181 replies to this topic

#1 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 609 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

So really how is this fun? All I seem to do is lose lose lose. Not too much fun and never mind every other mech seems to have ECM for the Clanners.

#2 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostSolCrusher, on 03 March 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

So really how is this fun? All I seem to do is lose lose lose. Not too much fun and never mind every other mech seems to have ECM for the Clanners.

The mass # of ECM is a response to Inner Sphere ECM-heavy light zerg rushes... Y'know, a couple strong hits to the left torso of the "apparently feared" Hellbringer will take that ECM offline.

You guys have ECM Atlases.

Zero sympathy.

#3 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:20 PM

Really? The IS has enjoyed ECM Superiority since closed beta and now the Clans get one heavy mech with it and now we have god mode? Really? And "never mind every other mech seems to have ECM for the Clans" Really? let's list them,

Kit fox, Mist linx, Hellbringer WOW! holly crap that's a lot of Clan mechs with ECM your totally right PGI should remove ECM from all Clan mechs. Why were at it how about those Clan XL engines? Ya, those are completely unfair lets take those away too that should really level the playing field right? But why stop there, how about if you drop in any match with a Clan mech you have to start out already legged? F'n sweet! Playing field leveled!

#4 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

Are you bringing primarily LRM mechs? Ecm doesn't affect much otherwise.
Try(using their quirks)
Wolverine 6k
Thunderbolt 9s and 5ss
Dragon 1N
Firestarter S or A

Other non quirk optimized
Battlemaster 1S with 4 ER LL or a Thunderbolt 5ss with ERLL - both mechs get 25% range boost
King crab with 4 ultra ac 5
Stalker 4N with erll&LLs It can do crazy damage per second

I'm sure there's many more I'm forgetting

Eg thunderbolt with 3LPLs

#5 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

I switched to clans because I was tired of losing and wanted to earn more cbills. Now I get to win every match, often with heaps of kills, earning probably 1.5x the pay I was when playing for IS. I feel like I'm cheating when I get 4 kills against the first wave of a light rush in my streakcrow, it's just so easy. (those are usually solo kills with brawling, so the pay is awesome)

With that said, clan mechs appear more suited to the style of gameplay typically seen in disorganized play. The 50+ damage laser vomits are brilliant against enemies trying to peek out and shoot. When both teams are coordinated and disciplined (12 mans on teamspeak) The IS mechs with heat quirks and slightly cooler weapons can force the clans into a brawl where sustained DPS beats biggest laser vomit.

#6 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

who cares about ECM?

#7 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

I'm having a great time fighting the clans, fighting as part of a group or just solo.
I'm currently enjoying it better than standard public matches.

The key to beating them is to get up in their face and out brawl them. Avoid drawn-out long range fights as that is their strength. Naturally, build your mechs accordingly.

#8 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 609 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

Clans need something done. NERF THEM! :D

#9 Toadkillerdog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:35 PM

View Postknnniggett, on 03 March 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

I'm having a great time fighting the clans, fighting as part of a group or just solo.
I'm currently enjoying it better than standard public matches.

The key to beating them is to get up in their face and out brawl them. Avoid drawn-out long range fights as that is their strength. Naturally, build your mechs accordingly.

Well, and you have to pray they don't just bring the all Twolf rush to the generator. There's really nothing you can do to kill them fast enough, as much as I see people complaining about IS lights, atleast the lights can be brought down with streakcrows. Not a damn thing can drop 12 twolves fast enough.

#10 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

View PostToadkillerdog, on 03 March 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Well, and you have to pray they don't just bring the all Twolf rush to the generator. There's really nothing you can do to kill them fast enough, as much as I see people complaining about IS lights, atleast the lights can be brought down with streakcrows. Not a damn thing can drop 12 twolves fast enough.

12 oxides/huggins focusing on legs :)

Edited by Mycrus, 03 March 2015 - 06:38 PM.

#11 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

View PostToadkillerdog, on 03 March 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Meet them early and at a choke point... right at the gate works well. Get your big brawlers up front and you can push them right back out the gate.

#12 Biggest Salami

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

So long as a fair amount of people are dying on each side I'm happy. The only time losing pisses me off is when the win is grossly lopsided or the gens are all blown with maybe one kill. What's the point of that? Victory for victory's sake isn't fun, it's hollow. So long as the side I'm on gets some decent playing, some decent fighting and trying to develop tactics and respond to enemy strategy, it's fun, even if we lose.

Victory itself is only a cbill/loyalty point bonus. That's how it's fun for me.

Edited by Biggest Salami, 03 March 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#13 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

I dont mind the ECM Clans have, having said that the Hellbringer is the best ECM mech in game.
The Clan long range firepower on fast mechs like the Crow, Twolf and Hellbringer that are then very hard to bring down, due in part to the XL engines are really tough to face off against for IS pilots. The Clans have a distinct advantage in sheer push they can do. Lights are really the only effective anti legging mechs, even then its hard to stop clanners & once your lights are dead the Clans still have 2 Crows and a Twolf etc left for you to face.

Edited by Ace Selin, 03 March 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#14 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:59 PM

Don't bring LRMs as IS vs clans in CW. Now that Hellbringers are for C-Bills a large prtion of every wave will have ECM.

LRMs used to be mediocre vs organized clan units, now it's a waste of tonnage.

Bring quirked laser vomit and profit.

Edited by Divine Retribution, 03 March 2015 - 10:28 PM.

#15 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 609 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

man feels like i'm making zero cbills. Do you get anything when you lose?

#16 Leode

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

If ECM is almighty, then perhaps a full ECM Drop deck of 2xDDC & 2xPB might help your side win? Of course the problem with that is that it wastes the 10 ton advantage you got....

With Hellbringers now for C-Bills, clan ECM just got a huge buff.

#17 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:07 PM

View PostLeode, on 03 March 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

If ECM is almighty, then perhaps a full ECM Drop deck of 2xDDC & 2xPB might help your side win? Of course the problem with that is that it wastes the 10 ton advantage you got....

With Hellbringers now for C-Bills, clan ECM just got a huge buff.

ECM is and has been almighty, difference here is the Hellbringer is a great mech too. No ECM IS mech can compare.

Not to mention all 3 variants can equip it. At 65 tons you can bring 3 in your drop deck.

#18 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

It's plenty fun for me... You just have to
  • Use teamspeak
  • Attack with a 12-man instead of defending as a pug
Seriously. That's all it really takes. Players attacking you have to be attacking together in the same faction. Most of the time, that means using teamspeak. If you attack the clans, a lot of the time, their defense is just as disorganized as Inner Sphere defense.

IS Pug defenses provide easy money for attacking clan players.

Edited by ice trey, 04 March 2015 - 03:01 AM.

#19 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:05 AM

Right now IS champion mechs are miles better than clan trial mech. Therefore farming clan-pugs is easier than ever.

Edited by Kmieciu, 04 March 2015 - 03:05 AM.

#20 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:06 AM

Do you have a unit?

If the answer is no, then expect to have zero fun and zero success playing Community Warfare, no matter whether you are IS or Clan. Just don't bother.

Once you are dropping in a cohesive group, you might actually stomp some clanners and have some fun.

Hint: as long as you are with the FRR, we have the FRR Hub Teamspeak. Hop on and find the CW group that drops together, there's almost always at least one, and they have quite a bit of experience dropping together by now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users