#1 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

So, new to actually getting to play MWO, apologies if this is pretty standard or easily fixed & I'm just being useless...

Loving MWO, really enjoying it, particularly when you end up with a decent team & everything just clicks, got a long way to go but that's the way of things.

However. Several times I've tried CW now & it's looking like in 90% of attempts (or more), I get stuck on loading. Everything looks like it's still going through the motions, but one time my monitor timed out, that happens on 15 minutes of inactivity. After that I figured maybe I was being too patient.

So, I end up having to restart MWO &, as I hate feeling like I've left folks in the lurch, I try & get back into that game as quickly as I can.

But it's not ideal really, I feel like I'm letting people down (more than my general level of inexperience would anyway). Is there something I can do about this? If not, is this a common issue or something to report to PGI via the Support email address? I'm loathe to make a third ticket (though they were super quick with the first, don't want to be spamming them!).

One other thing, I can play during the day (GMT) no issues at all, more or less a constant stream of solid ping, enjoyable Mech fun. Come evening (when the US starts waking up perhaps? Or a more local thing? I don't know), I go about 50/50 between solid sub 200 pings & 500+ pings. The latter being unplayable & again, here comes Zimm, yet another burden.

Dunno. If this is the right place to post this for PGI's attention & it's not something widely reported/in the pipes, then great, otherwise, apologies for wasting people's time, but if you've got a clue for what to do, I'd be grateful :)

Thanks!

#2 Alakan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

Hey there. I have similar issues that I am working through with tech support. Can you give me a specific time in the evening when the slowdown tends to happen?

My game is fine until the login and performance issues happen at exactly 5:00 PM EST on weekdays. (please convert your time to EST before posting it).

#3 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hey. Thanks for the reply, interesting we're having a similar sort of problem on the ping side of things, I'd say that all goes to hell for me at about 5pm GMT so 12 noon for you, but that so far has been irrespective of activity during the rest of the day, ie; it kicks off whether I've played earlier in the day or not.

Are you also getting the CW Map Load issue?

#4 Alakan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

On my end, CW itself is the issue. It stops me from signing in after 5:00 PM EST. You should open a support ticket and see if they can diagnose it if is CW or something else that is causing your problem.

You should do some more testing though. Try to play around the time you notice the drop in performance, and mark it down. Then do it again the next day. If it ends up being exactly the same time every day, it becomes a replicable bug that will be easier for support to find in your omicron.log file.

#5 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

Alrighty, sound advice, will try & brave it & see if there is a proper pattern. Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users