Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

Preferrably one in which does not just take actons in to their own hands during a Drop Match, but rather co-operate, give proper instructions and, although Victory is not always absolute, does not men much to me, although Victory is always best when there is a full Company following orders.

But about myself:
I am a loyal Capellan Citizen, planet Boardwalk
I was a Medium 'Mech pilot, about 18 years ago, when playing MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries and have come to adore the Medium 'Mechs, in particular, the CRB-27 Crab.
But since that might never be released, But I have come to pilot a Heavy Catapult, and doing quite well with it, but had to sell it, because I am after a stronger, Clan 'Mech or any other Heavy which can equip either jump jets, ecm or both.
I am more in favour of energy weapons (I have not got complete control of the lb-10x or a/c-5's but I have been training on them for the last few days.
So basically, until a 'Mech comes along that is a Medium and and as fast as the CRB-27, my 'Mech of choice is the Catapult, followed closely behind by the Mad Dog.

Mad Dog or Catapult or TimberWolf... Not sure which of those would be better to go after (long as cat or TW has artemis iv installed).

I also have TS3, if that helps, in the way of communicating during the battle?

- Angelic Crusader
Loyal Citizen of the Capellan Confederation and His Excellency.

(P.S. Call me 'Moat' if you like, it is my nickname but could not choose it when signing up :-(

#2 Phobic Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

You're welcome to check out http://zhizhu-mercs.net/
We're always looking for fun players.

and you might want to check out the hiring hall too.
http://mwomercs.com/...94-hiring-hall/

Edited by Phobic Wraith, 05 March 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostPhobic Wraith, on 05 March 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

You're welcome to check out http://zhizhu-mercs.net/
We're always looking for fun players.

Good man, you beat me to it.
-------------

We use TS, are fun loving and have dedicated drop nights (though the last two have been missed with so many people having birthdays back to back).

This vid is old, but it gives you an idea of the sort of personalities we have when a bunch of us get together.

I personally play myself as being from Saint Ives.

You can call me Kon or Koniving. My favorite mech is the Stalker, though I've got just about every mech.

Zhizhu hosts two pretty active threads in the community hyperpulse generator:
Perfect Screenshot Thread.
Tabletop Battles

We're into a number of different games, you're welcome to join us on any of them.

#4 AngelicCrusaders

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

Thanks, mates, I will check it out right now. Need a bit of a rest from the game for now, just one of those days where nthing goes right haha.

I'll get back to you when I've perused everything you both gave me.

Cheers "-)

#5 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

View PostAngelicCrusaders, on 05 March 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

Mad Dog or Catapult or TimberWolf... Not sure which of those would be better to go after (long as cat or TW has artemis iv installed).

A critical note: CW doesn't allow you to use 'Mechs from the other side- which means no Clantech for a Liao player. Artemis upgrades can be put onto any 'Mech with missile hardpoints, mind you. Right now, there's zero IS heavies with ECM, but the Thunderbolt is pretty darn good with lasers (and PPCs) depending on the model, and the -9SE is quirked for large pulse lasers specifically and is jump capable to boot. A trio of T-bolts in their varying quirkenings are popular choices in CW for the bang they deliver for their tonnage (-9S's tend to favor ER PPCs, -5S large/medium lasers, -5SS's medium pulses), and training up in a single chassis type lets you maximize their abilities.

And be patient. Crab -20's and -27's (in more limited numbers) existed in the 3050's, which given what they did with the Enforcer might be enough to see them scuttling around in MWO as well if they add a -P variant.

Edited by wanderer, 05 March 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#6 AngelicCrusaders

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:30 PM

View Postwanderer, on 05 March 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

A critical note: CW doesn't allow you to use 'Mechs from the other side- which means no Clantech for a Liao player. Artemis upgrades can be put onto any 'Mech with missile hardpoints, mind you. Right now, there's zero IS heavies with ECM, but the Thunderbolt is pretty darn good with lasers (and PPCs) depending on the model, and the -9SE is quirked for large pulse lasers specifically and is jump capable to boot. A trio of T-bolts in their varying quirkenings are popular choices in CW for the bang they deliver for their tonnage (-9S's tend to favor ER PPCs, -5S large/medium lasers, -5SS's medium pulses), and training up in a single chassis type lets you maximize their abilities.

And be patient. Crab -20's and -27's (in more limited numbers) existed in the 3050's, which given what they did with the Enforcer might be enough to see them scuttling around in MWO as well if they add a -P variant.

I was actually just thinking about that, Wanderer, I think I would go for the Timber Wolf, but they do not have Jump Jets, which I normally like to use, although the firepower and armour on them would be a great advantage to own. I just have to be sure to buy the right 'Mech for me and try and customise it the way that works for me.

The Mad Dog is good also, but it does not have Jump Jets and with 'Mechs like the Mad Dog (even being a Heavy) I like the ability to jump, although its speed is somewhat better than most 'Mechs in its range.

Well, I still have at least 7 million C-Bills to obtain before I can decide on one.

Edited by AngelicCrusaders, 05 March 2015 - 06:32 PM.

#7 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

If you got a Timber Wolf or Mad Dog, you could use neither one in a Liao unit. Both are Clantech, hence if you try and put them into your drop deck, it'll register them as invalid choices.

(-S variant Timber Wolves are jump-capable, mind you.)

Also, remember that a CW deck is -four- 'Mechs, not one. While you can use Trials to fill in the gaps, naturally those will be less effective as you can't customize them as you prefer.

Edited by wanderer, 05 March 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#8 Phobic Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostKoniving, on 05 March 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

Good man, you beat me to it.

I have to beat you to something. I sure can't beat you at anything else here on the forums ;)

Edited by Phobic Wraith, 05 March 2015 - 07:55 PM.

#9 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

Another good place to look for units:

http://mwomercs.com/...-confederation/

#10 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:22 AM

Your main timezone will dictate which units you should look at.

But the greatest part about Liao is that while we are many unit we operate as one faction. Units of all stripes will form a group and get on a single TS very regularly. Just add all Liao you see to your friends list and you'll be sure to find a group that is dropping at any point in time.

#11 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

Yeah I would recommend hopping into CW drops, adding as many Liao as you can find, and just talking to everyone. You will get a feel for the players and units that way.

#12 LittleFly

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

And since no one else has said it, "Welcome to Liao." Glad to have you with us.

#13 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

I believe you're Taradele on a new account... No worries man you'll find a unit that works for you. Some of the more casual ones are 4TCR and PMP. TCAF does operate closer to your timezone than the NA units and they do have an English option.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 06 March 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#14 Driftwoood

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

4TCR is primarily a North American time zone unit... Currently, we play the last 3-4 hours before ceasefire on Tuesday and Thursday nights... add myself, Orkdung or Vandril to your friends list and come join us for a few nights, and we'll see if we fit...

Edited by Driftwoood, 06 March 2015 - 11:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users