46 replies to this topic

#1 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

Was just wondering if anyone else feels like their PPC's tend to lag more than any other weapon?
They've always felt like I'm shooting air at the enemy unless I'm almost within brawl range
(don't be a douche and go on about minimum range its not that)
It's more about lead distance and hit reg or even leading the target and then the shot snapping to behind the point of aim.Is it a common situation? is it due to the long energy animation time?
Any pointers would be appreciated.

I love ballistics but can't seem to get the hang of PPCs

Edited by CorditeJunkie, 06 March 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

The slow projectile speed made them bad at long ranges, and has mostly relegated them to short-to-medium range. The problem with that is that there are some more efficient options for short/medium range much of the time...

#3 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

I have more alleged hitreg problems with PPCs than any other weapon. I went one match, nailing mechs with ERPPCs, only to have a grand total of 117 damage.

I gave up on PPCs because either they warp through mechs, or I just can't hit with them, despite seeing the hits.

#4 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

Its the velocity and their insanely large collision hit boxes on the projectile. You fire it, but if it gets anywhere near anything it hits the terrain instead, and the low velocity and big ass explosion make it hard to tell what your hitting.

#5 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

They cost way too much heat for what they do for the most part. The AC10/20 is basically superior in almost every way up close and gauss obsoletes it at a distance. I want to like them, and they sure look cool, but they're not efficient weapons.

Edited by Evan20k, 06 March 2015 - 04:39 PM.

#6 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostEvan20k, on 06 March 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

They cost way too much heat for what they do for the most part. The AC10/20 is basically superior in almost every way up close and gauss obsoletes it at a distance. I want to like them, and they sure look cool, but they're not efficient weapons.

Yes, they do look secksy on high particles.

#7 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:44 PM

think thats laggy.you shoulda seen them in closed beta.There was so much lag,when you clicked the button you did a 1 count before the ppc fired...and then slowly trundled it's way down field....almost mw2 style :P

that being said,they are still waaay to slow for something that's basically man made lightning

Edited by Alexandrix, 06 March 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#8 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

View PostAlexandrix, on 06 March 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

think thats laggy.you shoulda seen them in closed beta.There was so much lag,when you clicked the button you did a 1 count before the ppc fired...and then slowly trundled it's way down field....almost mw2 style :P

Atleast in MW2 when they hit they hurt...like a mother, and you could easily tell if it hit or missed....hit, a big fire ball, miss, an effect, almost identical to the one we have now...just a blue blast.

#9 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

In early closed beta, yeah they were ****** up. But I still practiced with em a lot. When they got projectile speed fixed and HSR, then it finally paid off in tart heyday.

Now they're ****** again, which is cool. I'll practice with em again and then someday when they get tweaked it'll pay off. Again.

That's the way I look at it. PPC is only wep I've ever done that sort of thing with, no other wep is important enough to warrant sitting in hundreds of live matches doing nothing but practicing shots on real targets, instead of trying 100% to win the round.

Edited by Soy, 06 March 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#10 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

I've been playing the adder prime, and they seem to go right through mechs a lot. Maybe it's technically over the shoulder or between the arms and the body or something. It's like the hit box for terrain is the size of a locust, but the hit box for actually hitting a mech is a single pixel.

#11 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

It has the same speed as an AC10. And people don't really use that without quirks. But combine that with still high heat and the 90 meter deadzone. They could at least get rid of the 90 meter thing.

#12 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

The 90 meters is what kills it for me. It deals less damage overall than a LPL, cannot be used at close range, flies slowly, is hotter and has questionable hit detection? No thanks.

#13 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:55 PM

Oh yes, they are bugged with the same problem they had in the very early Closed Beta. We thought HSR had fixed it but I see it in a lot of games that a mech that is not moving is hit by PPCs or ERPPCs and the armor flashes, but there is no actual damage to the mech. I saw a Puma (Adder) the other night take 3xPPCs to the CT at 400 meters and it was not moving so there was no way it missed, and nothing. Not just once, but 5 times!

So, since when does a motionless Puma shrug off 150 damage? Maybe they are too slow now? Or low priority for HSR? Buggy bug bug is all I can tell. Too many lasers for the game to keep track of PPCs as well?

Edited by Lightfoot, 06 March 2015 - 06:56 PM.

#14 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

go to 3:55.... Even those PPCs had better velocity....

#15 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostCreovex, on 06 March 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

go to 3:55.... Even those PPCs had better velocity....

And they did 15 damage....So OP!!!!! Against single armor values!!! OMG!!! SO OP!!! NERF NAO!!!!

#16 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 06 March 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

And they did 15 damage....So OP!!!!! Against single armor values!!! OMG!!! SO OP!!! NERF NAO!!!!

I love the "spitting on a mech" graphical look!

#17 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

Any pointers would be appreciated.

use advanced zoom

#18 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:08 AM

Ppcs also have convergence issues at range. When you are leading your target at 700+ m, your weapons may be converging on empty space where you are leading. May be more of a problem if your ppcs are mounted far apart.

If you haven't played in a while ppcs had their speed nerfed hard so they do seem more floaty.

#19 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

I watched 2 PPC rounds from my Stalker slide right through a MDD and explode harmlessly on the ground behind hi.
I've also seen constantly the PPC rounds strike a target dead on, (As in face to face staring contest) planting repeated strikes and only ever having every second to third one even turn the Reticle red.

Something is definitely up with IS PPCs though, since i don't seem to ever have issues with Clan ones.

#20 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:37 AM

I've seen some odd behavior lately.
Clear shots against standing targets that visually hit but I don't get the red crosshair and no damage is applied to paperdoll.
Some time later the same target from above die spontaneously and then I get the kill.
It's like HSR must double check 90% of PPC/ERPPC fire.

P.S.: I've noticed this behavior with PPC/ERPPC only.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users