSandpit, on 06 February 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

you do realize we can see this right?
Posted Image

It's okay.

They don't care. Posted Image

Here... you can have the sports section. Now shh. watch and listen. Posted Image

Edited by Kjudoon, 06 February 2016 - 11:36 AM.

#313 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 06 February 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

I suspect the Davions would be happy to accept such a treaty. However, they would most likely accuse us of bad faith the first time they were attacked by pugs, mercenaries, or a bored TCAF and jump back into bed with House Marik.

House Davion and House Liao may be destined never to be together. Tragically, the power of our love is incapable of spanning the gulf between us.

However, I have faith that if we destroy enough Davion Mechs and keep taking Davion worlds, they will love us back... Posted Image

..someday.

#314 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:37 AM

View PostGI Journalist, on 06 February 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

I suspect the Davions would be happy to accept such a treaty. However, they would most likely accuse us of bad faith the first time they were attacked by pugs, mercenaries, or a bored TCAF and jump back into bed with House Marik.

House Davion and House Liao may be destined never to be together. Tragically, the power of our love is incapable of spanning the gulf between us.

However, I have faith that if we destroy enough Davion Mechs and keep taking Davion worlds, they will love us back... Posted Image

..someday.

The more it hurts the more they show they really care, right?

#315 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:55 PM

So, anyone up for some FW since its now "Faction Warfare"?

#316 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

yup

#317 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image

TCAF returns in CW

All TCAF members need to end their current operations and get back to Sian to form full companies until 15th April

All Liao loyalists be ready to atack Davion space from 19th April.
As usually TCAF will be active in EU phase, but Liao need all support in NA and Oceanic prime-time

Liao-Marik ceasefre is ready up again from 19th April

Edited by Gonta, 09 April 2016 - 07:38 AM.

#318 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

Join House Liao! See Beautiful Tikonov!

All the burning hulks of Davion Mechs are glorious this time of year!

#319 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:03 PM

What is your opinion about proposition to HHOD to fight in EU phase only on one planet? In this case we can avoid Ghost Drops and send all forcses in one direction?

#320 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

View PostGonta, on 24 April 2016 - 11:03 PM, said:

What is your opinion about proposition to HHOD to fight in EU phase only on one planet? In this case we can avoid Ghost Drops and send all forcses in one direction?

They won't. They also only objective rush when attacking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users