5 replies to this topic

#1 Icy Manipulator

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:46 AM

I´m a new player and I love MWO. I´ve already sunk money into it and I want to buy more more more! However I really wish I could just do a simple thing like change my name. This feature should be implemented as a pay to change option or something! When i created my account I had no idea this name would be visible to everyone as I thought it would just be my account name.

In short I´d really like a name change and I´m willing to pay!

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:54 AM

You can contact support for a name change. It's not the same as a pay-functionality but it will work if you have a valid reason. It looks to me, like do.

Edit: Self-liking posts makes you look silly! Some will dismiss your posts just because of that (which makes them silly). It will be mentioned as "reason" and disturb some otherwise valid and serious topics. Please try to avoid doing that in the future.

Edited by Egomane, 03 March 2015 - 02:56 AM.

#3 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:11 AM

View PostEgomane, on 03 March 2015 - 02:54 AM, said:

You can contact support for a name change. It's not the same as a pay-functionality but it will work if you have a valid reason. It looks to me, like do.

Although that might work I would like to add that an ingame function actually does make sense since MWO does support VoIP now - many players have chosen nicknames which are hard, insulting or even impossible to speak out loud. When there was no VoIP this wasn't a real problem, it also isn't for groups who know each other - but it might be a problem in a pug match (for those who actually want to use VoIP).

#4 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:16 AM

View PostMilesTeg1982, on 03 March 2015 - 04:11 AM, said:

Although that might work I would like to add that an ingame function actually does make sense since MWO does support VoIP now - many players have chosen nicknames which are hard, insulting or even impossible to speak out loud. When there was no VoIP this wasn't a real problem, it also isn't for groups who know each other - but it might be a problem in a pug match (for those who actually want to use VoIP).

This will work and will take about an hour or two from sending a mail to having the name changed. (on a regular week day)
Due to the problems you listed you have to actually send an email to support and give a valid reason for your namechange, not just click a button. If you have an insulting name or whatever, support will be eager to know why "SuckMyDickTwatWaffle1337" wants to be called "Another Grayson Death" :P

Edited by Apocryph0n, 03 March 2015 - 04:19 AM.

#5 Icy Manipulator

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

I´ll try contacting support then guess it is time to begin looking for their email address haha. Anyway I´d like the feature available and I know I´m not alone.

Thanks for the responses guys.

#6 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:01 AM

support@mwomercs.com

:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users