15 replies to this topic

#1 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:36 AM

Can someone please explain how the first win of the day XP bonus works?

Is it per mech or chassis? When does the day reset, is it in the morning or after your win?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks?

#2 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

The first win of the day is for each variant of a mech you own. So if you own 10 mechs each of those mechs get a first win of the day bonus.

I think they reset every 24 hours but I have no clue. There have been times where I battled in the same mech twice in a row and got it so yeah. Maybe someone else can explain that one.

#3 RedEagle86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

The amount of XP you get (as a subtotal) is doubled for that 'Mech when you win. IIRC it all goes towards 'Mech XP.

It's per variant - I know as I have 3 DDC's, but only get 1 double XP win.

As far as knowing more, I'm not sure how it affects your GXP gain.

Not sure when it resets, quite possibly at 0:00:00 Game Time (UTC) or PGI time (PST).

http://mwomercs.com/clock

*changed 'chassis' to 'variant'. Thanks CaptainJZ.*

Edited by RedEagle86, 01 March 2015 - 09:22 AM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

Yes Luigi, they reset every 24 hours. It's actually at a specific time at night (so there is no 24 hour cooldown, just the designated time that the 'next day' begins).

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM

View PostRedEagle86, on 28 February 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

The amount of XP you get (as a subtotal) is doubled for that 'Mech when you win. IIRC it all goes towards 'Mech XP.

It's per chassis - I know as I have 3 DDC's, but only get 1 double XP win.

As far as knowing more, I'm not sure how it affects your GXP gain.

Not sure when it resets, quite possibly at 0:00:00 Game Time (UTC) or PGI time (PST).

Yes, mech XP but GXP should be affected too since GXP is supposed to be a flat % of whatever xp you earn. (5% maybe?)
You mean it's per variant. I know for a fact it's not per chassis.
It's not 00:00 Pacific (PGI time). More like 6/7 PM Pacific. Not sure exactly. It very well might be 00:00 UTC.

#6 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:34 PM

Yap, it is 00:00 UTC, per variant. Great way to level up Your mechs.

#7 RedEagle86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

You mean it's per variant. I know for a fact it's not per chassis.

Edited. Thanks.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

View PostExoForce, on 28 February 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

Yap, it is 00:00 UTC, per variant. Great way to level up Your mechs.

For those who want to know when that is.

#9 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

LOL. I had a snarky remark about the need to make that site... but then I added it to my favs. Gah.

#10 Avram76

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

Do we still get this bonus even if we are dead but our team wins?

#11 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

The reset time is wonky... I have played matches.. got my first win, then a few hours get a first win of the day. my second "first win of the day" has come at so many odd hours there is zero pattern that i can discern. To me it's like a random first win of the day bug.. but it's extra XP, so works for me.. and rare enough if it is a bug, it's probably not worth tracking down, as i can find no way to repeat it.

View PostKoniving, on 28 February 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Yes Luigi, they reset every 24 hours. It's actually at a specific time at night (so there is no 24 hour cooldown, just the designated time that the 'next day' begins).

maybe this is it.. But i swear it resets on occasion not at night.. mid afternoon, evening, late night.. next time it happens i'll have to take some screenies and note the time.

Edited by JC Daxion, 17 January 2016 - 09:59 PM.

#12 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

View PostAvram76, on 17 January 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

Do we still get this bonus even if we are dead but our team wins?

YES.

Further, you get this bonus on THE FIRST victory in that variant, whether it was a splendid performance or a faceplant. Say you pulled a bad idea out of the bag, ran hair-on-fire-screaming into the midst of the enemy, and were mowed down with only 36 damage and a single kill assist to show for your effort. Even in a win, that's going to be a WEAK XP payout. WEAK times two usually still equals WEAK. Sorry. Try again with another mech, and we'll see you after the clock strikes midnight.

Something like that. SO, all the more reason to take each match seriously, right? Some players, while grinding a new chassis (say, like will start happening Tuesday when the Warhammer releases) will play each variant just until they get that bonus, then move on to the next, and so on, until every mech they're grinding has gotten the FVoD XP bonus. I recommend this.

Also, before anyone asks, yes it DOES stack with Premium Time and other mech-specific bonuses. I've seen people pull over 5,000 XP in a single match, via a combination of FVoD and PT and mech bonus. May have done it myself a time or two.

#13 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:39 AM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 17 January 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

YES.

Further, you get this bonus on THE FIRST victory in that variant, whether it was a splendid performance or a faceplant. Say you pulled a bad idea out of the bag, ran hair-on-fire-screaming into the midst of the enemy, and were mowed down with only 36 damage and a single kill assist to show for your effort. Even in a win, that's going to be a WEAK XP payout. WEAK times two usually still equals WEAK. Sorry. Try again with another mech, and we'll see you after the clock strikes midnight.

Something like that. SO, all the more reason to take each match seriously, right? Some players, while grinding a new chassis (say, like will start happening Tuesday when the Warhammer releases) will play each variant just until they get that bonus, then move on to the next, and so on, until every mech they're grinding has gotten the FVoD XP bonus. I recommend this.

Also, before anyone asks, yes it DOES stack with Premium Time and other mech-specific bonuses. I've seen people pull over 5,000 XP in a single match, via a combination of FVoD and PT and mech bonus. May have done it myself a time or two.

I have done over 6,000xp in a match many times, usualy with premium time but in a Mech without XP bonuses, my playstyle tends to reward more with XP than cbills or points unfortunately, a good UAV can bring in 1,500 XP so that would be 3,000 on the first victory of the day

#14 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:51 PM

Haven't been doing much UAV deployment since shelving the lights. Might have to pull those out for a while, at least when/while grinding. Thanks!

#15 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:49 PM

So, just to be sure. Does this still go each day with each Mech you have?

If so, I'm losing a crap load each day....

#16 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

Yes. Each and every day, each mech you have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users