26 replies to this topic

#21 HUNTERS MOON

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostSolCrusher, on 25 February 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

I was having crashes and FPS issues so I ran the repair tool. My FPS is back to 60 and I just have the normal crash every now and then.

"Normal crash?" there is nothing normal about crashes this frequent. Does it seem that PGI is doing the bare minimum on everything that isn't selling mechs? They figure that we will take this "expected crashing" so much, they HAD to include re logging into a game as a normal part of it.

Please don't blame us and our rigs anymore. Take responsibility and fix this. I really want this game to succeed but this is careless.

#22 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostBSK, on 25 February 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

I have so many bugs since last patch, it takes me too much time to describe them all and I don't bother anymore. Am I the only one btw who can't invite people of his own unit into a faction group when they are not on the friendlist? Am I the only one who can't see anyone but the first one in a public group after a match and can't ready up for at least 10 secounds?

Oh and the quality of the VOIP ingame is so bad, russian players greet me in their language because they think they recognize a common accent ..

Post your machine Specs. Unit members have their own Tab under friends? Does that one not work?

P.S. No changes with VOIP added. Same stuff as always. Patch, Run Repair Tool (immediately), reboot and play. My rig is 5 years old too. New Vid card at Xmas has been the only change in all that time. MWO runs well...

#23 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

You may want to try cleaning your machines too.

I've been in the IT business a long time. Lately there has been lot more Malware going around. This crap can run in the background and really suck up resources...as well as do other bad things. I see it on work PCs all the time....and these people don't even have admin rights to install software.

If you need to install a program from the Internet, go to the company's website to get the software. Don't use the mass download sites like Cnet, sourceforge, etc. Sometimes they package extra crap with whatever you download, and you don't always get the option to deselect the extra crap. Also, sometimes the apps themselves are not legitimate.

Some basic stuff that may save you a lot of grief is:

Run Malwarebytes found at Malwarebytes.org. It's free and won't conflict with existing AV software as it only runs when you do a scan with it. It's been around for a long time and works very well. You just need to run it once in a while to do a scan.

Run CCleaner found at piriform.com. I've been using this for a long time too. I've never had it mess up a machine. But it offers the ability to do a backup of any changes before it does them so you can revert back if you need to. It deletes left over temp and crap files, and registry keys.

If you use Google Chrome, delete any extensions that you don't use, or don't know. (Look them up before deleting them if you are not sure.) We've been seeing an increase of malicious Chrome extensions lately too. Extensions can run in the background even if you have Chrome shutdown.

And keep all of your programs, Operating System, and drivers up to date.

Anyway, cleaning up your computers may help the game run better. :)

#24 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:15 PM

The VoIP is not the cause of crashes.
It is deactivated on my machine since it came out.

The crashes happen when the drop scene is starting or when you click on "Exit Match"

#25 Drake67

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEnterprise MS

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

The frequency of crashes seems to lower if I hover over the button I am going to click on.

#26 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:02 PM

Crashing since 2013...

#27 delushin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 159 posts
  • LocationIn-ter-web

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:55 PM

My crashes have reduced since setting to fullscreen windowed mode. Not sure what is causing them but having said that I have also not really put effort into working out what could be the issue either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users