28 replies to this topic

#1 Sazabi Steppenwulfe

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrestes Principal

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

so what happens to FRR loyalist when the clans (presumably GBs) take whatz left? or does PGI plan to "J.J Abrams" the timeline, tease us with hope?

#2 Dreammirror

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:09 PM

As the rules are right now, no one can take capital worlds; so even if you lose the last 3 FFR worlds, you guys will still hold Rasalhague till the end of time. Could always spread back out northside then.

#3 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

I have a feeling that you'll continue to have Raselhaug forever, but If it does manage to be taken then you'll all be able to defend other IS planets but not be able to attack any (since you wouldn't have any territory to attack from)

#4 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:27 AM

#5 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

I keep seeing the title and thinking: Bondsman? That means someone isn't engaging in guerrilla operations and didn't die fighting. That won't do unless you want the FRR to fade away.

View PostTom Sawyer, on 05 March 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

Every day is the last day of the FRR, the end. Then the next day comes and it's once again the last day of the FRR. It's like Groundhog Day. Today the FRR still has C-Bills so today we shall ruin clanners until the FRR is made whole or there is no one left to pay us (only Rasalhague remains); either concludes our contract.

We really don't fight for the C-Bills, or the fame, or because of our work ethic, or for the idea of the FRR; we fight because it's who we are. Now get back to work... put your berserker grin on, make a gruesome mess, and get those dang kids off the lawn!

*another shameless plug*

Did the last paragraph speak to you? Are you 25+? Do you literally have no sense of self preservation? Do you fight just because you can? Do you smile or laugh when you walk into a bad situation? Do others find it disconcerting? Do you sometimes forget where you are? Then you might be OLD material! Join us on Raidcall (it's like TS), room id# 4913355.

Wade into the enemy, cut a few down, walk out in pieces but alive, thoroughly enjoy the experience, and you're gonna go far with OLD!

/shameless plug

Edited by Divine Retribution, 05 March 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#6 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

When the last FRR planet is taken, we load all our remaining dropships ups with fusion-cores from our mechs and every last ounce of radioactive material we can fly then fly them to all the clan home-worlds and turn them into radioactive wastelands.... Then ask the clans "Was it worth it?"

We are space vikings -- simply hurting you is a victory.

Edited by nehebkau, 05 March 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#7 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

More logically should all worlds including Rassy fall we will get random chances to retake it or worlds around the clan IS border.

But as far as i know the plan is to keep capital worlds "safe".. if nothing else to avoid the CW from spassing out as there is a faction missing.. god knows where we could end up getting attack lanes.

#8 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

Remember that the devs chose Luthien as attack vector already. So don´t count too much on holding Rasalhague forever.

so what happens to FRR loyalist when the clans (presumably GBs) take whatz left?

Well then you are buried on a longboat that is set on fire and floats into the sunset. Doh!
You didn´t plan coming out of this alive, did you?

Edited by Molossian Dog, 05 March 2015 - 04:37 PM.

#9 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 05 March 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Remember that the devs chose Luthien as attack vector already. So don´t count too much on holding Rasalhague forever.

Well then you are buried on a longboat that is set on fire and floats into the sunset. Doh!
You didn´t plan coming out of this alive, did you?

Actually, that was a bug, same as the unintended Tukayyid attacks. It's a beta, **** happens. The rule to the best of our knowledge is that the capital worlds will never be taken.

#10 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

Frankly I don´t believe that "was a bug" story anymore since the Tukayyid wormhole.

Of all the planets not connected to CSJ, it was Tukayyid, of all places, that was choosen by the glitchy algorithim? By pure chance? How likely is that?

Paul is messing around with the algorithim.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 05 March 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#11 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 05 March 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

Frankly I don´t believe that "was a bug" story anymore since the Tukayyid wormhole.

Of all the planets not connected to CSJ, it was Tukayyid, of all places, that was choosen by the glitchy algorithim? By pure chance? How likely is that?

Paul is messing around with the algorithim.

You apparently missed when we jumped across the entire wolf corridor to attack the FRR? The algorithm was doing some plenty screwy stuff.

They only recently shifted those planets' ownerships to even the OZs out, and it does seem to have fixed it.

#12 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Biggest enemy of the FRR:
PAUL!

#13 callmejon

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 76 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:47 PM

As long as there is a Kuritan alive you Capitol will not fall. There is much honor in the blood spilled on Luthien by the FRR, and so shall Kuritan Blood be spilled if your capitol comes under fire by any attackers.

#14 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

Looks like some FRR units are taking DCMS contracts, Good hunting to you all over there, you have a much better chance of striking at all of the FRR's enemies from there than from our space.

#15 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:08 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 05 March 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

You apparently missed when we jumped across the entire wolf corridor to attack the FRR? The algorithm was doing some plenty screwy stuff.

They only recently shifted those planets' ownerships to even the OZs out, and it does seem to have fixed it.

And how does that change anything about what I said?

Dozens of planets for CSJ the algorithim could choose from - chooses Tukayyid.
How likely is that to happen by pure dumb luck?

Noone denies that the algorithim is boinked up. That doesn´t mean the devs aren´t screwing around with it as well. These two things aren´t mutually exclusive. Actually the former increases the likelihood of the latter.

But since the devs don´t inform us and our new community manager doesn´t inform us, we never know if stuff happening is a glitch or intentional. So we will have to leave it at agreeing to disagree I guess.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 06 March 2015 - 03:15 AM.

#16 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 06 March 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

And how does that change anything about what I said?

Dozens of planets for CSJ the algorithim could choose from - chooses Tukayyid.
How likely is that to happen by pure dumb luck?

Noone denies that the algorithim is boinked up. That doesn´t mean the devs aren´t screwing around with it as well. These two things aren´t mutually exclusive. Actually the former increases the likelihood of the latter.

But since the devs don´t inform us and our new community manager doesn´t inform us, we never know if stuff happening is a glitch or intentional. So we will have to leave it at agreeing to disagree I guess.

So basically, your argument is "Devs hate us, because reasons!" regardless of the fact that the marik wormhole happened before they even had a control in to change the attack vectors?

#17 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:40 AM

I see it as an interesting test for the team to track how many of the player base would respond to an important location like that and if it would rally the inner sphere to a cause. result? failure.

#18 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

We go from Drunken Space Vikings to Drunken Space Pirates. ;)

#19 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

Welcome to Clan Wolf you will all be claimed as Isorla

#20 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 06 March 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

So basically, your argument is "Devs hate us, because reasons!" regardless of the fact that the marik wormhole happened before they even had a control in to change the attack vectors?

What is so difficult to understand about:

a ) there are glitches
b ) plus the Devs are messing around with the attack vectors.

Both can be true. As previously stated the fact there are glitches makes it neccessary they play around with it. It is a part of their job.

My theory is: What I consider more likely than the algorithim choosing Tukayyid out of the 500+ planets not connected to CSJ territory is the Devs trying stuff out.
Technical stuff like "does this code work" as well as player related stuff. Like "what will players do if a capital planet is attackable".

The whole "you just think the Devs hate us" is just in your head. I don´t know what joy this projection gives you, but I didn´t say it and I didn´t mean it. If you are just looking for something to argue, look somewhere else. I don´t care what you are reading into my posts.

If the Devs screw up you and I´m angry about it you can be assured I am usually quite direct in my critizism, don´t worry. Not the case here.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 06 March 2015 - 06:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users