Extension Of Clan Wave 3 Early Adopter Deadline!

138 replies to this topic

#121 tripsangel

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA, WA

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

i wonder if they are going to do the mad dog thing with wave III, if you bought wave II and wave III or clans and wave III get this extra mech....
course if they did that with the mad dog i would be happy myself...XD

#122 mechbane

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostTheMadTypist, on 02 March 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

As somebody who bought before the 28th, pushing it back was still the right decision. There's early adoption, and there's buying a box of silhouettes.

I don't feel anything needs to be done for those who bought earlier. Yes, I bought when I did because I thought it was my only shot, but I'm still getting exactly what I paid for, and people who want to see the concept art first are still pretty early.

If people insist on asking for things, how about something quick like a title? "First Responder" or something like that. That should be pretty quick without adding any significant bonus after the fact to upset the people who waited.

I like this idea, the title "Die Hard" as in die hard fan would be nice

#123 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:12 AM

View Postmechbane, on 03 March 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

I like this idea, the title "Die Hard" as in die hard fan would be nice

I'd rather get All camo patterns unlocked, or a set of 3 mechs of choice, or a hamster named boo I could send to run up another mech, jump in the cockpit and blind them.

#124 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:13 AM

Totally not surprised to see this extended it was given way too short of a window so that it only really promoted impulse buying and shoving away everyone else that could get it at a later date

#125 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for the extension. Now I can think about if its worth to get the first fast Clan-Light !

#126 Magitek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:51 PM

I like the idea of a early, early adopter. I little something for us would be great.

#127 Phashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBuckeye stuck in Michigan

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

How about a "Pat on the back" for having both an uncontrollable impulse to spend on something we will not see for 3 months, and disposable cash to do so? B)

(just trolling for the QQ a little bit. sorry.)

#128 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

My $0.02 for the early, early adopters and the clan pack issues:

The pre-Feb 28th crowd gets choice of 1 of the following per pack level bought by the original date

Weapon/mech module
7 day Premium time (banked)
Cockpit item
Color unlock

As for the wave 2 crowd, they're getting kinda screwed by repeat faction content. I didn't buy wave 2 so I have no dog in this fight, but how hard would it be to change the coffee mugs to beer steins, and go with a slightly different color shade for each factions colors? Would that create too much of an outcry? What about making a Wolf Prime and Wolf (Falcon, bear, etc) Variant selection so people don't scream about coffee cups changing to beer steins?

#129 Zechs Deluca

• Pip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:58 PM

I find this whole conversation petty. All those who complained about buying it early I feel you, happy that you have some sort of income to move around to afford it (or skimp somewhere else) to get it before the 28th. However, people who are retired workers, service people, or disabled people on a fixed income at the end of the month they do not have no money. Even the USA was strangled by it, majority of the people get their money on the 3rd of the month. PGI should have thought about it before doing the flash sale. Perhaps they change it those who brought before the 28th gets a Maddog special varient?

Edited by Zechs Deluca, 03 March 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#130 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

And here I thought the separation from the old publisher would help you guys. Instead we get the same old cash grabs.

#131 Zechs Deluca

• Pip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

Considering how the Urbanmech and Resistance packs are not even released/fully released.....definitely feels like a grab bag to me.

#132 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:15 PM

Well since I've been back October of last year after being away since closed beta, this is the pattern I've been seeing.

Every month, there's a push for the staunch supporters to purchase $100 of anything, such as MC on sale, MC with bonus sale.
There's also a new release or partial release of a new mech package designed to grab additional money.

Then they offer challenges but the mech prize is geared toward free to play people. I personally have all the mechs they have offered in the challenges so I use it as a 1-2 Mil C-Bill prize along with a free mech bay which has considerably less value to me than a free to play player who gets a new mech bay with a MC mech.

Then if they don't get the expected revenue, they extend sales, come up with another sale or add bonus items to the current offering to make their needed projected revenue.

So not sure why these threads keep coming up about, oh I had to skip paying bills because I couldn't afford the $40-$120 so I deserve another digital cookie for my sacrifice. That digital cookie will offset the late fees and/or interest charges that I am now going to incur and perhaps even a credit report hit because I chose to be financially irresponsible.

It's a weird dynamic that PGI has where they've packaged in enough early adopters programs where people spending some money expect a lot of bonuses to be added in. They need to rethink their pricing models and bonuses where their revenue base becomes more steady so that they don't have to have all of these "sales" to make their target goals.

#133 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

Has there been a new official statement regarding this? Do we know what this token of recognition will be or when are they going to announce it?

#134 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

Those of us who payed before the first deadline, should get something extra. Kinda sux when u do whatever it is in you power to buy one of this, just to find out, that you could have waited for the extra money and pay it 17 days later without a problem....

Not cool. I want a urban mech for free, you know coz I did pay before the real deadline....

#135 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

Ahahaha, sure here you go new forum badge for those that pre-ordered before the....late pre...order.....Posted Image

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 09 March 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#136 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostOdanan, on 01 March 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

I already got my Gladiator Package but thanks. You might get some sells because of that (specially after showing the other 2 concept arts).

PS: this is still the greatest deal in MWO packs. If you want to buy something in MWO, consider buying any tier of the Wave III. It's the best selection of Clan mechs yet.

And so far, the art looks gorgeous.

Yeah this makes Wave II look like a giant lump of coal in comparison.

#137 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

I think it would be cool if they gave the Polygon Camo with wave 3 for the original early adopters.

#138 Amer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:00 PM

I guess Russ will give us something (announced at least) on March 17.

#139 Zechs Deluca

• Pip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

For those who have not read yet, it is polygon camo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users