9 replies to this topic

#1 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

I have a KTO-18 that is leveled up. I just bought a KTO-18C. My question is, is the Champion also leveled up? If not how do I level it up?

I thank you in advance.

#2 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostSonny Black, on 06 March 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

I have a KTO-18 that is leveled up. I just bought a KTO-18C. My question is, is the Champion also leveled up? If not how do I level it up? I thank you in advance.

If Im understanding your question correctly, the answer is that you level it up by using it in matches and gaining XP for that variant. Each variant has its own leveling process. Just because you level one does not mean the rest of the ones you have or buy in the future are leveled.

Edited by AdamBaines, 06 March 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#3 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

View PostAdamBaines, on 06 March 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

If Im understanding your question correctly, the answer is that you level it up by using it in matches and gaining XP for that variant. Each variant has its own leveling process. Just because you level one does not mean the rest of the ones you have or buy in the future are leveled.

The problem is when I go to the Skills Screen my KTO-18C doesn't show up. Only the KTO-18.

#4 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostSonny Black, on 06 March 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

The problem is when I go to the Skills Screen my KTO-18C doesn't show up. Only the KTO-18.

Can you post a screen shot?

Edited by AdamBaines, 06 March 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#5 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

What happened is that you purchased the KTO-18 (C). I hate to break it to you but they are the same mech and it does not count as a separate mech for leveling up.

In other words it is as leveled up as it can be already due to the fact that you already owned the mech.

#6 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

View Postluigi256, on 06 March 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

What happened is that you purchased the KTO-18 (C). I hate to break it to you but they are the same mech and it does not count as a separate mech for leveling up.

In other words it is as leveled up as it can be already due to the fact that you already owned the mech.

So the Champion Mech stays at basic? Do I understand you correctly?

#7 Mawcor

• Pip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

KTO-18 and KTO-18 (C) count as the same variant for the Kintaro chassis. Masteries apply to a chassis rather than a specific mech, so your KTO-18 (C) should have all the same unlocked masteries

What luigi256 was saying was that, if you haven't already gotten your Kintaros to elite status, since you already have basic masteries for the KTO-18, the KTO-18 (C) would not count as the second of the three variants required.

#8 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostMawcor, on 06 March 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

KTO-18 and KTO-18 (C) count as the same variant for the Kintaro chassis. Masteries apply to a chassis rather than a specific mech, so your KTO-18 (C) should have all the same unlocked masteries

What luigi256 was saying was that, if you haven't already gotten your Kintaros to elite status, since you already have basic masteries for the KTO-18, the KTO-18 (C) would not count as the second of the three variants required.

Thank you. It appears then that Life...Is...Good!

Once again Thanks to all, for your help.

#9 Skynet2000

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostSonny Black, on 06 March 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

So the Champion Mech stays at basic? Do I understand you correctly?

Hmm... First lets answer your question. KTO18 and KTO18(C) are the same mech in terms of skills. Playing either will grant you exp for both and any skills acquired on this variant will benefit both.

But I think based on the above comment, your problem isn't that the KTO18 and the KTO18(C) are different or the same mech in terms of pilot skills. Rather you are asking why you can't get above basic on the mech.

If that is indeed your question, then the answer is all mechs can go all the way to masters level skills. The reason why you cannot do the elite skills atm is because you don't have 3 variant of the same chassis fully basiced. To get to masters you need 3 variant of the same "WEIGHT CLASS" (so ANY medium mech) elited.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Skynet2000, 20 March 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#10 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

Clarification: You need to finish the Basic tier for 3 different variants of a chassis to unlock Elite. The Kintaro has 4 variants: The KTO-18, -19, 20, and Golden Boy. The Champion (C) counts as the same as the variant on which it is based. Ther KTO-18 and KTO-18(C) count as the same variant. So any 3 of the 4 would suffice.

You need to finish the Elite tier for 3 different mechs in the same weight class to unlock the Master tier. For example, 1 Kintaro, 1 Stormcrow, and 1 Hunchback. Note that that will only unlock the Master tier for Medium Mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users