251 replies to this topic

#1 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

DCMS Announcement on Marik Relations

After our recent dispute over the wormhole closure House Kurita and House Marik are at odds with each other. Today, Kurita has an attack lane into Marik and an opportunity to strike the FWLM if we wish to. This border opening so soon caught us off guard before we could make a public statement and the merc unit dropping on Keid that has now been retracted.

It is the official stance of the DCMS council that House Kurita will not be the first to strike. Although we are no longer friends or allies, it is up to Marik to decide if they want us to become mortal enemies. The DCMS will not be the first to attack but in the event an organized attack is made against House Kurita by Marik we will devote 100% of our forces to attacking Marik every single ceasefire. We would gladly give up both our Clan and Davion fronts as well as an open path to Terra to defend ourselves against Marik if provoked.

If House Marik and the "Star League" alliance truly wish to see the clans stopped, they will not force the DCMS into a war that will shatter the Inner Sphere. If Marik strikes us first it is proof for everyone to see that the Star League is a complete farce and is merely a guise to steal planets from neighboring factions.

We in the DCMS are incredibly devoted to each other and our cause. In the defense of Luthien we had two 12-man groups dropping for the entire SEA ceasefire (ending at 6am PST - 9am EST) with just 1 defeat. We can not be defeated in a war of attrition, we are stubborn and we do not sleep.

As a final attempt to maintain sanity and balance in the Inner Sphere, I must implore you not to provoke the Dragon.

Do not test our resolve.

To all DCMS pilots, please refrain from posting in this thread to keep this thread for devolving into troll/flame wars.

#2 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

Ha ha ha ha

#3 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

After our recent dispute over the wormhole closure House Kurita and House Marik are at odds with each other. Today, Kurita has an attack lane into Marik and an opportunity to strike the FWLM if we wish to. This border opening so soon caught us off guard before we could make a public statement and the merc unit dropping on Keid that has now been retracted.

It is the official stance of the DCMS council that House Kurita will not be the first to strike. Although we are no longer friends or allies, it is up to Marik to decide if they want us to become mortal enemies. The DCMS will not be the first to attack but in the event an organized attack is made against House Kurita by Marik we will devote 100% of our forces to attacking Marik every single ceasefire. We would gladly give up both our Clan and Davion fronts as well as an open path to Terra to defend ourselves against Marik if provoked.

If House Marik and the "Star League" alliance truly wish to see the clans stopped, they will not force the DCMS into a war that will shatter the Inner Sphere. If Marik strikes us first it is proof for everyone to see that the Star League is a complete farce and is merely a guise to steal planets from neighboring factions.

We in the DCMS are incredibly devoted to each other and our cause. In the defense of Luthien we had two 12-man groups dropping for the entire SEA ceasefire (ending at 6am PST - 9am EST) with just 1 defeat. We can not be defeated in a war of attrition, we are stubborn and we do not sleep.

As a final attempt to maintain sanity and balance in the Inner Sphere, I must implore you not to provoke the Dragon.

Do not test our resolve.

To all DCMS pilots, please refrain from posting in this thread to keep this thread for devolving into troll/flame wars.

Y u no want war in war game huh?

#4 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

The Problem is : Even without anyone fighting Kurita actually, I do not see the Clans being "stopped", nor pushed back...

If Kurita proves that they are able to stop CGB and CSJ on their own, I guess many Mariks would think twice.

By the daily Numbers of Players that you got at Hand (minimum 90 to 100 as you say) it should not be a big Problem at the Moment. Especially with the Quality and the Devotion of your Pilots.

If you are not able to keep the Clans from Terra - and if it is only that you are lacking the Numbers to do so - I can imagine Marik wants to rebuild their Wall around it again.

I do not think that it is in the Interest of Marik to let the Clans get to Terra or even into Davion Space right now.

But of Course this is just my personal Analysis of the Situation and nothing official.

Edited by Joe Decker, 25 February 2015 - 04:30 PM.

#5 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 25 February 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

The Problem is : Even without anyone fighting Kurita actually, I do not see the Clans being "stopped", nor pushed back...

If Kurita proves that they are able to stop CGB and CSJ on their own, I guess many Mariks would think twice.

By the daily Numbers of Players that you got at Hand (minimum 90 to 100 as you say) it should not be a big Problem at the Moment. Especially with the Quality of your Pilots.

If you are not able to keep the Clans from Terra - and if it is only that you are lacking the Numbers to do so - I can imagine Marik wants to rebuild their Wall around it again.

I do not think that it is in the Interest of Marik to let the Clans get to Terra or even into Davion Space right now.

Our teamspeak server currently has a capacity of 115 slots and it's been maxed out a few times. Typically we have somewhere between 60-100 a night not 90-100 average. Even 100 pilots is not enough to hold back both clan fronts without support. We can hold off and possibly win against CSJ whereas on the CGB front taking ground would be considerably more difficult.

Again, building a wall around Terra will not save it. Any pilot in the Inner Sphere can drop on defense against any clan attacker. I don't believe that Marik is any more capable of defending against the clans than Kurita is. It looks like CGB may have a border with Marik soon enough anyway, we'll see how well they fare at that point.

Edited by pwnface, 25 February 2015 - 04:33 PM.

#6 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:36 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

Our teamspeak server currently has a capacity of 115 slots and it's been maxed out a few times. Typically we have somewhere between 60-100 a night not 90-100 average. Even 100 pilots is not enough to hold back both clan fronts without support. We can hold off and possibly win against CSJ whereas on the CGB front taking ground would be considerably more difficult.

Again, building a wall around Terra will not save it. Any pilot in the Inner Sphere can drop on defense against any clan attacker. I don't believe that Marik is any more capable of defending against the clans than Kurita is. It looks like CGB may have a border with Marik soon enough anyway, we'll see how well they fare at that point.

Okey if that is true, then why not you Guys focus on Smoke Jaguars only and let us get in Contact with CGB before they get too far south ? We could deal easily with one Clan. And no - it is not possible to win a War in CW with Defense only ...

Edited by Joe Decker, 25 February 2015 - 04:38 PM.

#7 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 25 February 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Okey if that is true, then why not you Guys focus on Smoke Jaguars only and let us get in Contact with CGB before they get too far south ? We could deal easily with one Clan. And no - it is not possible to win a War in CW with Defense only ...

Your faction icon says FRR but you talk like you are Marik. FRR already has a border with CGB. If Marik mercs are capable of pushing back CGB as they claim they can do so from FRR. We will not allow Marik to take any territory from Kurita as they've already shown that we can not trust them.

#8 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Your faction icon says FRR but you talk like you are Marik. FRR already has a border with CGB. If Marik mercs are capable of pushing back CGB as they claim they can do so from FRR. We will not allow Marik to take any territory from Kurita as they've already shown that we can not trust them.

he is a marik or a davion, no FRR besides myself has so far posted in this thread.

#9 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Yes we are currently helping out FRR but we are close to Marik. We are fighting Clans while others stand by.

It is not possible to win the War from FRR Territory as they are in a bad Position - getting hit by too many Clans at the same Time. If we would go all in we would be able to stabilize the Front for FRR but that would not win the War.

Because of the latest Kuritan War Rethoric we go back to Marik now to see what happens next.

And you can not trust Marik ? It was not Marik that attacked Kurita but MS if I am allowed to bring that up again. Do you Guys not understand that you fell into their Trap ? Better you understand it quick. We did not care about the Wormhole as we were already with Rasalhague at the Time.

Might be that some others in Marik were also annoyed about the Forum Warmongering - but that (hopefully) will not play a Role in our next Decisions. At least it does not for us.

View PostAbivard, on 25 February 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

he is a marik or a davion, no FRR besides myself has so far posted in this thread.

Oh thanks for letting them know. But I can speak for myself.

Everyone reading my Banner knows where I am from. Not a Secret.

Edited by Joe Decker, 25 February 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#10 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

Do not test our resolve.

Out of curiosity, given the high probability of a reset within the next 60 days, and given that Kurita units claim to be seeking 'good battles', why does it matter if Marik wastes time trying to engage you? Won't you gain experience fighting them that you can put to good use when CW 'matters'?

No horse in this fight - I'll probably be grinding Wolf on Saturday - but the amazing amount of drama and butthurt people are putting into this iteration of the map continues to amaze me

#11 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

So you couldn´t seduce Liao to your side. Despite your charme offensive. Not surprising.

As soon as there is going to be a border some Pugs are gonna attack anyways and you will spam the forums with outrage. If House Marik has sanctioned anything or not. So you fight desperatedly for moral high ground. Think that will turn over the Liaos?

I repeat: Ha ha ha ha

Sidenote: There is a Bear in your backyard.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 25 February 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#12 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 25 February 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

Because of the latest Kuritan War Rethoric we go back to Marik now to see what happens next.

What "Kuritan War Rhetoric" are you talking about? This thread is basically saying "don't start nothing, won't be nothing" to Marik, and we will keep on happily kicking the clans to the curb.

#13 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:59 PM

Ha ha ha ha

#14 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 25 February 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

And you can not trust Marik ? It was not Marik that attacked Kurita but MS if I am allowed to bring that up again. Do you Guys not understand that you fell into their Trap ? Better you understand it quick.

Might be that some others in Marik were also annoyed about the Forum Warmongering - but that (hopefully) will not play a Role in our next Decisions. At least it does not for us.

MS tried to expand the wormhole and when they left Kurita was in the process of closing it down. It was Marik loyalists that launched an attack on Kurita territory with 4 separate groups coordinating in teamspeak. It's easy to blame stuff on MS now that they've left but the attack was 100% Marik loyalists including Roadbeer and Ilithi Dragon.

#15 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

MS tried to expand the wormhole and when they left Kurita was in the process of closing it down. It was Marik loyalists that launched an attack on Kurita territory with 4 separate groups coordinating in teamspeak. It's easy to blame stuff on MS now that they've left but the attack was 100% Marik loyalists including Roadbeer and Ilithi Dragon.

Some bad Communication (on both Sides) started this in first Place as far as I know, but as I said - we were not there, we were with Rasalhague at the Time and we did not take Part in the Attack.

So sorry for that.

btw - as much as I respect Roadbeer or the others of Marik - Marik got many Facets. And many Pilots. As many Facets as we got Pilots. Which means many ^_^

Edited by Joe Decker, 25 February 2015 - 05:12 PM.

#16 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

View Poststratagos, on 25 February 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, given the high probability of a reset within the next 60 days, and given that Kurita units claim to be seeking 'good battles', why does it matter if Marik wastes time trying to engage you? Won't you gain experience fighting them that you can put to good use when CW 'matters'?

No horse in this fight - I'll probably be grinding Wolf on Saturday - but the amazing amount of drama and butthurt people are putting into this iteration of the map continues to amaze me

Part of the DCMS is eager for a fight with Marik but we do realize that would come at the cost of losing Terra. Make no mistake, if Marik and Kurita go to war there will be absolutely no chance of defending Terra from the clans. We are leaving this decision up to the "Star League" nation.

Seeing as how both CGB and CSJ can provide more challenging fights than Marik or Davion, this IS our way of looking for "good battles".

Regarding the butthurt and drama, it's all part of the fun man!

#17 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostTime Bandit, on 25 February 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

What "Kuritan War Rhetoric" are you talking about? This thread is basically saying "don't start nothing, won't be nothing" to Marik, and we will keep on happily kicking the clans to the curb.

Some Stuff was going on - not talking about this Thread and too lazy to search for it on the Forums again :)

It felt like Kurita was hot for a Fight. And it still feels like that. So we get home fighting for our Faction if needed. If Things cool down again (booooring) we go somewhere else.

View Poststratagos, on 25 February 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

I guess we just practice the Roleplaying Factor Bud ;)

btw It is Fun :D

Edited by Joe Decker, 25 February 2015 - 05:14 PM.

#18 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image

#19 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 25 February 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

So you couldn´t seduce Liao to your side. Despite your charme offensive. Not surprising.

As soon as there is going to be a border some Pugs are gonna attack anyways and you will spam the forums with outrage. If House Marik has sanctioned anything or not. So you fight desperatedly for moral high ground. Think that will turn over the Liaos?

I repeat: Ha ha ha ha

Sidenote: There is a Bear in your backyard.

When did we try to "seduce liao to our side"?? I personally reached out on the forums to see what the best way to contact them was although I haven't actually talked to ANYONE from Liao leadership. Originally, we wanted to gauge if Liao had any interest in becoming part of the ceasefire we were about to offer Davion as we didn't want to leave Liao locked in combat against Davion by themselves. It became clear that Liao is more than happy to fight Davion and their bloodlust has not been sated yet.

House Kurita has NEVER asked Liao to do side with or do ANYTHING for us. Please don't make up unfounded lies based on conjecture.

#20 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 25 February 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Some bad Communication (on both Sides) started this in first Place as far as I know, but as I said - we were not there, we were with Rasalhague at the Time and we did not take Part in the Attack.

So sorry for that.

We recognize that not everyone in Marik is hungry for a war with Kurita, it's too bad the relationship between our two factions has reached this point. I know a lot of Seraphim pilots feels like they were mistreated when they took a vacation in Kurita space but I believe this was mostly due to the lack of communication between our respective organizations (and forum trolling which people need to stop taking seriously).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users