Client Crashes Since The Voip Release

26 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

A number of players have been experiencing a decrease in overall client stability since the release of in-match VoIP with our February 17th patch. The majority of these crashes are occurring due to an issue with the TeamSpeak SDK.

TeamSpeak has provided us with an updated SDK that is currently in the testing phase. We are hoping that implementing this release version will resolve the crashes that the current TeamSpeak SDK has been causing. We currently plan to have this tested and ready for release with our March 3rd patch.

In the meantime, if you are experiencing client crashes we recommend disabling the VoIP feature through your in-game settings until we can release the fix.

We will keep everyone updated on this issue as information becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

#2 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

If your crashes persist after disabling VoIP, it is likely that you are crashing for different reasons and further troubleshooting will be required.
If you have not done so already, please submit a ticket to support@mwomercs.com with the following information:
  • DirectX Diagnostic
  • A copy of the crashdump.dmp file from your \Users\"your username"\Saved Games\Mechwarrior Online folder
  • A copy of the Omicron.log file from your root MWO install folder
  • A copy of the user.cfg file from your root MWO install folder
  • Screenshots of your current in-game advanced video settings
How to obtain a DirectX Diagnostic:

Spoiler

#3 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

I was wondering about the crashes. Lots of the people in my group have experienced more crashes than usual. Not so bad that we will likely disable voip though.

#4 Sp4rtan

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

and after that plz tell us of sean lang's rig plz! I'll spend good money for anything that makes my mwo runs like his o7

#5 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

I will submit info once I am off work tonight. Have had voip disabled from the start and still crash every 2 out of 5 games since the voip patch. Good lookin out pgi. Lets hope the hunting down and killing of the non voip related bug is just as forthcoming.

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 25 February 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#6 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

Not a lot of, but a good amount of crashes and lagging.
I've already disabled voip a couple of days ago, and all works fine now....

#7 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

I have so many bugs since last patch, it takes me too much time to describe them all and I don't bother anymore. Am I the only one btw who can't invite people of his own unit into a faction group when they are not on the friendlist? Am I the only one who can't see anyone but the first one in a public group after a match and can't ready up for at least 10 secounds?

Oh and the quality of the VOIP ingame is so bad, russian players greet me in their language because they think they recognize a common accent ..

#8 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostBSK, on 25 February 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

I have so many bugs since last patch, it takes me too much time to describe them all and I don't bother anymore. Am I the only one btw who can't invite people of his own unit into a faction group when they are not on the friendlist? Am I the only one who can't see anyone but the first one in a public group after a match and can't ready up for at least 10 secounds?

Oh and the quality of the VOIP ingame is so bad, russian players greet me in their language because they think they recognize a common accent ..

I would think that it would be difficult to ramp up the quality of the voice - ping reasons etc. People hear me just fine though, you have to project into your mic.

#9 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

I haven't had the issue, but I know several others now crash just about every drop at the start of the drop prior to connecting. VOIP I believe was disabled for them, though I'll have them doublecheck.

#10 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

Related to the VOIP and TeamSpeak instability, I find that if I have OverWolf installed with TS3 that I'm less stable.

I've installed and deleted it twice and if the in-game VOIP is also from TS, I wouldn't be too shocked that it drives issues.

#11 MFZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:37 PM

No additional issues here since TS SDK was introduced.

#12 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 609 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:32 PM

I was having crashes and FPS issues so I ran the repair tool. My FPS is back to 60 and I just have the normal crash every now and then.

#13 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:36 PM

VOIP hasn't caused any crashes for me

just get the usual crash to desktop once or twice a night

but hit reg is exceptionally bad tonight..... maybe, just maybe, shot that I fire register proper damage 10% of the time

my ping is around 60, and its completely useless for me to shoot at a light with a ping of 100+ even if its stationary, because zero damage will register

#14 Locutos

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:45 AM

Im not sure if the VoIP will result in mroe crashes for me or not, couse i disabled it since last weekend event.
bad timing to test that new function.

But i would like to see who speaks already in the ready up section.
and if we are in the ready up section, i could get some more love, like showing the spawns we are starting at.

#15 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:47 AM

CTDs when loading the match, CTDs during matches and even CTDs when exiting matches. Every drop, at least 1 person in my unit has a crash. After 3-5 crashes they loose their will to play...

#16 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:37 AM

My crashes seem to come and go. I dropped Voip and no change. I honestly don't think its the game as much as packet loss during the start of a match.

Its sometimes annoying but I Just deal with it instead of having you chase ghosts.

#17 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:39 AM

View PostSaxie, on 25 February 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

I would think that it would be difficult to ramp up the quality of the voice - ping reasons etc. People hear me just fine though, you have to project into your mic.

I can hear members of my unit on a dedicated TS server as well and can tell it is pretty bad ..

#18 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:44 AM

My game went from no crashes to about 3 crashes on launch a day after the last patch - in-game voip disable from the start. While it might be a contributing factor, I don't think its the actual problem.

#19 HUNTERS MOON

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:46 AM

Also since there have been crashes before Teamspeak I guess we need to disable the entire game.

So.. its all "Doctor it hurts when I do this." and the doctor's solution is to say "Don't do that."

Jeeze.

#20 HUNTERS MOON

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 25 February 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

VOIP hasn't caused any crashes for me

just get the usual crash to desktop once or twice a night

but hit reg is exceptionally bad tonight..... maybe, just maybe, shot that I fire register proper damage 10% of the time

my ping is around 60, and its completely useless for me to shoot at a light with a ping of 100+ even if its stationary, because zero damage will register

Listen to yourselves..."usual crash to desktop once or twice a night." Instead of selling new mechs every 32 seconds, FIX THE DARN GAME. Very frustrating. Why rush out an inferior patch?

Am I wrong?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users