316 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

Yesterday saw the last week matches of 4th MRBC season being played.

I, as a competitive player who took part in it, would like to very much thank PGI for screwing us over yet again with great ping fluctuations of ~200ms, complete lack of any hit reg whatsoever and countless client crashes.

Player organized leagues are one of the very few meaningful things that actually happens in the game, and I assure you that we really appreciate how you constantly ignore our pleas and suggestions and how you show absolutely zero support to our efforts over the past three years.

I'll ask you my dear friends ... what is the point of pushing out Community Warfare, what is the point of new mechs and maps, what is the point of meaningless events if your weapons don't do jack even when you shoot with perfect aim?

What good is there about supposedly having highest ever player population if servers are failing under the load and simply can not provide quality gameplay for everyone?

What is the point of working on map design and mech geometry when the HSR code that is responsible for you being able to shoot stuff in a shooter game simply does not work.

What is the point of having events every weekend that ruin hit reg and make people kill steal and go full ret@rd mode only to make at least somebody actually play?

Not even going to mention the new players experience.

How can you even think about going to Steam with this bunch of crap game that you have is honestly beyond me ...

I don't expect any response from anyone in PGI (as if you ever respond), just like I don't expect any response to a support ticket I filed a week or so ago.

I just want people to hear that there is something more to the game that banal grind of whatever and that we need people to support it for it to stay alive and grow stronger like it did for the past couple of years. Then maybe one day, when we are big enough, they will have to talk to us.

#2 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

You're not very up to date. Last week had a big Internet miff between China and US. MWO took the fallout.

It's even up there on the top of this forum:

http://mwomercs.com/...s-sit-in-tight/

#3 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:38 AM

View PostLynx7725, on 02 March 2015 - 02:34 AM, said:

You're not very up to date. Last week had a big Internet miff between China and US. MWO took the fallout.

Yep. DDOS went on for quite a while. My ping and hitreg was off for days.

I know it's fashionable to blame PGI for everything, but sometimes there really are extenuating circumstances.

#4 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:40 AM

View PostLynx7725, on 02 March 2015 - 02:34 AM, said:

Irrelevant. For the entire week since the issue night NA time hit reg is almost fine, day and evening NA time it is simply not there. We got used to that, but yesterday it went haywire on an unprecedented extent all of a sudden in the middle of our matches.

Regardless, it was same before the DDOS/fibrecuts issues and said issues have nothing or very little to do with hir reg problems we are having in this game for 3 years.

#5 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:42 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 02 March 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

I just want people to hear that there is something more to the game that banal grind of whatever and that we need people to support it for it to stay alive and grow stronger like it did for the past couple of years. Then maybe one day, when we are big enough, they will have to talk to us.

Who is "us" in that matter?

#6 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:42 AM

View PostSoy, on 02 March 2015 - 02:39 AM, said:

Player organized leagues are jokes man.

It's a nice break from the nonstop grind mwo is otherwise.

#7 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:44 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 02 March 2015 - 02:42 AM, said:

Who is "us" in that matter?

People who put their efforts into creating something meanigful in the sea of meaningless grind this game is for all the time it exsists.

#8 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:46 AM

Your projecting meaning into it, seeing as it's third party it's basically bullshit.

But I know what you mean man if playing the game super cereal is all you have to get your rocks off in MWO, well, good luck but complaining about lag and whatnot seems pretty random.

I've not had any hit reg problems past week, my aim's not perfect but lag and ping seem pretty much par for the course as far as I can tell.

#9 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:49 AM

My hitreg is OK, for the most part, and I live with 250ish ping. Sometimes HSR struggles with lights, but the game is lightyears beyond what it was before HSR.

You seem quite angry. Maybe you need a break.

#10 N Y G E N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

Hitreg and Ping were ridiculous yesterday. If you watch some of the footage provided at the mrbcleague.com, you often can see lags and warps. It was not only yesterday a problem, but yesterday it was dreadful.

#11 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:26 AM

I, as a competitive player who took part in it, would like to very much thank PGI for screwing us over yet again with great ping fluctuations of ~200ms, complete lack of any hit reg whatsoever and countless client crashes.

Player organized leagues are one of the very few meaningful things that actually happens in the game, and I assure you that we really appreciate how you constantly ignore our pleas and suggestions and how you show absolutely zero support to our efforts over the past three years.

I'll ask you my dear friends ... what is the point of pushing out Community Warfare, what is the point of new mechs and maps, what is the point of meaningless events if your weapons don't do jack even when you shoot with perfect aim?

What good is there about supposedly having highest ever player population if servers are failing under the load and simply can not provide quality gameplay for everyone?

What is the point of working on map design and mech geometry when the HSR code that is responsible for you being able to shoot stuff in a shooter game simply does not work.

What is the point of having events every weekend that ruin hit reg and make people kill steal and go full ret@rd mode only to make at least somebody actually play?

How can you even think about going to Steam with this bunch of crap game that you have is honestly beyond me ...

I don't expect any response from anyone in PGI (as if you ever respond), just like I don't expect any response to a support ticket I filed a week or so ago.

simply cause the servers cannot hold the player increase..and as a result on weekends ping starts to go up

secondly..player run leagues dont bring them money thats why they focus more on pushing out mech packs then working of adding more and more maps at a faster rate of improving the current state of things

#12 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:48 AM

I was in this Match and it was horrible. Warps, Lags and Alphas going nowhere...
Its not the first time it happens.

secondly..player run leagues dont bring them money thats why they focus more on pushing out mech packs then working of adding more and more maps at a faster rate of improving the current state of things

But the competitive Player pay money. We need Premium, we spend MC for GXP and Mechs and we buy Packs to be Competitive.

Edited by HiasRGB, 02 March 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#13 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

Your stance as a competative player and how important your non event leagues are are a joke,

View PostHiasRGB, on 02 March 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

I was in this Match and it was horrible. Warps, Lags and Alphas going nowhere...
Its not the first time it happens.

But the competitive Player pay money. We need Premium, we spend MC for GXP and Mechs and we buy Packs to be Competitive.

And the casual player spends just as much or more, as i'm sure they draw data as to where the paying playing player base is.

your problem is your delsuional as to how important u think u are, when your such a small % you mean nothing

#14 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:56 AM

Eh...this week I've noticed some weirdness with some of my laser builds...like HEAVY mechs (not lights) taking zero damage on the paperdoll from a close-range full Thunderwub alpha. 2-3 times in a row. :/

Edited by Ghost Badger, 02 March 2015 - 06:56 AM.

#15 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 02 March 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

People who put their efforts into creating something meanigful in the sea of meaningless grind this game is for all the time it exsists.

Good. If you want to contribute creating something meaningful, you can also help us in CW :D

#16 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:03 AM

I did watch 2 gauss and 2 ppc shots go straight through a stormcrow last night from decently close range (~200m). I also watched a light rush be more effective than it should have been (seriously, couldn't blow one unmoving leg off a firestarter with 4erml and 2erll). Sometimes it isn't PGI's fault, but I'm pretty sure these two incidents were at least mostly PGI's fault. There is no indication that the cable and DDOS issues have carried over for days, and my ping is pretty normal (for me, about 35).

I'm not really a competitive player, but knowing how bad hitreg is does make me not want to play. They *really* need to get it improved along with the horrible fps issues the game has.

#17 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:03 AM

OP player run leagues are a illusion in MWO mostly because we don't have the same drop system MechWarrior2-Mechwarrior4 had or a new MSN GAMMING ZONE to play recruit and have fun on.I look back on all the great leagues and I truly hate the DEVS and PGI STAFF for what they have done to the MechWarrior IP.

CBT-3025-BTU-MWA-BZ-VL-CBT-NBT so many more leagues I forgot them all.
Posted Image

Edited by PappySmurf, 02 March 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#18 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

when and if this game hits steam,i would be shocked if for every hundred that register, you get someone who would stick around for 50 matches. This minimally viable product is offensive to a large chunk of the community that LOVES battletech. why would a noob stick with this tripe?

#19 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:15 AM

I didn't notice any changes in HSR and hitreg, my weapons were hitting just fine all weekend long when I played, which I admit wasn't much but it was during NA Prime Time all weekend long.

Did you stop to consider that maybe the issue is the players you are dropping? Are the majority of them European and Pan-Oceanic based players? Just asking because I've seen people in drops who complain about the lag and warping issues when no one else in the drop is having the, and every time, the person complaining is across an ocean from the servers.

As to the lack of support from PGI for your league..uhm..what exactly did you expect? In my experience, MMO game makers don't usually support private leagues much, if at all, it's not in their best interests after all. Your entire league is less than a single percentage point of the user base, there's literally zero reason for PGI to cater to you at all. No offense, but the facts are the facts.

#20 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:20 AM

PGI's servers get stretched to their max every time they fill the servers by running an event. They're going to have to upgrade this part of their operation significantly if they want to succeed with Steam players.

Which probably means they'll need more money...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users