5th Succession War is here.

#2 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

Interesting

Edited by Roadbeer, 25 February 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#3 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:21 PM

I'm starting to think the algorithm isn't so random, especially now that turkeyad is pgi.

#4 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 25 February 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

I'm starting to think the algorithm isn't so random, especially now that turkeyad is pgi.

As I understand it, Paul is doing planet selection... or at least guiding the selection manually. Thus, it IS NOT random.

#5 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

Ah, that makes sense. Paul must feed off the tears of players.

#6 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:38 PM

weird, I walked into the mess hall and it smelled like bad saki and cheap cigarettes. kurita been ghost dropping here?
maybe turrets scared them off.

Edited by Geist Null, 25 February 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#7 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:40 PM

No house Kurita units have been dropping on Keid. We have been dropping on clan front and one defense against Davion on Ronel.

#8 Hippogryph

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

THE WORMHOLE RETURNS. It's just going the other direction.

This is a very good thing, since it appears the algorithm is giving Kurita an attack on a Marik world, apparently in place of a Ghost Bear attack on a Kurita world.

That being the case, would you guys at least consider attacking Ghost Bear's world of Shimosuwa? "Greasing the rails to Terra" should not be the Draconis Combine motto.

Maybe it's partly Marik's fault, too. If the FWL had fought wholeheartedly to defend the Wormhole Zone, then, at this point, Marik loyalists and a flood of mercenaries would likely be close to encountering the Ghost Bear advance. As it is... well, the Bears were trampling nearly unopposed through Kurita space until the Keid glitch emerged.

#9 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostTorque Iron, on 25 February 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

That being the case, would you guys at least consider attacking Ghost Bear's world of Shimosuwa? "Greasing the rails to Terra" should not be the Draconis Combine motto.

Posted Image

Maybe you too baka to read map? All DCMS units currently fighting in CW dropping on Jaguar world of Chatham.

#10 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

THE WORMHOLE RETURNS. It's just going the other direction.

This is a very good thing, since it appears the algorithm is giving Kurita an attack on a Marik world, apparently in place of a Ghost Bear attack on a Kurita world.

Maybe it's partly Marik's fault, too. If the FWL had fought wholeheartedly to defend the Wormhole Zone, then, at this point, Marik loyalists and a flood of mercenaries would likely be close to encountering the Ghost Bear advance. As it is... well, the Bears were trampling nearly unopposed through Kurita space until the Keid glitch emerged.

The DCMS will not be attacking Marik first, even though we are the ones that have the attack lane.

http://mwomercs.com/...arik-relations/

Edited by pwnface, 25 February 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#11 Hippogryph

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostTasker, on 25 February 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

Maybe you too baka to read map? All DCMS units currently fighting in CW dropping on Jaguar world of Chatham.

Dragon, can you read a map? Chatham does not stand between the Clans and Terra. It's good to see a little token resistance to Smoke Jaguar, finally. But Ghost Bear is embarrassing the Combine now, and should be repulsed if there are men enough to do it.

I understand that the DC is interested in focusing on Davion, but if things continue as they are... then Beta will be remembered by all for the DC's provision of an easy avenue to the Clan conquest of Terra. No one will have trouble discerning that from looking at the map.

POSTSCRIPT:

Since I'm at work, I can only see this:

http://www.norrisdev.com/mwocw/

But I do see Ghost Bear has a Kurita attack again, this cycle. Good luck in defending Tsukude, if you will. I'll drop there tonight, in defense of Kurita.

#12 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

Bah, it'll never stop, Purple and Red...

Too bad blue and yellow are dancing like there's no tomorrow...

#13 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

Sending one drop group with several players still earning cadet bonus against Davion not exactly indicate focus. Not fault of Kurita that Davion unable to stop single trainee drop group from claiming world.

#14 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

Rofl. Naw its cool Marik, we'll fight CSJ's 8 loyalist units + their mercs and at the same time fight CGB's horde of CGBI and MS. #comebacktorealitypurplebirds

We can only fight 1 clan at a time with the player base we have, and this is not a HK exclussive problem, steiner and FRR are in the same boat. You guys picked a southern house, you dont need a clan front, you need to be backing up those who do. But im sure this will end up being a HK vs FWL war in the end.

Luthien was a good example of the houses working togather, and it didnt require "merc-league" to do it ethier.

Edited by SteelWarrior, 25 February 2015 - 03:16 PM.

#15 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

If I remember correctly, CI is currently in CGB as well.

CGBI + MS + CI represents more players than pretty much any individual faction's house units.

#16 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

Just dropping in to drill this into thick Marik heads again: You can defend any IS planet against the Clans, whether it's red, purple, blue or even aquamarin. Have you done so against CGB?

Anyway. What I think should happen in correction of this supposed glitch is that CGB gets to attack Keid (and from then on, as they are sure to conquer it, other Marik planets.) I'd say that this would finally shut you guys up... but it probably wouldn't.

#17 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostTorque Iron, on 25 February 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Dragon, can you read a map? Chatham does not stand between the Clans and Terra. It's good to see a little token resistance to Smoke Jaguar, finally. But Ghost Bear is embarrassing the Combine now, and should be repulsed if there are men enough to do it.

I understand that the DC is interested in focusing on Davion, but if things continue as they are... then Beta will be remembered by all for the DC's provision of an easy avenue to the Clan conquest of Terra. No one will have trouble discerning that from looking at the map.

POSTSCRIPT:

Since I'm at work, I can only see this:

http://www.norrisdev.com/mwocw/

But I do see Ghost Bear has a Kurita attack again, this cycle. Good luck in defending Tsukude, if you will. I'll drop there tonight, in defense of Kurita.

The HK Loyalists are dropping vs smoke jags because Kurita pilots and only Kurita pilots can attack them, while the gosh burrs have to split their attention between us and the FRR. You think we like having Luthien surrounded by smoke jags? We don't and all other IS pilots couldn't help us take it back if they wanted too, unlike on the defense. Glad to see you're actually dropping vs clans though. Good work non-******* purple bird.

#18 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:23 PM

View PostKoshirou, on 25 February 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Just dropping in to drill this into thick Marik heads again: You can defend any IS planet against the Clans, whether it's red, purple, blue or even aquamarin. Have you done so against CGB?

Anyway. What I think should happen in correction of this supposed glitch is that CGB gets to attack Keid (and from then on, as they are sure to conquer it, other Marik planets.) I'd say that this would finally shut you guys up... but it probably wouldn't.

Ever seen a thirteen-year-old who doesn't even have a learner's permit try to tell the driver they are messing up things, forgetting turn signals? You want to turn around and say 'look kid, if you were driving, we'd all die' and there's no way to prove it. You just gotta deal with this angsty know-it-all bullcrap. That's how Kurita's been dealing with Marik sentiments for months now. The way they genuinely believe that the worlds would be better defended if they were purple is so ridiculous I don't know where to start.

#19 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

Pwn you forgot that sjr is also cgb. No faction can stop that, that is why mercs are OP and need some way to be moderated. We could drop the combined forces of marik AND kurita on cgb and lose. It is THAT bad. We are picking the winnable battles, and once the mercs move on we are going right back to cgb

#20 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostKoshirou, on 25 February 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Yeah and we set up a star league to Coordinate the various factions units into a cohesive defence. Kurira is not part of this star league. They took great pains to stay or of it. Now they complain about not having enough troops to defend against two clans. In this case purple is more of a protection than red because peop.le will actually defend purple.

The proof of the new star league success is seen in the frr. They are fighting off 3 clans and have ground the clans to a stalemate. It works. Too bad kurita didn't want extra manpower as well. All because they wanted to wage war on davion.

So yeah, not shedding tears over kuritas manpower failures. You wanted to go it alone and now want sympathy over your failures to hold off the clans. Shameful display.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users