35 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

NOW AVAILABLE FOR MC

PANTHER FLASH SALE 24 HOURS 15% OFF

STARTS: March 4th 11:00 am PST (7:00 pm UTC)

ENDS: March 5th 11:00 PST (7:00 pm UTC)

PNT-10K

1155 - 15% = 981 MC

PNT-8Z

905 - 15% = 769 MC

PNT-9R

985 - 15% = 837 MC

#2 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

1 month after release? Why did I buy the resistance package?

#3 Fast Eddie

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:25 PM

I feel cheated by this too :angry:

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostBSK, on 04 March 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

1 month after release? Why did I buy the resistance package?

I dunno, is the Panther OP?

If not, it's not as bad as that sounds. I wouldn't buy it for MC though.

#5 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

that was fast...

#6 UnHolyLegion

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

Can we expect the Zues and Grasshopper 1 month after release?? if so I want my money back!

#7 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

No comment on sale since Ive bought resistance....

But Panther does have very good hitboxes... :ph34r:

#8 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostUnHolyLegion, on 04 March 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Can we expect the Zues and Grasshopper 1 month after release?? if so I want my money back!

releas dates were updated:
http://mwomercs.com/...resistance-faq/

Q: When will these 'Mechs be available for purchase in-game with MC or C-Bills?
Panther: March 3rd for MC and April 7th for C-Bills May 5th for C-Bills
Enforcer: March 17th for MC and April 21st for C-Bills April 21st for MC / May 19th for C-Bills
Grasshopper: April 7th for MC and May 5th for C-Bills May 5th for MC / June 2nd for C-Bills
Zeus: April 21st for MC and May 19th for C-Bills May 19th for MC / June 16th for C-Bills

damn, formatting foxed up, the latter date is right now.

Edited by 627, 04 March 2015 - 01:40 PM.

#9 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

Boo.

Oh well. Someone should've double checked in advance if that was an actual mistake.

At least today's stuff was honored.

#10 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

Lol,

I don't know why people still get upset at whatever PGI posts. They make a lot of grammatical, spelling and factual mistakes in their announcements and their dates are always subject to change. This one day sale is meant to grab some more cash while offering something to the guys who couldn't afford the $30-35 to get this package.

If you want stuff day one spend cash. If not, don't. It's as simple as that. Don't expect PGI to honor dates. They will make changes if enough people complain. They will make changes if they need more money. From their actions, they have very little reserve capital and they needed these sales to stay in business. If you want MWO to continue, you buy. If this was a so-so game for you and don't mind it going out of business, then don't. Simple as that.

And PGI's actions regarding announcements have been consistent since closed Beta so not sure why people have a hard time with them changing dates whenever they need money. But one positive thing is that their customer service will try their best to come up with an acceptable solution for paying customers. Whenever I opened a ticket, they presented an acceptable solution within a reasonable amount of time so I don't mind blowing $100 every month on this game.

#11 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

That was indeed quick... But yeah PGI got great customer service IMO, though they mess up sometimes regarding info and announcements.

#12 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

Doh! Please tell me that 10K is not the hero variant - right? If it is that sucks. Only bought the pack for the hero...

#13 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

What ticks me off more than the rather fast 1 month difference of mc date, is the fact that the camo isn't available on the day the pre orders release into the game, that feels more like a rip off than the rather short time before pre order and standard mc bought.

#14 Zainadin

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • Location5o Cal

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

So I should be expecting a $5 refund?

Fire Pack - $20

All three Panthers for 2587MC + 3 Mech bays 300MC = 2887MC
3,000 MC for $15

One month after the "exclusive" launch of the Panther (w/o the Resistance Model) other people can spend $15 versus the $20 I spent being an "EARLY ADOPTER".

Resistance is the last pack I buy, it's better to wait a Month after release!

#15 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostCathy, on 04 March 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

What ticks me off more than the rather fast 1 month difference of mc date, is the fact that the camo isn't available on the day the pre orders release into the game, that feels more like a rip off than the rather short time before pre order and standard mc bought.

Wave 2 was the same, the camo only drops when the final 'Mech/s for the pack are released.

#16 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

View PostZainadin, on 04 March 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

So I should be expecting a $5 refund?

Fire Pack - $20

All three Panthers for 2587MC + 3 Mech bays 300MC = 2887MC
3,000 MC for $15

One month after the "exclusive" launch of the Panther (w/o the Resistance Model) other people can spend $15 versus the $20 I spent being an "EARLY ADOPTER".

Resistance is the last pack I buy, it's better to wait a Month after release!

Yup sometimes their cash grabs aren't very well thought out for people that might've bought earlier packages. But think of that $5 as the fee for getting the mech a month early.

#17 Zainadin

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • Location5o Cal

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostSmoked, on 04 March 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Yup sometimes their cash grabs aren't very well thought out for people that might've bought earlier packages. But think of that $5 as the fee for getting the mech a month early.

Why should I put faith in a company that screws over their primary investors?

In times of economic turmoil alienating the investors/users is a quick way of not succeeding. As of this time I am still not recommending this game to my network of fellow gamers.

As of now I may continue to play but I have no incentive to PAY.

I found this but I still find this a load of BS; http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4258079

Edited by Zainadin, 04 March 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#18 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

Oh hey, a flash sale that's actually cheaper than buying the package for once...cool!
If you bought the Resistance pack and are upset, I'd like to point out that your PNT-10K comes with a c-bill boost, whereas buying one through this flash sale doesn't give you the same boost. There are also other goodies that come with the Resistance pack.

#19 Sickboy78

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

Go ahead fools, spend your money on the panther, mwahahahaha. Spend money on it, just like me and want to kill yourself when you get it. If you're looking for a mech with all the slowness of a clan light with all the lack of weaponry of an IS mech, then the panther is right for you!

Seriously though, there are several light mechs that do what the panther does, only much, much better that costs C-Bills. Spider 5D, Raven 3L, Adder, Kitfox. Panther is slow like a kitfox, but doesn't hold the weaponry, doesn't have ECM. Slow like adder, doesn't hold the weaponry and is too freaking hot. Can only hold 2 Energy weapons like spider 5D and Raven 3L, but lacks ecm...sort of sucky...and is slow as ****...WAY sucky.

#20 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

The Panther is best used as a pure striker in my opinion. If you try to use it like a Jenner or FS9, a Jenner or FS9 will probably chase you down out in the middle of nowhere and kill you. Use it like a faster WVR or CN9, i.e., left arm is a shield arm, and you can get some really nice results. I've had a couple four-kill games in the 10K using an ERPPC and SRM6, and I'm just a fair pilot. The 9R with four MPLs and an SRM4 is really nice, too. 8Z is more of a panzer, I had my best results in it with two SRM4s and three MPLs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users