#283 ShootterMcGavin

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSlam Diego, CA

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:10 AM

OHHH Tina, too I forgot. In space, "no one can hear you scream..."

Edited by DasFieldMarshal, 08 March 2015 - 01:15 AM.

#284 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:34 PM

Welcome, Tina. Best of luck in your new position! :)

#285 Asatur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

Where is Tina's photos? B)

#286 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:06 AM

Welcome to the community, Tina! Very glad to have you. I'll try to keep this succinct, but please bear with me if I fail.

To answer your question:
  • My ideal community is something that connects the players socially through dialogue and public events. Right now, I feel there's a solid wall between fan creations / activities and the official PGI events. I think we've only once had an official tournament with teams and several rounds of elimination with matches broadcast online, but that type of event is extremely important to the community, in my eyes.
  • You've already done well with the fan creation competition, and I hope to see more of those in time. Ideally, I'd like to see big competitions that actually make it to the website front page, hopefully getting such high quality submissions that the winning entries may actually be accessible on the website front page to all the players. Some MWO fans have created some wonderful stuff, and it's a shame to hide it deep in the forum.
  • I think the characteristics of the community manager have already been described by others in this thread, but I would like to bring your attention to one very important part of MWO community history.
    Last year, Russ Bullock said that he was willing to discuss the redesign of a key gameplay balance issue (ECM) if the community managed to form a player council with a clear consensus. This was a good start, but it was unfortunately a big failure because the community couldn't organize in time and it just turned into a chaotic mess. If we had an active community manager at that time, perhaps our community manager could have helped the community form a player council by making an official process of electing members to the player council with official polls and so forth. Without any link between PGI and the players, any attempt to form a player council just turns into "Lord of the Flies" and anarchy. In the future, I hope you can help us form a new player council. It will have its flaws, as democracy always does. But I think it would be an important channel, in addition to the existing channels, for PGI to tap into the collective minds of the players.
Here's a couple of questions for you:
  • What can you tell us about your job, so that we have more realistic expectations and know what your responsibilities are? Are you simply PGI's ear to the ground and responsible for organizing the forum? Or will you be responsible for other things, like in-game events or website content?
  • Do you like gundams better than mechs?

#287 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

Simple question:

How do you pronouce your last name? I have seen it pronounced multiple ways, (the french pronunciation being the most common of course) and I want to say it right in my head when Im reading. It is a respect thing.

And unlike a bunch of other folks, I don't think working in a kids game will help you much here. Kids are far more polite and less spoiled than us.

HIGHLY recommend you drill through the last few years of issues. Maybe one of the folks at PGI can walk you through the big ones:

A quick and incomplete list off the top of my head.

Founders program
Closed beta
Engine limits
role based warfare
convergence/ML hunchies and Awesomes
Early beta coming too quick
Not enough mechs
hardpoinbt limits/Dual Gauss Cats
The first (of many) promises for CW
intro of ECM
LRMagedddon
Splat cats
Not enough maps
Goons
UI 1.5
hero mech fears/complaints
income nerfs
living on an island
IGP priorities
UI 2.0
weapon 'normalization', especially pulse lasers
Elo
Smurfy
perceived lying by PGI (not one I agree with but a lot of folks do) due to changing priorities 'it was true at the time'
3PV
ECM
ghost heat
poptart meta
PP/FLD
hit reg issues/HSR
Assault warrior online
spider hitboxes
firestarter hitboxes
JJ buffs. nerfs, and tweaks
Timeline shift
More ECM
Reddit-gate
constant arguments about P2W (both whether a mech is P2W and what constitutes P2W)
general weapon balance pace (many of us think it is far too slow)
clans OP
Clan XL engines
clan lasers
Timberwolf hitboxes
laser vomit
quirks
UI 3.0

(tried to put stuff in some semblance of chronological order, but Im sure I messed some up)

there are probably 50 other historical 'issues' that you will see people refer to directly or indirectly. Knowing the history will help you a LOT. It is a lot to take in of course, but if you have any hope of managing the community relationship in a healthy way I would take the time to dig into them.

#288 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:21 AM

Welcome Tina,

This is a grand move and we are very happy to have you. There is much discussed on this forum, from technical issues, balance issues, grievances and the current 'Buttlord Bane Of The Servers' dilemma.

Having you on board as the Community Manager is a great step forward in my eyes. Best of luck and thank you for taking up the post.

*managed a Buttlord kill from the opposite team, rushed in after I saw the first TK....jerk

#289 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

Hi Tina Benoit (pronounced Ben-Wa right? Like Chris Benoit. Good Canadian wrestler until that ghastly business.)

Anyway, you can call me Mr Dare, Daring or Darling One, it all G. Here to help in anyway, shape or form.

Been with MWO from the start, seen lots of bad times and a few good times. Here is hoping you can help swing that pendulum the other way.

My critique can be blunt, but you will ever only get a very honest point of view from me in regards to MWO.

2 Things to start you off, easy ones really,

The product IP MWO with the tagline "A Battletech Game", simply needs to be readjusted to, MWO : A game based on Battletech.

2nd thing, I need a custom forum badge that says, "The Dare-voted".

No, I will not pay $560 AUD for it attached to a gold mech skin. (That effect can be achieved for 1000 MC with the K'AN skin.)

Type to you soon.

Good Luck

Edited by Dar1ng One, 10 March 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#290 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:40 AM

View PostHeffay, on 27 February 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Posted Image

Although Tina may go this route after a few months on the job.

Posted Image

After all, we all just want to express ourselves..... you do want to express yourself right???

Ha ha.... love that scene.

Welcome Tina,

Good luck with the new role and I wish you the best with it. :D

#291 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

Here is another thing you can do. Communicate if something is a bug or working as intended.

Example:

In CW there are glitches with the algorithim. Everyone knows that. But we, the players, never know if something is a glitch or intentional.

1. We had that in the FRR with Tukayyid (not a glitchas we came to know at last) and we had it again with a couple of planets changing hands without a fight. Like in this thread
http://mwomercs.com/...-gives-to-wolf/

2. Several times some factions were missing attack vectors against certain factions. AFAIK Clan Wolf had a problem with this for a whole week.

3. House Marik had overlapping vectors with House Steiner before.

4. No clarification on Luthien becoming attackable was intentional or not to this day.

So, could you like take the couple of minutes it takes you to ask when something like this happens and communicate it to us? Some people might not be happy about the answer, but having no answer -at all- just fuels wild speculations and resentment. Not to speak about wild conspicary theories, which are rampant.

-----------------------------

I am not telling you how to do your job, but an idea would be to open a sticky thread "Bug or no Bug" in a prominent place like each faction forums or the on the general CW forum. Filterng and kicking everything but questions and answers would help.

#292 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

Welcome

Posted Image

#293 EasyPickings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 192 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

Welcome and we hope to see you in some drops so that you can experience first-hand the adrenaline rush of MWO battles (and get a feel for our issues and concerns).

#294 Santanico Pandamonium

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFt. Hood TX

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

<T>

#295 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 22 March 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

Welcome

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was the last thing I got in that game. :lol:

#296 Flu-Epidemic

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

Bless you Tina!

#297 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

The ideal community manager is Tina! :-)

#298 CCCRazgorne

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

Welcome to team late for that but all the same welcome .If you look at the 27th to the 31fst CW warfare i hope its obious to PGI Clan mechs are completely out classed by the IS in every way ive spen $1000.00 on this game im a clanner and im going to stop playing it if it does not get fixed clan mechs cost twice as much and work half as well quarks should be gone hitboxes for all mechs redun to make it better pgi take a clan light run by 12 is mechs at full speed see how far you get do the same with a spider you can make it past all of them at least once the hit boxes weremade to make the spider last to sell many clan mechs sell to diehard battletech fans but you can pay 3 times as much and die in two seconds
sorry to say but mw4 was a better game more fair to both sides!!!!!!!!!!! pgi needs to listen my clan had 41 members befor the is quarks not about 8-10 might play still

#299 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, parity sucks, huh? Balance whines go Over Here. Also, balance aside, the relative costs of Inner Sphere and Clan 'mechs is a math problem with graphics - and you have the wrong answer. Clan 'mechs cost more out of the box, but Inner Sphere has to upgrade. Go look at the c-bill prices on Smurfy's.

Let's not hijack the welcome thread for complaints, eh?

Edited by Void Angel, 09 April 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#300 Tomo3 14

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 990 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 27 February 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Your feedback/suggestions/wants/dreams/frustrations/happiness is all most important to me as I will be expressing them to the team, therefore I am all ears (or eyes rather) for you!

You know, after a week of awaiting awnser on my messege its sounds really "funny"...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users