7 replies to this topic

#1 EXO-Scorpion

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

I SUGGEST these Changes!

- Allow 8 Inner Sphere Medium Lasers to fire without triggering ghost heat! (up from 6 at a time)
*8 MLs fired 32 heat, 40 dmg

Change to Clan ER-Medium Lasers:
- keep 6 CERMLs without ghost heat as current
- REDUCE the BEAM DURATION from 1.15 to 1.0
- INCREASE the CERMLs range back to 450m (up from 405m)
- INCREASE the RECYCLE TIME by .5 sec
*6 CERMLs fired 30 heat, 42 dmg

I would welcome these changes, as I play both Inner Sphere & Clan and IMHO these changes would bring about a closer BALANCE between IS vs Clan Medium Lasers at least!

Thoughts?

Edited by ExoScorpion650R, 02 March 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#2 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

Maybe PGI could try this as they've done with the IS Large Lasers and all of the AC2s? I'd be willing to sit through a few days of medium lasers in the name of experimentation.

#3 EXO-Scorpion

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

I know folks like to COMPARE Inner sphere Large lasers to Clan ER-Medium Lasers, but come on, Enuff with your "Min/Max" stat crap!

Inner sphere gets their own ER-Medium Laser in the year 3058.
5 heat
5 dmg
Range 360m

In the meantime, let Clans have their ER-Medium lasers at battletech stats!
5 heat
7 dmg
Range 450m

Lets also Increase the CERML recycle time by half a sec? .5
think about it where RECYCLE time scenerio then will favor Inner sphere:

Clan Nova (12 CERMLs) fighting a Hunchback 4P (9 MLs)
- Both mechs are fighting circle of death, then both pilots line up a well placed CT shot AT THE SAME TIME!
Nova fires 6 CERMLs, then staggers and fires the other arms 6 CERMLs. Coring the HB-4P to almost death!
Hunchback fires all 9 MLs, coring the Nova to almost death!

Both mechs say are in 90-95% Heat, but then the HB-4P is able to fire his MLs again and finishes off the Nova!

Now if only the Nova pilot would try to STAY at RANGE, to take advantage of his better ranged Medium Lasers, he couldve picked apart the HB-4P before it wouldve gotten into its optimal range!!!

#4 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

I would say no for the following reasons:

How many IS Mechs can carry 8+ Medium Lasers (8+ Energy Hardpoints)? Answer: Few
How many Clan Mechs can carry Medium Lasers (with newly improved range)? Answer: All?

I think this ends up being an imbalanced buff. The IS buff affects a handful of Mechs, while the Clan buff would affect nearly every (if not flat out every) Clan Mech.

#5 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 02 March 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

I would say no for the following reasons:

How many IS Mechs can carry 8+ Medium Lasers (8+ Energy Hardpoints)? Answer: Few
How many Clan Mechs can carry Medium Lasers (with newly improved range)? Answer: All?

I think this ends up being an imbalanced buff. The IS buff affects a handful of Mechs, while the Clan buff would affect nearly every (if not flat out every) Clan Mech.

Is that really such a bad thing, considering how lasers are practically the only weapons Clans can use effectively? If the Clan standard weapon doesn't work right, then how can other Clan weapons be expected to work correctly?

#6 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:02 PM

@Draykin
heaven forbid that Clan's get their true stats for their weapons back because that would give them back their edge that they should have had in the first place.

after all its not like the unwarranted quirks the IS mechs have more than make up for the Clan's tech in the game.

#7 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostVinJade, on 02 March 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

@Draykin
heaven forbid that Clan's get their true stats for their weapons back because that would give them back their edge that they should have had in the first place.

after all its not like the unwarranted quirks the IS mechs have more than make up for the Clan's tech in the game.

I'm not saying that Clans need their canon stats. That would make them overpowered, and thus they would always have the advantage. What I'm saying is that Clan weapons do need to work properly, though. The way I see it, the C-ERML is in a position that some weapons, such as the IS PPC was before quirks came around. It was an awkward weapon to use, and as such, people didn't like to use it. Now, the Clan ER Med is literally their basic laser weapon, and all other laser weapons seem to be based on them, speaking in terms of stats. Because of it, this can potentially throw the other laser weapons out of wack, in terms of damage, heat, cooldown, or burn duration.

In addition, this thread isn't even about damage. It's about a few changes to both IS and Clan medium lasers. What I was pointing out was simply that many Clan 'Mechs use large amounts of ERML. Why? Because they're filling out tonnage and hardpoints, and other lasers are too hot and heavy, while smaller lasers have range that is too small. Many Clan 'Mechs use primarily ERML, and as such, I would like to see a bit of tweaking to see what that changes.

#8 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

@Draykin
that wasn't meant as a jab towards you or the clan players but towards those that hate/dislike the fact that the clans are better.

to be honest the ER Lasers should have kept their range & damage as they are highly advanced in everything seeing as they didn't decrease in tech level unlike the IS over the SWs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users