Proposition To Marik From Liao

62 replies to this topic

#41 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:59 AM

Most of the leads from Marik have already been talking about it, and it seems like we are on the same page.

May we make an additional agreement that might benefit both our communities?

A lot of our units are gathering together for CW matches, but are finding little resistance on our borders. If your unit sees the same, lets talk and see if both of our communities can schedule some friendly CW matches on specific nights.

This is only a proposal, but wanted to put it out there on the table.

#42 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBerenson, Free Worlds League

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

What about really helping each other out and actively taking part in the defense of each others planets if its needed. This would of course help us both out as we would not lose as many planets and we could keep pushing North.

#43 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:36 AM

We can't aid Liao against IS aggression. The game doesn't allow it. We could aid them against clan agression but if we are doing that something has either gone very right or hideously wrong.

#44 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:00 AM

You are correct. I keep forgetting we cant defend IS from IS just from clans :-/

#45 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostLightning0861, on 05 May 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

You are correct. I keep forgetting we cant defend IS from IS just from clans :-/

Well, as they say, offense is the best defense.

#46 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

Now that we have all tasted a lot of Clan blood, is it time we organize joint Liao & Marik Clan border operations?

We could coordinate drops using one of our TS servers and run joint coms. I'm sure we can manipulate the queue's for us to drop together. For example, two 6 man teams simultaneously dropping using joint coms should allow us to run together on a Clan Defend. Since we are such allies, it makes sense to me to bring that alliance closer by running joint operations against our common enemy.

Let face it, our current borders are not where the action is. I'm all for coordinated skirmishes between ourselves, heck I'm Marik and we fight each other all the time, but the real action is on the Clan front and until we have a means to open our own attack lane, defense is all we have. Can you get a Unit tag on a planet that is not your faction?

Who likes this idea?

#47 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:45 AM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 06 May 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

Now that we have all tasted a lot of Clan blood, is it time we organize joint Liao & Marik Clan border operations?

Yes, we must work together to crush Clan Davion.

#48 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

@ Idaho. That would be awesome. Lets try and coordinate it. TCAF has the most numbers maybe we can get in contact with them. Count me in.

#49 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 06 May 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:

LOL.

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 06 May 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:

Are they even worth the effort? I don't know about you, but I am tired of Ghost Drops.

#50 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 06 May 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Are they even worth the effort? I don't know about you, but I am tired of Ghost Drops.

They were dropping on us 4 companies to our 1 last night so...

#51 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:11 AM

Man I was on late last night! When was this :/

#52 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 26 February 2015 - 08:25 PM, said:

You have to remember that clans would scream bloody murder to be able to do this as well. We could end up with all four clans driving a single attack lane through a faction such as steiner or kurita. The last thing we need to do is give them more planets to attack. Look at whats happening to FRR right now. They are being eaten alive even with substantial merc help. I fear buying attack lanes would just speed up the clans progress towards Terra. Also a large merc group such as MS could afford to buy multiple attack lanes stretching our already outnumbered forces even thinner.

View PostDavers, on 26 February 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

It would be diverging from lore, true. But maybe only Permanent units could buy them?

Or....you could simply hire [-MS-] to create your attack lane for you. I heard they work for money and last time I checked their current employer is VERY pleased with the work they have done (flip side: Ask CSJ and CGB if Kurita's money was well spent).

A birdie told me that [-MS-] 'contract' is almost up with their current employer and if you bid high enough, early enough, you could 'steal' their services on the cheap (make them an offer they CAN'T refuse...and do it before someone else does). If you are a REALLY good employer [-MS-] might even toss in a free-bee, like they did for Wolf during the Battle for Tukayyid.

In short, if you want to use C-Bills to create an attack lane hire [-MS-] to do it for you.

Edited by Armando, 06 May 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#53 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 06 May 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

They were dropping on us 4 companies to our 1 last night so...

They must of been focusing on you. We had nothing on the Marik side of the border. :(

#54 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostArmando, on 06 May 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

Or....you could simply hire [-MS-] to create your attack lane for you. I heard they work for money and last time I checked their current employer is VERY pleased with the work they have done (flip side: Ask CSJ and CGB if Kurita's money was well spent).

A birdie told me that [-MS-] 'contract' is almost up with their current employer and if you bid high enough, early enough, you could 'steal' their services on the cheap (make them an offer they CAN'T refuse...and do it before someone else does). If you are a REALLY good employer [-MS-] might even toss in a free-bee, like they did for Wolf during the Battle for Tukayyid.

In short, if you want to use C-Bills to create an attack lane hire [-MS-] to do it for you.

It would have to be a very long contract for you to create a corridor to the Clans from a Southern House. ;)

#55 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 06 May 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

They must of been focusing on you. We had nothing on the Marik side of the border. :(

Yea, they've posted on the Liao forum that they are only focusing on us because they outnumber us. They feel that fighting you guys as well would make the numbers to close to even.

#56 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

Sounds like we need to open a Davion front and release some of the pressure on Liao.

#57 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostDavers, on 06 May 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

It would have to be a very long contract for you to create a corridor to the Clans from a Southern House. ;)

I wasn't the one who suggested a corridor be created, only commented that if that is the goal...How to realistically achieve that goal effectively as possible.

Edited by Armando, 06 May 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#58 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

When did we post that we only attack Liao because of numbers? That's getting old. Sounds whiny. Davion has tons of solo que players so they outnumber us. Why are they always attacking? Maybe we attack you because Liao constantly attacks us? Stop making weak excuses. I understand why Marin and Liao don't fight each other, but you can't expect to attack us and then get to act indignant when we attack back. You don't see me whining when tcaf attacks. I just grab 12 Davion or jump in the lobby and fight as a pug against them.

#59 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 06 May 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

Yea, they've posted on the Liao forum that they are only focusing on us because they outnumber us. They feel that fighting you guys as well would make the numbers to close to even.

Im halfway tempted to look into putting together a Marik Liao Defence regiment. Marik Loyalists who temporarily assign themselves in Liao for the purpose of defense. What kind of numbers disparity are we looking at between Davion and Liao?

#60 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:45 PM

Actually, if your looking for fights, that's not a terrible idea. Despite claims to the contrary, we hate ghost drops. If some mariks joining Liao temporarily results in more actual fights, that can only be a good thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users