#41 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

I wish for INFINITE WISHES

Serious answer: I'd fix instant pinpoint convergence.

#42 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

View Postthe hedgehog, on 26 February 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

Change the heat system.

Lower heat cap and incease heat dissapation.

and tweak heat numbers on weapons.

Don't forget convergence!

#43 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostDock Steward, on 26 February 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

I would support this idea if the percentages were on a sliding scale based on weight. Light mechs would suffer far more than mechs that can afford to fire from a relative stand still.

The kind of shake I am looking for isn't anything that will make you miss more often than not (like when you jump jet now), but something that just makes it harder to aim at specific spots when on the move.

I thought about adjusting scale based on weight, but 75% of 150kph is still above 100kph.

#44 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:27 PM

I woke up and found my Banshee had 10 Energy hardpoints, and ghost heat was removed.

#45 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

I'm not sure if I would like hard point sizes somewhat like in MW4 or have collision put in this game correctly. Clipping through mechs in a brawl and seeing or shooting at mechs clipping through each other is just old as hell and I'm really sick of it.

Edited by hercules1981, 26 February 2015 - 04:41 PM.

#46 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

i would change these increasingly stupid events

#47 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

id change the heat scale to make it where our sustained output is about 50% less then it is now...10-30 points instead of 50-90 points...

#48 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

I would change detecion (Dorito) rules to be dependent on tonnage (tentatively 10 meters per ton, so 200 meters for a locust and 1km for a Direwolf) then I would rework ECM to work as anti TAG and NARC and prevent target sharing from/to mechs under enemy ECM.

#49 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

Convergence/Focused Fire/ Mild CoF reticle, aka, change aiming entirely and largely minimize the pinpoint alpha plague. Not remove it mind, you .....but make you have to make a tradeoff....perfect aim, means you are an easier target yourself.

#50 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

I'd awaken to find that Microsoft, sensing there was money to be made on the continued interest in MWO long term, stepped on Harmony Gold like they were a tiny little ant, granting us access to the unseen in all their glory.

That, or....

Instead of going with the new mech package format, PGI was still releasing a mech every month. I miss those days....

Edited by Helsbane, 26 February 2015 - 06:21 PM.

#51 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

If you had to pick between a new heat system and scale, and the Unseen original designs making it in.

which would you choose?

#52 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostBrody319, on 26 February 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

If you had to pick between a new heat system and scale, and the Unseen original designs making it in.

which would you choose?

Unseens.

Because I have no faith a new heat system would actually be any better. Almost all the proposals have had huge gaping flaws , themselves. The current system, while not great, by any means, IMO doesn't hamstring the game that much.

#53 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

id make lrms require line of sight (except for cases of tag or narc) like in every other mech warrior game ever. hiding behind rocks: the game gets old fast.

#54 zeta44

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:15 PM

I would equip KFX-S legs on my adder (no one can tell the difference) so it has jump jets

#55 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

Some good answers so far! I agree that removing pinpoint would be huge, but I'm not sure whether it could be counted as one thing because of having to fix hit detection before it can work. Apart from that technicality though, it is better than my wish.

I also love the improved jumpjets with weapon shake to nerf poptarting, although that would come naturally if weapon divergence with movement was a thing.

Not sure about unseens, I've seen great versions of the Marauder and Warhammer but I'd be worried about them putting in the Phoenix Hawk, Wasp, and Stinger aerotech designs just because they could. Might be ok if they were heavily redesigned not to look like transformers though, and I'd kill to get the Archer into the game. You'd have trouble getting me to pilot anything else if I had that.

#56 HollowBassman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 172 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

I wish the cockpit view was from the actual cockpit of the mech and not oversized and in front of the mech.

#57 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

I would change UI 2.0 to something more useful with fewer clicks.

There's always going to be something someone wants to change about balance, game design, etc. and many people will like it, while many people will not like it. But in reality, the game is a great lot of fun to play, because we're all still playing it 2+ years later. Fixing up the little things can make a huge difference in the entire experience. Think of the change to the CW screens - now with planetary info on attack/defend queues, finding matches is much easier. There are fewer unknowns, and I expect across the board, people like it much better than before.

Although we spend inordinate amounts of time shooting other mechs, there is still a significant portion of that time spent in the mechlab and in the social tabs. Make those parts of the game more easy to access and more enjoyable to use, and you will make so many people happy. They might not say it, and they might not even consciously notice it, but it will make a significant difference, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who does not like the improvement there.

#58 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:01 PM

Remove Ghost heat and install a mechanic that taxes the weapons system. For example: Firing 6 Lasers at a time not only generates heat but taxes the power supply so that it takes longer to charge. Firing 6 ballistics at one time would slow the recycle rate. Firing 2 or 3 of each weapon at a time causes no change. Something like that.

Ghost heat is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

#59 the hedgehog

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

View PostDjPush, on 26 February 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Remove Ghost heat and install a mechanic that taxes the weapons system. For example: Firing 6 Lasers at a time not only generates heat but taxes the power supply so that it takes longer to charge. Firing 6 ballistics at one time would slow the recycle rate. Firing 2 or 3 of each weapon at a time causes no change. Something like that.

Ghost heat is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

The heat system is one of the biggest problem in the game, with a proper heat system in place things like quirks are unneeded in the manner we have them now.

Certain mechs would need minior quirks (IE boat mechs with nothing but a single type of hard point) but it would get rid of the ludicracy of mechs like the thunderbolt 9s. because of the quirk system it IS a top teir mech and forces you to play that mech in a limited manner.

/end rant

#60 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 26 February 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

So here's the hypothetical situation: You're tweaking builds in the mechlab one day, when suddenly your fairy godmech or the genie of the lab appears and gives you a wish that allows you to change any one thing about MWO. What do you consider the single change that would make the most positive difference to the game?

Personally I think I'd simply make ECM affect only the mech carrying it instead of the whole team, but is there something better you can think of?

deleting river ******.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users