Can We Actually Focus On The Clan Front Now?

102 replies to this topic

#81 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

View Postpwnface, on 28 February 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

For every planet we lose on the Davion front we gain a planet on CGB. I guess we are actually "defending Terra" now huh?

So the only way to get Kurita to fight the Clans is for them to be overwhelmed on the IS front. I made a joke about this earlier you know.

#82 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 February 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

So the only way to get Kurita to fight the Clans is for them to be overwhelmed on the IS front. I made a joke about this earlier you know.

Admittedly once I realized both -MS- and Ci were on the way it made more sense to take planets from their home territory. -MS- is for the most part a great group. I was just sad to see them for a large cartel. If only -MS- had come I was pushing to keep fighting them over planets for the GGs ... but it is what it is.

Edited by CrockdaddyAoD, 28 February 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#83 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 February 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

We go where we can have an impact. MS and CI abandoned CGB. Seems like a pretty good idea to take advantage of he fact.

It also has the extra benefit of agitating the mercs to the point that they lose all sense of reality and go on a $H1^ posting spree :)

Edited by Prophetic, 28 February 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#84 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

I get it.

You only fight pugs and easy matches, going quiet or running away when serious 12mans show up.

Training up for your lives as Clanner bondsmen I see.

Glad to see you've got a plan for the future, clearly the Kurita House Council was a bold move forward for the DCMS.

You guys keep putting this on Russ' t-ball stand for me.

#85 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

so you would rather fight on a border where even if you won every game (which isnt going to happen against MS) you will lose a planet every time as opposed to fighting on a border where your wins matter?

i remember you once praised us for making this exact decision and that it showed the tactical ability of the newfound council.

these ****** mechanics need to change or merc groups like MS will have 100000x more power then any house

Edited by Stealth Raptor, 28 February 2015 - 06:11 PM.

#86 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 February 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

I get it.

You only fight pugs and easy matches, going quiet or running away when serious 12mans show up.

Glad to see you've got a plan for the future, clearly the Kurita House Council was a bold move forward for the DCMS.

this ruse doesn't work, homie, i know you aren't this stupid

#87 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 February 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

I get it.

We are glad you can finally admit that Davion clanners are easy matches. Don't worry though we will get bored of fighting clan hockey mascot soon and Davion rat will be back on the menu.

#88 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:49 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 28 February 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

this ruse doesn't work, homie, i know you aren't this stupid

MischiefSC isn't that stupid, he is just trying to goad us into making a bad move.

#89 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

Its forum warrior!!

:)

A little **** talking is always fun. I expect -MS- to give us some crap over it. :)

#90 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

View Postpwnface, on 28 February 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

MischiefSC isn't that stupid, he is just trying to goad us into making a bad move.

ha ha, i hold the upper hand in these tactics, davion villains: i am too stupid to be predicted

#91 Harvey Batchall Kerensky at Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 28 February 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

Its forum warrior!!

:)

A little **** talking is always fun. I expect -MS- to give us some crap over it. :)

At this point I expect MS to link to ytmnd with master trolls

#92 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

View Postpwnface, on 28 February 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

Are you sure? Because he sure sounds pretty stupid to me.....

But hey - the next time a 300+ group of schmuck mercs decide to derp over to a neighbor and start tagging Clan Davion planets wholesale, he can have fun dropping into 30 minute matches, win (well, if he were Kurita he'd win, as Davion? Not so much...), and then see that the planet lost 2 more ticks while he was busy fighting......

If we could get the numbers to match the mercs, we would happily fight quality pilots. But the point of CW is to tag planets (something you should learn from your temporary homophobic,misogynistic -MS- overlords), so of course we're going to go where there is NOT a Zerg horde waiting to ghost drop the crap out of planets we want....which right now is clan wooly salmon eater.

#93 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:13 PM

MS already went Marik and took a slew of Davion worlds.

As a side note; none of this is 'zerg horde' quality. We had that in the first month; 100+ people hammering a world. These borders are rarely hitting 60, and generally on both sides.

MS has a huge, huge advantage -

It's a bunch of players who are not terrible at the game who show up, consistently, and drop in matches.

That's it. That's the amazing unbeatable super-power that skews the entire map.

The bigger issue is that there's no benefit at all and in fact significant detriment to NOT changing factions all the time. As a loyalist we're punished by reduced rewards for not doing so. If faction populations were anything like stable then the periodic shift of 100 or even 200 mercenaries wouldn't be a big deal. The issue right now is that most factions run 25-50 'loyalist' players who actually SHOW THE **** UP and play.

Best possible system is one where loyalists get a bunch of rewards and it's loyalist units that hire mercs. The dream-system is one akin to the original Battletech Mercenaries style where you have an in-game contract mechanic that lets you mark bonuses for mercs in contracts. They win X drops, they get Y bonus. Tag X worlds from the following faction, get Y bonus. Never attack X faction, get Y bonus. All these criteria that you can put on a contract to motivate and reward a merc unit to do what the loyalist unit wants them to do.

A ton of ways to fix it, some more complex than others.

Right now? Of course I'm going to give Kurita **** for running away from the Davion border. It's low hanging fruit. I'd be stupid not to do so. Reality is though that the smart tactical choice is putting your resources to work where they're the most effective. If Kurita is certain they just don't have the resources to push MS back then biting the bullet for now may be the best option. Not sure about the MS population across different zones; maybe there are times it's worthwhile and time's it isn't. Otherwise in the long term the best choice is to spend your drops where they benefit your faction the most. A mistake that Davion has made probably has been fighting on the Kurita front, though that's what people wanted. Would probably have seen more traction shifting to Liao; we can knock them back 2 out of 3 CFs with nothing but pugs and a few loyalists. Just a lot of us are still really pissed at Kurita.

Ghost dropping has to happen and will always happen. You need a mechanic to account for the advantage of numbers. If the other team doesn't show up to fight you shouldn't be obligated to wait for them. The bigger issue is that populations of loyalist units in CW are pitiful and almost irrelevant. That is what makes mercs so influential. MS should get paid well and should get respect for the success they create; the problem is that nobody else shows up in enough numbers to stop them.

That's not an MS issue.... at the risk of offending a lot of my fellow players, the issue is that most of the people who play MW:O are mewling pu**ies who would rather spend countless hours losing again and again and again and then quitting after raging about bad game mechanics than spend a handful of hours learning to get good, coordinate, leverage what works and othewise GIT GUD. It's not even more *effort* or *time*. Spending it playing the game either way. It's stepping outside your comfort zone and investing in playing better instead of just playing.

So CW empties because it doesn't hand out medals for participation and make sure that if you play with a joystick in an XL Atlas LRM boat, the other team probably has a few people who'd look at it and say 'Huh, that's an AWESOME setup. Imma try that'. The problem with CW is that mostly, as players, we suck.

#94 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 28 February 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

so you would rather fight on a border where even if you won every game (which isnt going to happen against MS) you will lose a planet every time as opposed to fighting on a border where your wins matter?

i remember you once praised us for making this exact decision and that it showed the tactical ability of the newfound council.

these ****** mechanics need to change or merc groups like MS will have 100000x more power then any house

so DCMS policy is to fight the border that MS ain't rocking... got it....

Samurai e-bushido in action.

#95 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

View Postpwnface, on 27 February 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

Actually, we'd love to do so private matches with MS sometime. Sounds like a blast.

CW is where its at dawg.... stop this 1v1 me brah scrub bs.

#96 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

View PostMycrus, on 28 February 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

so DCMS policy is to fight the border that MS ain't rocking... got it....

Samurai e-bushido in action.

We fought them while they were Marik, duh

View PostMycrus, on 28 February 2015 - 09:26 PM, said:

CW is where its at dawg.... stop this 1v1 me brah scrub bs.

Yes, competitive matches are now played in CW, where sometimes competitive teams lose in 2 minutes to a light rush :rolleyes:

#97 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 February 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

We fought them while they were Marik, duh

Yes, competitive matches are now played in CW, where sometimes competitive teams lose in 2 minutes to a light rush :rolleyes:

Same old revisionist bullcrap... whatever makes you sleep at night, puppy.

#98 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

Yo mycrus 1v1 me bro. Jk my grandma would stomp you in this game.

#99 JohnnyBlue07

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 66 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

If you have 2000+ forum posts and you're in this thread trying to troll us, you're playing CW wrong. First you have to re-install the MWO client, log in, ready up on a planet, then get your teeth kicked in by Night's Scorn for 30 minutes. Hiring Merc hordes to fight your games for you doesn't count. If you get butthurt from this post or reply to it with yet another troll post, joke is on you.

#100 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:18 AM

CW is nowhere near balanced for competitive play. Certain maps obviously favor one side or the other in completing objectives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users