#41 Claviger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 204 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostLance425, on 26 February 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

If you already know everything there is to know about your system, then why pose the original question in the way you did?

The amount of people running $4000 systems will be very low because... well... Not many people have $4000 to spend on a computer. Hell a large portion of the player base probably doesn't have that much to spend on a car! That is why it is not an issue.

You are just coming off as whiny Claviger and your late 2013 sig isn't helping.

Keep churning out mechs, maps, and optimize as you go PGI.

My late 2013 sig still applies to the game, so I don't really care if it is "isn't helping".

The reason I posted is because I would like to know, on a PC that is nearly money is no object, why does the game still run like utter garbage band why hasn't the company done anything to fix it? Other, newer, much more graphically intense games, that look a decade newer than MWO run fluidly, yet MWO struggles like nothing I have ever seen.

Would just like to know from PGI why does MWO run so terribly compared to AAA titles that use far more demanding engines behind their games?

Witcher 2 with Ubersampling and everything else at max RUNS FASTER THAN MWO DOES.

View Postjoelmuzz, on 26 February 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

I think its all CPU bottlenecks.
Particles are CPU based and it doesn't help that PGI are overusing them (smoke and steam coming from everywhere).

Basically best performance is gained by a big i7 and not GPU, $100 GPU can do as well as top shelf because of CPU bottlenecking.

Holy shittake mushrooms, someone can give an answer that is not trouble-shooting me or my pc.

Thanks! Now I know exactly what to target when stripping all the **** away from the game in the ini file.

Edited by Claviger, 26 February 2015 - 02:29 PM.

#42 Claviger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 204 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostGoose, on 26 February 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

This last point was supposed to have been you first Idiot Light on the subject.

DId you miss the part where I said I locked the GPUs at max speed? Have you not read the 21390857219083754 pages of complaining about the 980 series and this flaw in the drivers? Did you not realize that if you don't own one you would have not a fing clue that they suffer from this problem?

Posted Image

So you missed the part where I said I disabled parking already right? Or was my post not clear enough. I DISABLED PARKING PERMANENTLY IN THE OS.

Posted Image

Good job on capturing a screen shot of mostly default settings. Pro. Surely those "application control" selections are how you get best performance! lmfao

Edited by Claviger, 26 February 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#43 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostClaviger, on 26 February 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

Holy shittake mushrooms, someone can give an answer that is not trouble-shooting me or my pc.

Thanks! Now I know exactly what to target when stripping all the **** away from the game in the ini file.

Had you asked for this information in the original post or the subsequent posts thereafter I'm sure someone would have gladly pointed you to the right place. Goose and xWiredx have a ton of information on the matter.

Instead you just blathered about how amazing your system was and how it should run better. Most of us that have been around for a while know that the game should run better and will gladly help you squeeze every ounce of performance from it.

Just ask the right question next time! ;)

#44 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

Would just like to know from PGI why does MWO run so terribly compared to AAA titles that use far more demanding engines behind their games?

Witcher 2 with Ubersampling and everything else at max RUNS FASTER THAN MWO DOES.

2 Things, there arent too many engines out there more demanding than Cryengine, which many think was the wrong choice for the game.

second, did you just pick a GPU bound game to bold and underline as a statement that runs better?
You should probably pick another CPU bound game to do that as it kind of makes more sense.

And PGI don't read these forums, you'd have to twitter russ

#45 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 26 February 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

MWO is literally the most advanced videogame on the planet, and features cutting edge graphics so good, there's no hardware on the market that lets you play it the way the devs intended.

Not true. MWO is like buying a used sports car that has been neglected; if you put a lot of work into it, you will have a sweet ride, if you don't you will have a hooptie.

#46 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

View PostLance425, on 26 February 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

Had you asked for this information in the original post or the subsequent posts thereafter I'm sure someone would have gladly pointed you to the right place. Goose and xWiredx have a ton of information on the matter.

Instead you just blathered about how amazing your system was and how it should run better. Most of us that have been around for a while know that the game should run better and will gladly help you squeeze every ounce of performance from it.

Just ask the right question next time! ;)

And add to that don't sound like a giant douche when people give you the answers.

#47 Claviger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 204 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:45 PM

Please show where I am boasting about how awesome my pc is.

I am asking how to get better performance because the game doesn't run right as is.

If you read any of it as "OMFG MY PC IS ROXOR" That is something you read into my posts, as nowhere is there anything remotely like that.

Edited by Claviger, 26 February 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#48 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

Max everything but particles leave that at low or medium.In fact test both low and medium you will get a consistently higher FPS. Run on 64bit DX11 also.

#49 Claviger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 204 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:52 PM

Also,
If being CPU bound so badly, why in the ******* hell have they not corrected the issue by now?

The point about witcher 2: A game with settings KNOWN to be basically the hardest of all games on PCs to run fluidly runs better than your game. CPU/GPU/xxx bound doesn't matter, if that is the case, there is clearly something broken as **** with the game and they should fix it.

Edited by Claviger, 26 February 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#50 LaneHacker

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts
  • LocationATL Ga,

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:57 PM

I have a system specs like you including the monitor, except I have one card.
Turn off V-sync put all graphics on med. except shaders. set those to high and dx9.
Enjoy your 100+ fps with very little artifacts. My rig has 3d on it and I would LOVE to play the game with that on, but it simply can't happen now. Maybe in a year or two, but you must understand you cannot ask so much of a new in testing as we go game, that is using a very ill tempered graphics engine to boot. Wait, enjoy, and rejoice when the day comes.

P.S. hardest game to run is the first supreme commander game, a 8 player game on that will bring your rig to its knees. Witcher 2 had twice or more amount of time than this one in testing and develop, also like the first F.E.A.R. game uses awesome tricks to make it look awesome yet taxes a system less.

Edited by LaneHacker, 26 February 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#51 Claviger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 204 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

Will give it a shot lane, see if maybe certain settings higher than minimum setting does help.

Edited by Claviger, 26 February 2015 - 03:01 PM.

#52 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

My late 2013 sig still applies to the game, so I don't really care if it is "isn't helping".

The reason I posted is because I would like to know, on a PC that is nearly money is no object, why does the game still run like utter garbage band why hasn't the company done anything to fix it? Other, newer, much more graphically intense games, that look a decade newer than MWO run fluidly, yet MWO struggles like nothing I have ever seen.

every person in the MWO community would like those answers and especially us guys with nice shinny gaming gear :-/ .... unfortunately pgi doesnt answer these questions in any way shape or form.

#53 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostClaviger, on 26 February 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

So basically, screw anyone who owns a top tier system, you get performance of an entry level gaming laptop.

YUP!

My laptop works absolutely fine, so I guess the joke's on you.

#54 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostClaviger, on 26 February 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

Also,
If being CPU bound so badly, why in the ******* hell have they not corrected the issue by now?

The point about witcher 2: A game with settings KNOWN to be basically the hardest of all games on PCs to run fluidly runs better than your game. CPU/GPU/xxx bound doesn't matter, if that is the case, there is clearly something broken as **** with the game and they should fix it.

Lack of people and money. They're finally doing some changes to scaleform this year.

#55 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 26 February 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

And add to that don't sound like a giant douche when people give you the answers.

^

I do hope you get the game to run better, and I hope that your "perceived" attitude issue is just lost in forum speak.

I'm sure you are a pleasant person on TS.

Edited by Lance425, 26 February 2015 - 03:25 PM.

#56 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostClaviger, on 26 February 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

@ Goose - I'll take a look through the ini settings listed. The point was not to impress man, anyone can go look on hwbot or wherever for scores, was simply to clarify that the system performs fine in other cases. 9-11-10-28-1T to answer your question.

Others, no, not new here, but new to having a build that is/should be capable of max settings in any game at high fps, so didn't realize there literally was nothing on the table to be had from MWO by owning any video card newer than a GTX 580 or GTX 670.

Serious question: What was the point of rereleasing DX11 when it does exactly nothing to aleviate the cpu bottleneck.

View PostClaviger, on 26 February 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

Sooo I put up my latest settings, which involves me using PostAA again, and thus nothing special is happening in nVI.

You keep saying you addressed core parking, but I'd like to hear how; I though I'd done so, too, until a few days ago.

When my GTX 680 Signature Plus blew up, I ran my GTX 580 while stuff was in the mail; There is a difference …

MWO is a battalion scale game, built on a pedestrian scale game, and as such punishes the render thread(s) unlike anything in history; There's no fixing that.

I don't remember Witcher being used for benchmarking, and I think everything else you picked was GPU-limited; Picking substiutes for our lack of benchmark is of unknown use, but I like to try.

#57 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

I run MWO at 1920x1200 and I frequently get about 110-120 on the low end, with occasional dips to 60-70 and highs to 170fps. It is possible. I run an i7 4770k, OC'd to 4.4 ghz, 32gb ram, a single GTX760.

I remember a LONG time ago I was having issues with my old graphics card. I sent a support ticket to PGI and they actually sent me a screen shot to show how to set my NVidia control panel settings. After that I played with the settings in game, one at a time. If it positively impacted fps, I left it, if it negatively impacted it, I turned it back.

I have most of my setttings now at medium, except for particles which are at low, and I'm running DX11. Also, my monitor is an older 60hz dell, so my video card is set for that as well. Granted, this leaves some screen tearing, but I usually don't even notice it when I'm flying around in my Spider.

Edited by mailin, 26 February 2015 - 03:52 PM.

#58 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

To be fair to PGI(I know it feels weird saying that) they are working on improving framerates and the patches in february have already improved it a lot.

Edited by Hardin4188, 26 February 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#59 Finkledbody

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

Did I read that first post right?
You have your SSD's in RAID? any reason why?

Edited by Finkledbody, 27 February 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#60 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 26 February 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

2 Things, there arent too many engines out there more demanding than Cryengine, which many think was the wrong choice for the game. second, did you just pick a GPU bound game to bold and underline as a statement that runs better? You should probably pick another CPU bound game to do that as it kind of makes more sense. And PGI don't read these forums, you'd have to twitter russ

No no no no....you make too much sense McKenna....please stop. My eyes are going to bleed from reading all of the correct words you are typing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users