#21 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostEasyPickings, on 16 March 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

All of my JR7 builds are 30 or over alpha: JR7-D = 37.2 (4xML 2xSRM4), JR7-F(C) = 30 (6xML), JR7-O = 34.4 (4xSRM4). The Oxide is the slowest with an XL285, and the F(C) sports an XL300. Yes, the large CT is a problem, but if you play smart and are lucky you can easily break 400 damage each game.

that JR7-D has got to be hot, and slower than usual. i've seen them with 4x smalls and 2x srm-4 but even that is a little warm. whatever floats your boat though. the F is the easy one to get 30 points on, but 6 mediums is also hot and done better on other mechs these days.

but hey, if you can play it good for you.

Edited by FerrolupisXIII, 16 March 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#22 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

4xMl and 2xSRM4 is hot, no doubt about it but not unmanageable. What it does well its to strafe three times unloading an alpha each time causing a lot of damage. If you can sneak up behind a long range medium or heavy even better. I prefer the Jenner D to the O as the latter is clunky without jump jets.

As for getting killed instantly, never run in a straight line. Imagine you are about eight pints in when piloting it, that is the aim. The jump jets are your savior, when running away tap them to change direction and speed to throw off their aim. I also run mine with 6 or 8 points of head armour as you hardly ever get head shotted

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

View PostMole, on 07 March 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

Jenner CT: Rear, 2. Front, all the armors!

Now relish in being invincible.

#24 DarkonFullPower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostTarogato, on 14 March 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

the trick is to put all your armour in the front CT, and then make sure the enemy only ever shoots your front CT

So it's like piloting a Dragon? Huh. I thought only Dragons had "inverted" twisting as a legit tactic.
Whole new world of respect for the mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users