Been Gone For Three Weeks, I Come Back And....

51 replies to this topic

#1 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationLike I would tell you!

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

We only have four planets left?!

I was travelling with my kids nowhere near a decent internet connection, thanks ye gods I would have freaked out.

I mean, holy crap down to 4, really? I had to zoom all the way in and check, and then when I went to defend? just one defender in cue.

Such a bummer.

And 3 of those 4 are being attacked right now. Boooooooooo!

Edited by Jonny Slam, 06 March 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#2 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

I chose Rasalhague faction content with my Resistance Collection just to mourn the countless dead of the Free Rasalhague Republique. We will remember you fondly.

#3 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

FRR will rise again, as a member of the GB Dominion. The only thing better than a mead drinking space viking is one that travels with killer Ghost Bears!

#4 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

And the first two responses are from a clanner and Stiener, sigh.

What is even worse is that of all the attacks going right now, only one is against a clan planet.

#5 Mandrakerootes

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

Okay Jonny, the FRR fought their asses off, alot has happened these last 3 weeks, and due in part thanks to the support of the nSL, the FRR even made it this far. So before you judge us and belittle how few people are left, maybe you should go through those 3 weeks and see for yourself how it feels.

Its only natural that people jump of and join a different faction. But this was expected, I mean can you seriously say you chose FRR to capture and hold territory?

We continued the good fight, and we still are, the FRR is still far from being dead, so please inform yourself proper before you start ranting.

Quick Edit: I just looked over the map and confirmed that we cant even attack anything else but clans, plus why would we anyway? Why do you want us to not attack clans?

Edited by Mandrakerootes, 06 March 2015 - 06:47 PM.

#6 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

Didn't help that all the other IS houses dog piled on them like cowards when the FRR was fighting valiantly on the Clan fronts.

#7 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

You may have no idea on how hard we have been fighting.

#8 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

So what happens if you lose all your Planets?

Edited by Davegt27, 06 March 2015 - 08:08 PM.

#9 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:50 PM

unless another Luthien happens, they haven't allowed the attacking of capitol planets

View PostDavegt27, on 06 March 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

So what happens if you lose all your Planets?

#10 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostMandrakerootes, on 06 March 2015 - 06:45 PM, said:

Okay Jonny, the FRR fought their asses off, alot has happened these last 3 weeks, and due in part thanks to the support of the nSL, the FRR even made it this far. So before you judge us and belittle how few people are left, maybe you should go through those 3 weeks and see for yourself how it feels.

Its only natural that people jump of and join a different faction. But this was expected, I mean can you seriously say you chose FRR to capture and hold territory?

We continued the good fight, and we still are, the FRR is still far from being dead, so please inform yourself proper before you start ranting.

Quick Edit: I just looked over the map and confirmed that we cant even attack anything else but clans, plus why would we anyway? Why do you want us to not attack clans?

Way to put your own spin on it jackass, you sound more like a martyr than a warrior.

So allow me to explain a few things for you sport,

* I signed up FRR permanent I never was or will be a part timer, I was in it for the long haul.
* I asked what happened while I was gone, I didn't belittle anyone you jackass, that's you projecting and not my problem.
* I joined the FRR to win not lose, seems from what you say that you didn't. That's a shame, those that expect to lose? they lose.
* The only one ranting is you sport, like some overly sensitive school girl who takes a question about what happen as a attack on them personally. Suck it up man.
* I was asking for information to "inform" myself, too bad the guy who answered me is a "expecting defeat, martyr"
* This last part is just about the stupidest part of your tantrum, I was pointing out that of all the battles being fought currently only one on the entire board was a attack against the clans, Meaning the clans were getting a easy ride. No one was attacking the clans except for one planet. And that is the exact opposite of what you tried to interpret as, because you are so hell bent on taking offense.

I'm not sure if you just pretending to be this obtuse, or if you really are that ******* stupid.

View PostStrykewolf, on 06 March 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

You may have no idea on how hard we have been fighting.

Oh it's pretty obvious that it's been a hell of a fight, I just wish some pilots had dropped with me this afternoon. I spent hours in the empty cue watching enemies take us apart while I waited for a drop in a empty lounge.

View PostAodh, on 06 March 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

Didn't help that all the other IS houses dog piled on them like cowards when the FRR was fighting valiantly on the Clan fronts.

Who came after us? the combine? Steiner? figures the bums.

#11 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:46 PM

View PostUminix, on 06 March 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

unless another Luthien happens, they haven't allowed the attacking of capitol planets

I really didn't like the idea of a reset the Bullock was floating, but it seems like our only hope at this point. But here is my question, even if PGI does do a reset on the map, wont the fact that we got so nuked and were the first to go have a adverse effect on our recruiting going forward? kinda like a mass memory. Great like FRR doesn't have enough stacked against it as it is.

Well off to the cue hope to see some of you there.

#12 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

All three of our remaining planets are under attack, and not one defender on the board, sigh.

Just spent ten mins without anyone joining, wonder how long I will have to wait.

#13 GalahadVGL13

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:08 AM

:ph34r:

#14 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:19 AM

The sad thing is that we win the most of our games against the clanners. They are ghost droping us into oblivion with sheer numbers. If I am for ten games on the FRR hub we lose one or two of them at max.

In the US attack phase we even hold our grounds pretty successfully, but in the EU attack phase we are even less people and I sometimes wonder if there are any oceanic FRR players left.

Before you judge what happened, come to the FRR hub, do a few CW drops with us and see what happens for yourself. Morale is still good and we are still fighting. And even if we should lose all but fortress Rasalhague, we will keep on fighting.

Oh yeah, and don't defend, attack. Always attack.

FRR Hub TS3 server:
frrhub.tk:9725
pw: Dragon

#15 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:20 AM

Our unit is serving in the FRR for more than 3 weeks now. We are active before and after the EU ceasefire. What happens during the rest of the day I do not know and can´t comment on it.

But I can tell from first hand experience that the Fraggles are fighting well and fighting hard. Noone is whining, even in defeat. And mostly they win.

Subjectively speaking, the map doesn´t represent their war effort very well.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 07 March 2015 - 06:23 AM.

#16 Mandrakerootes

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:36 AM

View PostJonny Slam, on 06 March 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

Way to put your own spin on it jackass, you sound more like a martyr than a warrior.

So allow me to explain a few things for you sport,

* I signed up FRR permanent I never was or will be a part timer, I was in it for the long haul.
* I asked what happened while I was gone, I didn't belittle anyone you jackass, that's you projecting and not my problem.
* I joined the FRR to win not lose, seems from what you say that you didn't. That's a shame, those that expect to lose? they lose.
* The only one ranting is you sport, like some overly sensitive school girl who takes a question about what happen as a attack on them personally. Suck it up man.
* I was asking for information to "inform" myself, too bad the guy who answered me is a "expecting defeat, martyr"
* This last part is just about the stupidest part of your tantrum, I was pointing out that of all the battles being fought currently only one on the entire board was a attack against the clans, Meaning the clans were getting a easy ride. No one was attacking the clans except for one planet. And that is the exact opposite of what you tried to interpret as, because you are so hell bent on taking offense.

I'm not sure if you just pretending to be this obtuse, or if you really are that ******* stupid.

Oh it's pretty obvious that it's been a hell of a fight, I just wish some pilots had dropped with me this afternoon. I spent hours in the empty cue watching enemies take us apart while I waited for a drop in a empty lounge.

Who came after us? the combine? Steiner? figures the bums.

Listen I dont want this to cross boundaries, but I am not the one getting personally offended by it. I just have something against people that look down on others and their efforts.(I recon this mainly from the way how you form your sentence, but correct me if im wrong, written speech lacks certain important aspects).

That you start insulting me personally is only another proof though.
You havent asked a single W- question in your entire OP. So how did you ask for information?
And see how you spin my answer yourself in order to say im a defeatist or even some uncompetitive jock that loves losing?
I never even mentioned that, I never said I like losing the battles, but this doesnt mean I cant come to grips with losing the war.
Knowing FRR would be up against probably 4 times their own playerbase with 12 attackable planets a day, I can understand that our end is more or less inevitable, that doesnt mean I dont try hard to avoid it and do everything I can in order to win.

But I didnt join the FRR to become the next successor state.

You know im not the best in English, but if you formulate your sentences clearer, such missunderstandings wouldnt happen anymore. If you had said "battles" instead of "attacks" I would have understood you immediatly, but since an attack is used to describe an offensive action(in this game on a planet you do NOT own) I assumed you wanted us to attack more planets, and non clan-planets that is. Thats why I was interested in wether you really think that is the best course of action in our current situation.

#17 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

Oh boy, cut it children, use that energy to kill some clanners.

#18 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:22 PM

Sweet Jesus, just two planets left. Attacks on Maule last night were a nightmare.

Dropping on Dehgolan, feel free to join in.

#19 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostMandrakerootes, on 07 March 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

Listen I dont want this to cross boundaries, but I am not the one getting personally offended by it. I just have something against people that look down on others and their efforts.(I recon this mainly from the way how you form your sentence, but correct me if im wrong, written speech lacks certain important aspects).

That you start insulting me personally is only another proof though.
You havent asked a single W- question in your entire OP. So how did you ask for information?
And see how you spin my answer yourself in order to say im a defeatist or even some uncompetitive jock that loves losing?
I never even mentioned that, I never said I like losing the battles, but this doesnt mean I cant come to grips with losing the war.
Knowing FRR would be up against probably 4 times their own playerbase with 12 attackable planets a day, I can understand that our end is more or less inevitable, that doesnt mean I dont try hard to avoid it and do everything I can in order to win.

But I didnt join the FRR to become the next successor state.

You know im not the best in English, but if you formulate your sentences clearer, such missunderstandings wouldnt happen anymore. If you had said "battles" instead of "attacks" I would have understood you immediatly, but since an attack is used to describe an offensive action(in this game on a planet you do NOT own) I assumed you wanted us to attack more planets, and non clan-planets that is. Thats why I was interested in wether you really think that is the best course of action in our current situation.

Nice backpedal, now stop equivocating and go drop.

#20 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostJonny Slam, on 06 March 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

We only have four planets left?!

I was travelling with my kids nowhere near a decent internet connection, thanks ye gods I would have freaked out.

I mean, holy crap down to 4, really? I had to zoom all the way in and check, and then when I went to defend? just one defender in cue.

Such a bummer.

And 3 of those 4 are being attacked right now. Boooooooooo!

Yeah, IS lost the 9S and haven't been able to really hold the line since.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users