#21 ShadowedR

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:08 AM

View PostSandersson Jankins, on 01 March 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

...I don't even want to think about 4 leeroys on a team. That's 7k x 4 missles. 28,000 missiles.

And the sky wept tears of fire.

We're a bunch of over proud idiots who prefer mechs and loudouts based on years of Table Top and MW2 (possibly 4).
:P

We've always had a light in the drop for maneuvers and recently stacked the other 3 with the best tier mechs we own currently.
Gotta grind them C-Bills for new mechs and all.

Big shout out to the guys that stepped up with their opinions and advice.

Posted Image

We'll definitely give everything a bash as far as possible. Unfortunately, we're not a full 12 man at the moment, so PUG will be PUG. At least taking over command seems to get the coordination of most people as long as your are polite and sound like you've got a plan.

#22 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:14 AM

View PostShadowedR, on 01 March 2015 - 01:08 AM, said:

And the sky wept tears of fire.

We're a bunch of over proud idiots who prefer mechs and loudouts based on years of Table Top and MW2 (possibly 4).
:P

We've always had a light in the drop for maneuvers and recently stacked the other 3 with the best tier mechs we own currently.
Gotta grind them C-Bills for new mechs and all.

Big shout out to the guys that stepped up with their opinions and advice.

Posted Image

We'll definitely give everything a bash as far as possible. Unfortunately, we're not a full 12 man at the moment, so PUG will be PUG. At least taking over command seems to get the coordination of most people as long as your are polite and sound like you've got a plan.

Yeah, my group of folks is basically a bunch of friends I've known online for years that have very small amounts of knowledge, or even interest in BT. They're just in it to play shooty robots with friends and win, mostly.

I'm the BT lore turbonerd and long-time mechwarrior that has shoehorned new blood into the game. I feel you on using mechs that you love from previous iterations of BT and from tabletop. I don't think my Orion is all that great in the meta, but I still get a raging hard-on from using it because of MW3 Pirate's Moon.

God, that game's such a ***** to run on modern systems.

Oh, and holler at me to piss off if I'm just ******** out walls of text to anyone's dismay. The third shift is conducive to extreme amounts of spergish theorycrafting on my part.

If you've got 4 good light mech pilots with properly set up mechs, with two of them on ECM, you could have an effective "*********** lance", I think. You'd need all 8 of the remaining mechs to be heavy/assault with a large amount of armour. Everyone moves as a deathball, but instead of breaking to a position to defend, the lights break through the weakest point and proceed to act like massive *****, drawing fire from the friendly force.

I'm not really advocating a WIDE flank or anything, but a bit of separation is ok. You'd REALLY need some good ECM as well as handy piloting on those lights, though. Good thing is, besides the ECM mechs, you can use your "trashcan mech" in the small force. Hell, a trial firestarter can be a real annoyance. 2 ECM with 1 of them preferably having NARC (that was one thing you guys did do quite well, your NARC cadre was great.) and 2 lights with as much firepower and armour as can come on them.

..this forum isn't so great for colourful language. Shame. I think it gets the point across better!

Edited by Sandersson Jankins, 01 March 2015 - 01:39 AM.

#23 ShadowedR

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:51 AM

We've got lights down. Raven, Jenner, Spider.
No I won't go firestarter because its meta. I love my Jenner and I've had it since day one of MWO.

Anyway, back to the topic. our main strat has been along those lines on the other maps and it worked reasonably well.
Boreal's gates are too close to one another for a sweep from the side.

#24 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

Hmm. Does there exist handy overhead/satellite views of the CW maps? In other tacticool games, it was often useful to draw on one of those for basic or advanced plans.

Plus, it makes me feel like a super cool coach of a struggling sports team.

#25 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:30 AM

View PostSandersson Jankins, on 01 March 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Hmm. Does there exist handy overhead/satellite views of the CW maps? In other tacticool games, it was often useful to draw on one of those for basic or advanced plans.

Plus, it makes me feel like a super cool coach of a struggling sports team.

Smurfy has you covered.

#26 Onigami

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:51 AM

Sandersson, you are always welcome to group up when we are online. It has been a blast to pilot with you, even though we had some issues with clan tech tearing us a new one. The unit has stated they would like to play with you and Leeroy more often. My experience yesterday taught me lights can be invaluable. I have provided ECM cover to the mechs marching into the trenches, zipped past and fetched more supportIng fire. Afterward I went behind enemy lines and in my blanket of misile invisibility I provided dedicated locks on the enemy snipers and in the process legged 2 timberwolves before a SC HB combo came to swat me.

Edited by Onigami, 01 March 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#27 EldenLance

• PipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:37 AM

Sandersson Jankins, ShadowedR, add me ingame if you need another small group to drop with. We're another unit of friends and it would be great to run with you. Even if some of us don't speak english quite well, most are able to understand "combat comms". :)

#28 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

Onigami, and other FRR, you guys fight smart and well. Great honor fighting with you brave brothers.
Do invite me if you ever need another drunken Viking to go postal on clanscum.
Always up for a CW match.
Sandersson brother in arms is always max beastmode nowadays with his latest builds and tactics.

There may be a new strategy to win counterattack on Boreal. Its not a surefire method but has worked a few times already. Ask Sandersson or me if you see us in game.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 10 March 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#29 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

View PostFurball42, on 01 March 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

28 000

That's over 9000! :)

I repent of my ebil LRM wayz. Back to my TDR metamechs.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 10 March 2015 - 01:21 AM.

#30 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

If you have a good, coordinated team, you push left side into the trench as a group (not a congaline!). Hold in E6, then move slowly to E7 and wear them down. Fall back to E6 when you need reinforcements.

If you dont have a big team, try pushing the right side. More immediate cover that lets you trade blows at reasonable range with the clans.

If both of these fail and your team is down 12+ mechs, try holding the mountainpass outside and force them to come to you. I know this feels pretty lame, but it is the only way you can hurt a better team and slow down losing planets.

#31 Dungeon Keeper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:20 AM

Easy way to win:
Posted Image

1. Go in from both gates at the same time, stay in green circles. Clear the entry area from enemies.
2. Move to blue circles. Kill everyone you can see.
3. Go to red circles and farm drop area.

Never go to left after you entered, thats a common and very stupid mistake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users