Frequently Crashing? Maybe This Will Help

3 replies to this topic

#1 Finkledbody

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

I've been playing this game for 3 months. For the first week of game play I enjoyed this game with few memorable problems. After that I began experiencing a Crash to Desktop at the beginning of every round. Running the game software fixer wouldn't fix the problem. Changing the graphic settings? Nothing. Reducing clock speeds? Nope. Running DX9 or DX11 resulted in similar outcomes.

Specs:
CPU: i7-3770k OC'd @ 4.5ghz
GPU: EVGA 680 Classified 4gb
MOBO: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
RAM: 32gb Patriot Viper @ 2133mhz
STORAGE: x2 Samsung 840 pro 256gb SSD's
STORAGE: 1.5tb 7200RPM HDD

And if you are like me, with an obscene amount of money into your gaming rig, you probably keep up with software updates, driver updates, etc. Well I found something I missed and maybe a few of you have too.

I removed Samsung's Magician software for my SSD's and updated those drivers after a fresh reinstall. Apparently I had a corrupt SSD driver that was causing the issue. I've enjoyed MWO for the last week without crashing once.

Unfreakingbelievable.

Edited by Finkledbody, 27 February 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#2 Drei69

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

Same, only started recently, wanna see what the devs have to say, seems no one else has replied which worries me... worries that no one is looking into this. My understanding that the VOIP issue is doing this.

Game is running from a normal HD and never had this issue before... seems rather weird.

Edited by Drei69, 28 February 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#3 Gerdskies

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

my game crashes constatly when joining a game now. every one or 2 matches I have to re log and re join a game late

#4 InkiePie

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:37 PM

View PostGerdskies, on 28 February 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

my game crashes constatly when joining a game now. every one or 2 matches I have to re log and re join a game late

If it helps, you`re not alone....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users