7 replies to this topic

#1 Rascally Jack

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

I request all Clans resist the urge to spawn camp the IS PuG LZ. I like to fight, I love to fight... it shows such poor taste the way you hammer down on us by pushing as hard and fast as you can to our LZ. *as soon as you have wiped the first wave of IS mechs out* :D :D :D

If you cannot resist camping the LZ at least use zellbrigen. It is one thing for us IS cowardly scumbags to back stab each other so poignantly. It is rather disconcerting you have to bring yourselves down to our level when you could have a better fight if you just duel it out or hold back and let us regroup and slug it out to the end. Even if it is the last few dropping at least let them move and only use equivalent numbers to fight them instead of hitting the ground half dead from 12 laser vommit spewers. :D :D :D

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

Then drop in a 12men so that you can guarantee all of you will respect Zellbrigen and shoot a batchall. Granted, more than a Clan commander would not trust a batchall from IS forces..

#3 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

Not much we can do about it but if your so adamant why not request that all IS Units do the exact same thing? It has happened to me a few times in some fractured PuG groups.

BTW if you really want spawn camping to stop think of a creative lore-like way to prevent it and post that up in the suggestions forum and if your lucky the Devs will take notice and like the idea.

#4 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

Nope.

#5 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

Sometimes you just don't have the time, and spawn camping is the quickest and easiest way to finish the game and launch another for counter-attacks.

CW isn't just about any single game. It's a fight for the planet, whether to take it or defend it. Players can fight with all the honor they want, but sometimes you gotta do a light rush, or spawn camp, or run down the clock. All of it is part of the bigger picture. Doesn't make it fair or right, but there comes a time for each large group where they have to make that choice, and unfortunately, the needs of a single team of solos will frequently be below the needs of the faction.

As an example, if FRR didn't employ lots of light rushes, and played fair with teams of solos, there wouldn't be an FRR anymore. The whole reason they still exist is because they are utilizing each and every means to ensure they survive as a faction, and sometimes a group of solos will find themselves on the wrong side of it.

#6 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:30 PM

Negating the enemy's reinforcements before they can be brought to bear is a sound strategy. There is nothing dishonorable about it & as such, the Clans do implement it. I will draw two references from the Jade Phoenix Trilogy to make my case.

In Bloodname during the battle for Glory Station, Clan Wolf aerospace fighters damaged a Dropship that had forces bid into the battle, taking them out of the fight.

Spoiler

In Falcon Guard, Star Commander Selima, an Elemental warrior, saw that a ComStar Dropship was about to disembark reinforcements.

Spoiler

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 28 February 2015 - 03:24 AM.

#7 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:59 PM

No.
One reason. If we don't push the pugs they will spend 20 minutes standing at the ridge line and never do anything. Would there be some way to get rewards without getting up close then why not, I wouldn't push the poor pugs. But right now you are trying to sell me the idea that it is ok to stand on a hill for 30 minutes and make 600 LPs and 300k c-bills out of it. Very bad deal.

You know what? Push the pugs. Ravage them. The game is very simple in this. In the beginning the ball is in their court, they have to make the first move. If they don't do it then too bad for them because they should have. All the robots you log in to match will be destroyed for no penalty, why not to make the best out of situation? You can't win without daring but you can lose because of overly cautious nature.

#8 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image

YOU DARE REFUSE OUR BATCHALL?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users