Russ On Clan Quirks :)

192 replies to this topic

#1 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:47 AM

"A little tweet for the Clan players - discussed quirks today - very interesting concept materializing to use the omnipod system - excited: - Russ

I'm thinking this will mean the quirk bonuses will get weaker if you mix and match omnipods, or conversely, get stronger if you stay "pure."
Pure conjecture on my part, and I'm excited to hear more soon.

What are your thoughts?

#2 Thanatos31

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationEnroute to Terra

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

...so we are forced into "canon" builds and the IS has "performance" quirks?

#3 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostPhil Ambush, on 25 February 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

Fine by me, I run a lot of Canon builds as it is, they are actually decent.

#4 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

I hope I get my PPC quirks on my WHK-Prime.

Well... gotta admit, I don't have much hope in the clan quirks. Maybe we see some rad flamer quirks for the adder. You know, 'cause everyone uses the flamer on the adder. :ph34r:

#5 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

If the Warhawk Prime gets super Erppc Quirks?

F*** yeah, I'm up to stock mechs.

Edited by Scout Derek, 25 February 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#6 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

Well, if PGI continues to nerf Clan mechs into the ground, I will consider asking for a refund on my Wave III preorder so I can save the money for the next OP IS pack.

#7 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostIronClaws, on 25 February 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

Well, if PGI continues to nerf Clan mechs into the ground, I will consider asking for a refund on my Wave III preorder so I can save the money for the next OP IS pack.

Yes, drop the strong Wave3 mechs and go for IS. When was the last time with a good IS package? Can't remember.

#8 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostPhil Ambush, on 25 February 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

Not a problem at all, if the canon builds end up having the best perks then why wouldn't you want to use them?

#9 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

Pods are why I love ominmechs, does this mean our quirks will move when we change out pods???

#10 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

View Postreddevil, on 25 February 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

"A little tweet for the Clan players - discussed quirks today - very interesting concept materializing to use the omnipod system - excited: - Russ

I'm thinking this will mean the quirk bonuses will get weaker if you mix and match omnipods, or conversely, get stronger if you stay "pure."
Pure conjecture on my part, and I'm excited to hear more soon.

What are your thoughts?

FINALLY

I'm going home and firing up MW 2 then I'm just going to click to hear the sexy Betty say "SUMMONER" over and over and over and over and over.
Can I request that feature in MWO please, have it announce a mech when you click on it :D

For the love of pete, pls let this bring JJ quirks, I'd love to see Highlanders and Summoner get %50 more JJ burn time or something to really add some flavor.

Edited by shad0w4life, 25 February 2015 - 11:00 AM.

#11 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 25 February 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

Fine by me, I run a lot of Canon builds as it is, they are actually decent.

Without Ghost Heat or other weird MWO-specific issues many of the canon builds would be great.

Imagine Nova Prime with 7 damage 5 heat ERML again and no Ghost Heat.

Imagine Warhawk Prime with full 15 damage Clan ERPPC, True DHS, no ghost heat and the crappy LRM 10 and its ammo removed in lieu of more DHS.

Imagine Adder Prime with true DHS and full 15 damage Clan ERPPC.

etc, etc

#12 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:14 AM

I don't see a problem with encouraging stock mechs. The problem I have is all the talk of is players wanting us to have negative quirks while they run around with 3 large lasers and no ghost heat.

#13 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:28 AM

Just a reminder, Russ's tweet stands on its own. It was my interpretation that this might encourage keeping pods of the same family together. No need to get upset about anything! :)

Even if that was the case, any quirks are better than no quirks. No matter what, we should be better off.

#14 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

View Postshad0w4life, on 25 February 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

FINALLY

I'm going home and firing up MW 2 then I'm just going to click to hear the sexy Betty say "SUMMONER" over and over and over and over and over.
Can I request that feature in MWO please, have it announce a mech when you click on it :D

For the love of pete, pls let this bring JJ quirks, I'd love to see Highlanders and Summoner get %50 more JJ burn time or something to really add some flavor.

LOL I am not the only one that still hears that voice whenever I click on a 'mech that was in MW2 in MWO's mechlab it appears.

View PostHardin4188, on 25 February 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

I don't see a problem with encouraging stock mechs. The problem I have is all the talk of is players wanting us to have negative quirks while they run around with 3 large lasers and no ghost heat.

Some of what I see proposed is just ridiculous--seems they will not be happy until SCR/TBR are 20kph slower and turn like a Dire Wolf.

#15 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 25 February 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

Some of what I see proposed is just ridiculous--seems they will not be happy until SCR/TBR are 20kph slower and turn like a Dire Wolf.
Where did the devs say they wanted to do that?

#16 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostIronClaws, on 25 February 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

Well, if PGI continues to nerf Clan mechs into the ground,

lmfao

#17 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

View Postreddevil, on 25 February 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Never. I see it posted as QQ/***** and whine threads all over these forums.

#18 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:02 PM

View Postreddevil, on 25 February 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

When someone calls it a "Timbergod" or "Doomcrow" and says they are the most OP mechs hands down in the game.

Then I say "Ok lets stand in one spot @ 300M and we will fire as fast as possible and see who wins, you bring a TBR/SCR laser vomit, and I'll bring a wubshee or 5SS MPL build, we will test on all CW maps, lets start with Sulphurous"

Then all of a sudden it becomes "Well no one would do that, you'd torso twist blah blah" and I counter with OK, you can torso twist! Then they realize that the 42 Alpha MPL with less than half the burn time would allow me to shield arm my CT, then turn back and wait for them to face me again and I'd get to shield arm after another 42 alpha to CT when they turned back so then they side track with an argument about timber moves a bit faster and turn so fast.

Find my threads about that and you'll see the many about speed is OP, oddly none of them complain about the massive speed difference between lights.

#19 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

Sorry about your ELO.

#20 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

Quirks should be fun.
The new waves have been fun. Lots of mechs that were hated are now used. The variety is wonderful.
Clan players need quirks to make people play different mechs. Dire wolf, Crabs, timber wolves, storm crows are too common. Clans have 3 offending mechs that need to be lower in rotation. IS loves the crab and it too is over used. I just get tired of seeing those specific mechs in every game. Thus I like how the quirks make the other mechs better and just ignore the common ones. This is not to say nurf but to say buff. Taking away makes people angry but giving something is better especially in a free to play game that is not pay to win.

To add to the idea of quirks being pod related why not make the pods only carry buffs for weapons that are not able to be mounted on the pod. Thus encourage omni mechs to carry different stuff. Like they did in lore.

On a side note of why not to complain about clans being balanced properly. Clans will never be be like they are in the rule books. Because they previously on table top the clans were balanced two mechs to one. Thus you will not see six on 12 games. Perhaps CW with 2 mechs and your opponent with 4.

But no. That would be what I call un fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users