#1 Stormwolfe13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts
  • LocationJersey Strong

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

Greetings,

These are some ideas I had to make CW more competitive. I know that one of the the ideas presented below (#3) is a major departure from Battletech lore but I feel that these ideas would make CW much more competitive than it seems to be under the current format. I do not wish to be flamed for these ideas but I would definitely love some constructive feedback. Do you think it would make CW more competitive or not? What would the upside of these ideas? What would the downside be? In battletech the Clan Invasion most of the IS came to fight against the clans even though the FRR, House Kurita and House Steiner were the main victims of the invasion. For whatever reason that didn't happen here in CW to the extent that it did in the world of battletech. This is in NO way meant to be read as blaming the rest of the IS for what has transgressed in MWO Community Warfare. There really is no blame to be assigned anywhere... it's just the way things happened as a result of the way CW was implemented. I doubt that there will be a battle on Tukayyid that will stop the the invasion. And clearly the FRR, and even to a lesser extent Houses Kurita and Steiner, are unable to stem the invasion as CW is currently implemented. When CW is reset out of beta I would love to see 3 changes that I would suggest as POSSIBLE changes that might make CW more competitive. The ideas are as follows. Again these are just ideas I am floating. What's your take on them?

Idea 1: This would be the easiest of my ideas to implement. In light of all the combat it would be fairly safe to assume that there has been enough salvage to allow IS drops to allow each player to bring at least 1 clan mech into each CW battle (possibly even 2 per player).

Idea 2: The 2nd idea has been floated by others out there and I agree I think it would bring more parity to the battles. 2 Stars vs 3 lances. (eg: 10 clan pilots vs 12 IS pilots). I know PGI has said this will not happen but with enough players asking/demanding it maybe we could change their mind.

And finally,

Idea 3: This idea is by far the most radical of my ideas. But I would venture that in order to give the IS a better chance of protecting the houses most battered by the clan invasion it might be a good idea to shift the map set-up so that 1 clan starting point be placed at each of the cardinal compass points (eg: North, South, East, and West). This way instead of 3 houses bearing the brunt of the entire invasion, Each IS house would have it's own invasion to deal with and would better "spread" the damage of the invasion and give each house an equal chance of holding or losing its planet territories. When and if more clans are added to the invasion they could be distributed along the same lines. 1 clan added to each compass point. Or as a variation to this we could place two clans at the north point and two clans on the south point of the CW map.

This idea is a radical departure from battletech lore as mentioned and would require a very open mind to implement but I would love to here what the rest of you all think.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

Edited by Stormwolfe13, 05 March 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#2 Stormwolfe13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts
  • LocationJersey Strong

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:41 AM

No one has any thoughts... positive or negative?

#3 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:20 AM

Lets try:
idea 1. its my personal oppionion - but after sinking $390 (thinking about remaining $90) into Clan Mechs i would like to have the option for one or two Clan Mechs in my DropDeck

Idea 2: no - no 10 vs 12. when you balance stuff like - 10 from those are as effective as 12 from those - you virtually kill those 12. There are only few of us that would still drop in IS Mechs. Almost all "play to win" gamers will automatically join the Clans - leaving only a couple of old men and childrend to defend the IS.

You can say - in combination with idea 1 - IS could have one drop of 12 Clan Mechs - overwhelming 10 Clan Defenders....but when they are gone they have to drop with IS Mechs.
Question is - how strong is the "advantage" of 2 additional Clan Mechs - could it be enough that this team can roll over 2 complete drops of the "pure" clan deck?

Idea 3.
Well if CW is going to stay in the current situation - hope not. It would be a nice idea.
But i really hope that PGI is able to change CW in some ways that (single collective queue for IS and Clan Players that automatically drop you where needed - no seperate front/planet queues)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users