Been Gone For Three Weeks, I Come Back And....

51 replies to this topic

#21 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

The lack of FRR planets can be attributed to the sheer numbers the clan units have in their ranks!

We have been battling for what seems like forever, winning match after match and still never taking a planet.

Even when we have the planet at 100% the defend que will be at 99+ near the end of an attack cycle and then the clanner hires merc groups to take our planets while we sleep.

It has been a hard fought and epic experience! Numbers have been the largest issue, not enough to secure a planet and not enough IS help to defend what little we have.

We shall march on!

Posted Image

#22 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostJonny Slam, on 06 March 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

We only have four planets left?!
I was travelling with my kids nowhere near a decent internet connection, thanks ye gods I would have freaked out.
I mean, holy crap down to 4, really? I had to zoom all the way in and check, and then when I went to defend? just one defender in cue.
Such a bummer.
And 3 of those 4 are being attacked right now. Boooooooooo!

Yeah I didn't really do anything for CW in the past month or two, though at least there will be a new map.

I'm waiting for the map reset. Once there, we HAVE to start pushing straight to Clan Wolf/Ghost Bear. And if we can win Tukayyid event that'll be a huge bonus too. So... we gotta act after the map reset. There's practically no point in defending/attacking our own planets since Mercs Star or Comstar Irregulars will ghost drop those planets to oblivion. But next map reset... we will return. Stronger, faster, better in strategy, forcing these silly Clanners out of our territory before they start bleeding our territories.

Remember men of the FRR, never give up, no matter how bleak the situation is! We are given a second chance, so then we will strike!

(P.S. Jonny, Paul hinted at solaris, along with George Ledoux, the man who played Duncan Fisher's voice, came in on the stream yesterday giving free stuff. More chance to fight alongside us, without the rage of ghost drops and pugs, all to our soloing skills. I am hoping we can get loyalty points/faction standing for doing well in solaris, maybe persuade more to go to the FRR by doing well in the solaris games :) .).

Edit: Quirks... show that we have been sliding. No more ultra powerful wubverine, no more ultra powerful thudds, slightly better quickdraw 5K (which actually made it quite good, but lost 4H/4G), much better RVN-2X (supreme laser duration quirks, like 40%). So we lost far more mechs in the last patch change. Plus Clanners get quirks next patch... which is the Garg, Ice Ferret, Summoner, and Adder. Even though terribad Mist Lynx will remain bad (sorta good thing for us FRR men). Depends on how hard the quirks are for the Clan mechs. (If Adder gets PPC quirks as good as TDR-9S from before, we may as well got screwed.)

-Oh yeah they nerfed BJ-1DC, battlemasters, banshees, etc, but tbh most of those were already meh, so not too much change there.

Edited by luxebo, 08 March 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#23 Dennma

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFRR, unknown Coordinates

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

View PostJonny Slam, on 06 March 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

We only have four planets left?!

I was travelling with my kids nowhere near a decent internet connection, thanks ye gods I would have freaked out.

I mean, holy crap down to 4, really? I had to zoom all the way in and check, and then when I went to defend? just one defender in cue.

Such a bummer.

And 3 of those 4 are being attacked right now. Boooooooooo!

Down to the one, now

#24 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:23 AM

View PostDennma, on 08 March 2015 - 12:27 AM, said:

Down to the one, now

Two, plus the capital. For now anyway. Noticed we also lack an attack option on the puppies. Maybe because they can't attack us? Didn't look too closely, maybe someone should tweet PGI about that. Or tweet us a wormhole of our own....

#25 EldenLance

• PipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:41 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 07 March 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Yeah, IS lost the 9S and haven't been able to really hold the line since.

Never used them before, though I've got one by winning some event back then.

We do still have the 1N however. Actually, the dragon should be more widespread among the ranks of FRR since it was officially adopted by KungsArme. (While the 9S was only produced by Olivetti Weaponary, which is based in Lyran space)

As for the fighting - we are fighting and we are winning battles. Come and join us at FRR hub, Jonny Slam, and you'll see it yourself.

Remember men of the FRR, never give up, no matter how bleak the situation is!

That is true. But to say it with a clear heart we might not stop fighting to wait for the map reset.
Do not put much hope into the reset - better put it into our battle-hardened warriors and their battle-honed skill.
In short - quit slacking and get your mechs fielded to CW.

#26 Sam Browne

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBelfast

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:57 AM

This thread is meaty.

FRR sounds like fun. Where does an ungifted amateur sign up?

#27 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:35 AM

View PostSam Browne, on 23 March 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

This thread is meaty.

FRR sounds like fun. Where does an ungifted amateur sign up?

FRR Hub is a good starting point to meet units. Play some games with the organized groups on the Hub and then join the one you have most common ground with.

Its actually quite fun, tbh. Personally I could live with a little less attention from the big groups like -MS-, but sometimes you just gotta take attention as the compliment that it is and enjoy it....

#28 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:00 AM

The FRR has my full respect as a freelance Merc. You guys have fought much harder and way longer than any of us could have anticipated, wheras pragmatism turned the rest of the IS against each other.

I'm considering to preemptively break my contract and aid you in your cause.

#29 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostEldenLance, on 10 March 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

That is true. But to say it with a clear heart we might not stop fighting to wait for the map reset.
Do not put much hope into the reset - better put it into our battle-hardened warriors and their battle-honed skill.
In short - quit slacking and get your mechs fielded to CW.

Also keep in mind... If the map reset never comes, it wouldn't be the first time PGI said one thing and did another.

If everybody stopped fighting and waited, then the reset might happen. However, if that happened ComWar altogether could die off.

#30 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:27 AM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 23 March 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

The FRR has my full respect as a freelance Merc. You guys have fought much harder and way longer than any of us could have anticipated, wheras pragmatism turned the rest of the IS against each other.

I'm considering to preemptively break my contract and aid you in your cause.

You would be welcome if you did.
The best thing about the FRR isn't even that we did better than anybody expected, we are actually doing better than you think right now. Not only do we win most of our matches, but in the matches we lose, we do not get roflstomped, ever.
We can go with a random group against -MS- and we might lose, but we still make them work for it.

#31 KapitanJewFro

• Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 11 posts
  • Locationgarrison on Strato Domingo

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

might start building an IS deck and drop for you guys for a bit if you don't mind a green horn with only a months experience droping with you guys

#32 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:15 PM

yes we have lose teritory but we have made the claners work for every step we have the ability we just need to reform and push again

#33 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

View PostKapitanJewFro, on 23 March 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

might start building an IS deck and drop for you guys for a bit if you don't mind a green horn with only a months experience droping with you guys

You should, for one we have a lot of players who would be happy to take spend some time showing you the ropes and then we got shitloads of fun stomping clanners.

#34 Rehooja

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:40 AM

I joined the FRR to fight to the bitter end! The more challenging the opponent, the better I like it!

#35 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:41 AM

View PostSam Browne, on 23 March 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

Where does an ungifted amateur sign up?

I'm thinking "ungifted amateurs" signing up might be part of the FRR's problem? ;)

Edited by Appogee, 24 March 2015 - 02:41 AM.

#36 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:44 AM

For those claiming that the FRR is winning all its fights but losing planets due to numbers, I can attest to this. I've been tracking my CW stats as of late and my W/L ratio is 5.0 at the moment.

25 wins.
5 losses.

29 of those matches were directed at attacking a Wolf planet. 1 match was a defense of an FRR planet.

We don't fight like soldiers. We fight like men. We fight like vikings. We crumple all in our wake, and when a worthy foe finally arrives to face us, we die valiantly and make sure it's a night that they will remember for generations to come.

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once."

Shakespeare was a true viking.

It is understandable that the weaker of heart have jumped ship by now and left us to dust. Beseech not us true vikings who remain in stead of this imminent defeat, but rather those who have already proven their cowardice and fled to other establishments. They are no longer here to hear your cries and pleads, and what remains of our true warriors will not stand to be belittled by the likes of someone who has not been here to witness firsthand the extent to which our men have fought to preserve the Innersphere's Last Republic as it neared this brink of extinction.

It is true that many of us joined the FRR with the understanding that there was little hope from the very beginnings. This does not mean we didn't give it our all. If you wish to play for planetary conquest, I suggest you join the Clans or one of the Southern Houses, it seems to be their cup of tea. But if you wish to have the time of your life instead, stay with us. We may end soon, but our candle will never flicker even once before it becomes fully extinguished. We give up when the fight is over. The fight is never over.

#37 REAVER NINE

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:15 AM

FRR ..... well books /lore/game knowledge they got pounded into the stars buy ohhh CLAN WOLF and GHOST BEAR< So yea y should game play be any different. IS house's would just as soon pummel each other into scrap than work together. Clans do have the same problems., So iam not sayn we dont. IN the end this is a game suck it up and deal with it.

#38 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

View Postnihtwalker, on 24 March 2015 - 03:15 AM, said:

FRR ..... well books /lore/game knowledge they got pounded into the stars buy ohhh CLAN WOLF and GHOST BEAR< So yea y should game play be any different.

Because in books/lore neither Clan Wolf nor Clan Ghost Bear beat the FRR by numbers (or at least they rarely did).

#39 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostAppogee, on 24 March 2015 - 02:41 AM, said:

I'm thinking "ungifted amateurs" signing up might be part of the FRR's problem? ;)

How do I wish we would have an border with Davion, I would love to challenge you to a few CW matches. You could bring 11 more people of your choosing and I would bring whoever happens to be on the FRR hub on that time. Sadly you won't ever know how wrong you are.

Our random groups give some of the best CW teams a tough fight.

Edited by Klappspaten, 24 March 2015 - 07:47 AM.

#40 Sam Browne

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBelfast

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostAppogee, on 24 March 2015 - 02:41 AM, said:

I'm thinking &quot;ungifted amateurs&quot; signing up might be part of the FRR's problem? ;)

You could be right, but I doubt it... Just in-case, I'll make sure I sign up to Davion to bring your obviously too high standards down some. Or maybe not. Whichever house I join, whenever I get good, you've ensured that House Davion will be absolutely top of my priority target list ;)
Thanks for the help :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users