5 replies to this topic

#1 Skygrinder

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

Salutations,

I am Ryker from the LadyBugs, as we call ourselves which was then ported to [Bugs] In game. We are a group of fairly enthusiastic gamers moving into this MWO universe and are looking for some help overcoming the learning curve of this game. As experienced members of other games we understand that there always is a group of people above the rest who are the core community of the game, The individuals who have been playing nearly since launch and are involved enough to be well versed on metas from different periods in time to dramas and every thing in between.

We are looking for some one like this to help us learn the game, To introduce us to the world of Community warfare and remedy our confusions. Some one to help us with help us with mech team composition and current tactics as well as individual builds and even who to look out for and network with. Basically this kind soul would hold our hands and put us on the fast track to being a part of the core community of MWO.

Skygrinder is my account if you wish to add me and Thank you to any one in advance who is able to point us in the right direction.

#2 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:02 AM

ts3server://voip01.n1585.hypernia.net?port=9992&password=mechwarrior&nickname=Outreachuser&addbookmark=NGNGOutreach

This is the TS server that many teams use from No Guts No Galaxy (in the Community tab above.)

ACES, since they have helped us in the past. Even some other teams should help you with the transition from Noob to veteran players. Then the learning curve is almost like a cliff for this game, but even after playing this for years I still think from time to time I have a ways to go to get over that cliff. Then with CW there are alliances of units working together and that is a great addition to the game.

I would invite you to play with the Warpigs, but I need to secure permission first.

Almost forgot, Bugs welcome to the community and hope to see you on the battlefield soon.

#3 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

Welcome to the game!

As Barkem has noted, there are a number of community TSes which are hosted for the general MWO public, and don't forget to stop by the community subreddit:

Over on the subreddit you'll find a number of helpful new player guides that I'd give a look through, and I'm sure you'll catch a few more from those hopping on here to help out.

Oh and uh... You may want to rethink playing for house steiner if you plan to approach CW.

/Just sayin'

#4 Hrunting

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

First, Welcome to the MWO community and second welcome to House Steiner and the Lryan Alliance.

There are tens of competitive teams for MWO and likely hundred's of "seasoned" units most if not all with members who were "founder's" to the game. Both of the previous posters gave good information so i will simply add to it.

Two of the best open TS resources are Comstar for all levels of play and Mercstar for competitive play. For house Steiner there is the Steiner Hub group units and my very own Skye Rangers.

Comstar NA | TS3 | na1.mech-connect.net
MercStar | TS3 | ts.mercenarystar.net | PW metagame

LCAF House Steiner Communications Hub | TS3 | ts1.housesteiner.com
Skye Rangers of Terra - SRoT | TS3 | voice.gameservers.com:9194 | PW cavalry

The community subreddit has all this information and more, including my most cherished resource. Smurfy!

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

But the best advice I can give you is hop on one of the TS's above and introduce yourself. I don't know of a one stop document or a single best unit where you are going to get all the combined knowledge of people who have been playing the game for 3 years, not to say its not out there I just haven't looked for it. But I have found the MWO community by and large helpful and willing to share. Even the competitive community is pretty open and interested in serving the community and game first rather then themselves. Of course all bets are off when your in a drop!

View PostWingbreaker, on 27 February 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

(...)Oh and uh... You may want to rethink playing for house steiner if you plan to approach CW.

/Just sayin'

Coming from a clanner bird, that's rich!

#5 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostHrunting, on 27 February 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Coming from a clanner bird, that's rich!

[CW talk]
No no, I'm rich.

Cbill pinatas.

/that's not really a lot of cbills.
//the rate at which they were gained is pretty silly, though
[/CW talk]

For realsies: I'd also like to highlight these excellent videos by Kanajashi

They will teach you much of the early steps of the game.

#6 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

If you are those [bugs] guys which i recently saw on the server i can only give you that advice: Look at the map frequently! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users