***dcms Announcement On Marik Relations***

251 replies to this topic

#121 Nathan Bloodguard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

I will post my 'great idea' here and see what happens. Don't expect me to respond back except to provide extra information or clarification.

Instead of attacking each other and goading the Draconis Combine into a war they cannot win (Not saying that Marik would kick their butts or not, but when you have a war on four fronts when it was already stated that the Draconis Combine can't deal with both clan fronts they have, then it makes for a losing war to start battles with its neighbors. I mean at that point, all Marik would have to do is defend and let Davion, Smoke Jaguars, and Ghost Bear tear them apart.) why don't we determine who is the 'strongest' house (as it seems to be about who is the stronger house, Marik or Draconis Combine) by attacking the clans.

Draconis Combine would take on Smoke Jaguars (or Ghost Bears if they so choose)
Marik would take Ghost Bears (Or Smoke Jaguars if the Combine chooses that)
The "Fed Com" can reunite and attack Jade Falcons (If they wanted to get in on this)
and Laio and the FRR can team up to attack Wolf, and the other clans as necessary. (if they wanted to also)

Note that the southern houses would need to fly under other factions colors, and it would take time to get units over there to fight, but once its all set up you just need to give it a month and see which clan is pushed back the most for a "winner". The "winner" would have the bragging rights to say "WE pushed the clans back the most :P"

There would be no need to join the "nSL" only your word that if Marik and/or the other houses did this, that the Draconis Combine would attack Smoke Jaguar with as much force as they can.

Edit: Spelling...

Edited by Nathan Bloodguard, 26 February 2015 - 06:09 PM.

#122 Moriquendi86

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:37 AM

View PostNathan Bloodguard, on 26 February 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

Draconis Combine would take on Smoke Jaguars (or Ghost Bears if they so choose)
Marik would take Ghost Bears (Or Smoke Jaguars if the Combine chooses that)
The "Fed Com" can reunite and attack Jade Falcons (If they wanted to get in on this)
and Laio and the FRR can team up to attack Wolf, and the other clans as necessary. (if they wanted to also)
Edit: Spelling...

If only Marik and Davion had border with any of those clans so we can actually attack them instead of defending someones else planet...

#123 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

View PostMoriquendi86, on 27 February 2015 - 12:37 AM, said:

If only Marik and Davion had border with any of those clans so we can actually attack them instead of defending someones else planet...

But if u defend all the Planets that get Attacked by the Clans, the Factions with the Clan-Border cant lose any Planets. (Right?!)
And the fact about this: these "free Factions Forces" (that are now not needed for defend) can ATTACK the Planets from the Clans.
It´s not necessary that the Factions which are not crossing a Clan Border attack Planets.

We are losing most Planets by the mass of the Attackers/Defenders.
If we drop with 3x 12 Teams on one Planet, but there are 4x or 5x 12 Teams on the other side, it useless.

Just my 2 Cents.

#124 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

I represent no one but myself but in terms of the survival of the IS against the clan a war between DC and Marik would be a very bad idea.

But.... It sure would be fun :)

PS. I'm on secondment to FRR but we are returning home soon I think.

#125 Moriquendi86

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:28 AM

View PostMadC4t, on 27 February 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

But if u defend all the Planets that get Attacked by the Clans, the Factions with the Clan-Border cant lose any Planets. (Right?!)
And the fact about this: these "free Factions Forces" (that are now not needed for defend) can ATTACK the Planets from the Clans.
It´s not necessary that the Factions which are not crossing a Clan Border attack Planets.

If we drop with 3x 12 Teams on one Planet, but there are 4x or 5x 12 Teams on the other side, it useless.

Just my 2 Cents.

Please don't forget the context of what I've said. If Nathan Bloodguard wants to have a challenge to push back the clans we need to have those attack lines. It's not possible otherwise.

#126 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostMoriquendi86, on 27 February 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

Please don't forget the context of what I've said. If Nathan Bloodguard wants to have a challenge to push back the clans we need to have those attack lines. It's not possible otherwise.

And thats the reason why i wrote my post u quoted.

You don´t need these Attack Lines.
You WANT that Attack Line.
But its not necessary.
Only if you think you can splitt the Clans a bit, if you give them more Attack/Defend Options.

Just my 2 Cents

#127 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostMoriquendi86, on 27 February 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

clan fronts are for closers.

#128 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostMadC4t, on 27 February 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

Only if you think you can splitt the Clans a bit, if you give them more Attack/Defend Options.

Just my 2 Cents

Right now 3 Houses can attack 4 Clans. You don't see a benefit from having 4-6 Houses attacking 4 Clans?

#129 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostDavers, on 27 February 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Right now 3 Houses can attack 4 Clans. You don't see a benefit from having 4-6 Houses attacking 4 Clans?

From another thread...

View PostRoadbeer, on 27 February 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

What a lot of people don't seem to get is that having more fronts against the Clans is a GOOD THING. If Liao and Marik and even Davion had fronts with the Clans, it dilutes the number of attackers the Clans can bring to bear on a single front. It also dilutes the side effect of the Pugzapper by spreading out the disorganized solos even more and allowing organized defenders efforts a greater chance of being successful.

Shortsightedness is shortsighted.

#130 Nathan Bloodguard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostMadC4t, on 27 February 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

Just my 2 Cents.

The problem comes about when another faction goes for defense, and the ones they are defending decide that they don't want to attack the clans, but another house with those now freed up units. Also, a defense is more of a stalling action when that is all you are doing. You will falter from time to time, and with no counter attack to retake lost worlds, then you will only ever lose worlds...

If we had Marik, Davion, and Laio open up attack fronts, it would also mean that each clan could lose at least three more planet (one for each new front per clan they hit) per attack phase (which is kinda why Marik was trying to get a front to the clans from the wormhole effect. I will also note that once it had connected to a clan and a few buffer worlds for potential losses, that the pillar that got them there could have then been reabsorbed into the Draconis Combine). With my plan, no extra attack lanes would been needed. If the Dracs want to attack Davion while Davion's forces are away on the Steiner front, then not only does it make the Draconis Combine look bad for attacking a faction while their units are away (and breaking their word...), but also they would lose worlds to the clan they were 'assigned' to attack, making them fall back on the 'friendly competition'.

*I do say this with respect. If anything here seems disrespectful, I am sorry but it was not the intent.*

Edit: The southern factions would just be flying under their northern faction's flags for that time. It would be rated by how many worlds are taken from the clans vs. how many worlds are lost to the clans. We could just have a unit post in a tally thread the details per attack phase, but I'll leave any fine tuning to the higher ups that would need to agree to this before it could happen.

Oh and could we call it: Operation Bloodguard :D

Edited by Nathan Bloodguard, 27 February 2015 - 06:44 PM.

#131 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

okay Im coming into this one late and frankly don't really care about C.W. BUT, when I look at the map im left with one simple question. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT!?!? House Marik is no-where near the clans OR house Kurita so why am I hearing about supposed boarder disputes with these two factions? am I missing something when I look at the map?

Also, why is kurita and marik not allying against davion or stiener? I get the clans are a real problem but there supposed to still be kicking our ass. (For like the next three years in lore.) so why not form alliances an team up to get those supposed attack lines you both want?

#132 Nathan Bloodguard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

View PostAzeem447, on 27 February 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

okay Im coming into this one late and frankly don't really care about C.W. BUT, when I look at the map im left with one simple question. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT!?!? House Marik is no-where near the clans OR house Kurita so why am I hearing about supposed boarder disputes with these two factions? am I missing something when I look at the map?

Also, why is kurita and marik not allying against davion or stiener? I get the clans are a real problem but there supposed to still be kicking our ass. (For like the next three years in lore.) so why not form alliances an team up to get those supposed attack lines you both want?

Honestly its a dead horse that people are whipping. If you want to know more about this, you should ask for a link to those threadnoughts...

#133 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:42 AM

View PostAzeem447, on 27 February 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

1. Marik had a small territory in Kurita's space due to a glitch in the attack algorithim. Marik was actually north of Terra- and in the direct path of CGB. The northernmost planet (Moore) would have been 3-4 planets away from CGB today. But Kurita didn't want us up there, and evicted us.

2. Why did the alliance between Kurita and Marik fail? Davion stopped playing. There is a lot more that could be added, but that is basically the root cause.

#134 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:35 AM

Our system Keid is opened for attacks from Kurita side.

#135 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:52 AM

View PostMrMarkusCZ, on 01 March 2015 - 01:35 AM, said:

Our system Keid is opened for attacks from Kurita side.

Don't worry, they are too spineless to start something..

#136 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:16 AM

View PostMycrus, on 01 March 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

Don't worry, they are too spineless to start something..

You... want them to fight Marik?

You want them to pull the resources away from their attacks on Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Smoke Jaguar?

And here I thought Marik was interested in the defense of Terra.

#137 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

Nah, it's just that we know that deep in their hearts they really really want to attack us, but they're too scared because they know it will ruin them. Which is totally fine with me.

#138 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:43 AM

Taunting a fellow Inner Sphere house while the Clans invade.

Frankly, you deserve to be conquered. It will be a pleasure taking Terra from you.

#139 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 01 March 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

Nah, it's just that we know that deep in their hearts they really really want to attack us, but they're too scared because they know it will ruin them. Which is totally fine with me.

lmao I can't understand how anyone can still think we care about dots on the map at this point in the game

#140 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:22 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 01 March 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

Taunting a fellow Inner Sphere house while the Clans invade.

Frankly, you deserve to be conquered. It will be a pleasure taking Terra from you.

shush clammer.. clam politik too boring? grow a pair and cycle to IS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users