• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

The SECOND Trial of Bloodright will take place on the 25th of April. Like last time, four slots are available, with three filled by sponsorship and the fourth determined by grand melee.

#63 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

Congratulations go out to Sibko Cadets Bekanor and Jaroth Corbett on successfully completing the training program. As the first of the cadets to go through the system, we expect you two to be well equipped with the skills necessary to not only succeed at your upcoming trial of position, but to be a worthy asset on the field of battle.

Additionally, congratulations to Cadet fallenrin on completing the first third of the training system.

#64 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

Posted Image

Congratulations Jaroth Corbett on passing through the flames of battle and wresting your right to claim the title of Mechwarrior. May you continue to uphold the Clan's honor and integrity both on and off the fields of combat.

#65 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:35 AM

Playing around with quirks yesterday with fellow Nova Cats.

Nova:

10% less heat from ER lasers is definitely noticeable, as is the additional durability, though this match did not test it as much as several others. The mild maneuverability quirks are enjoyable, as well. Overall, the mech feels closer to where it should be. I just need to get used to how freakishly wide its arms are.

Warhawk:

Structural durability of the side torsos and arms are up, and was much needed. I also found I get one extra shot from my twin ERPPC before overheating when using the Prime's arm which makes for a small change in ease of heat management with the build. The SRM tightness buff is barely felt, however, but, hey, it is something! Given how well I usually do in the mech, however, I hardly see the difference now.

I tried to test out the Adder (spladder) setup, but hit detection kept pissing in my Cheerios. When a Panther takes 144 damage to the center torso or a Grasshopper takes 240 to the center torso and neither die, it is time to go to a lower risk vs reward configuration. ¬_¬

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 08 April 2015 - 02:38 AM.

#66 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 08 April 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

Playing around with quirks yesterday with fellow Nova Cats.

Ft. Khan! The mixtape will drop soonTM. Lone Direwolf sneaking up behind the enemy in the tunnel on Crimson was fun for me. :)

#67 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, yeah. Because they were fleeing from the front push. You were just the enima after their scrap was pushed in. :P

As always, NO BRAKES! XD

Edit: Also, I think Gott was confused. You were the only whale. The other "two" were Warhawks. The mechs really look too similar, IMO.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 08 April 2015 - 02:03 PM.

#68 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

their silhouettes do look identical. Ive honestly made this mistake many times before. just have me back there in the video yelling "The docter is in! Prepare thy anuses!"

#69 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

"Must channel the power of DoctaD" had me giggling. XD

#70 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:07 AM

Last night, Torchfire hosted an internal competition. The winner would receive 30 days of premium time and the right to take a vineer.

Pilots Kanajashi, Itousocho, RavenKnight86, Kenku, ChapeL, Dakkaface, bardlord, and GottJammern participated in the tournament. Pilots were paired up for 1v1s, and the victor would proceed along the brackets. In the end, however, it came down to RavenKnight86 and Dakkaface. Only one could take home the prize.

Congratulations Ravenknight86 on your success!

#71 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

Doing what we can on Tukayyid. So far, winning 85% of our encounters, with and without pugs. Even on a loss we shall fight to the last warrior, and do so with twice the ferocity of those we stare down.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 24 April 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#72 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:46 PM

4/25/2015

Second Trial of Bloodright undertaken by Clan Nova Cat Alpha Galaxy in Mechwarrior Online. Video forthcoming. Mechwarrior 0phialacria obtained his slot through Grand Melee, however he was bested by Mechwarrior RavenKnight86. Oathmaster FlareHeart took on Mechwarrior GottJammern and emerged victorious. In the final fight between RavenKnight86 and FlareHeart, FlareHeart secured both victory and her right to claim a bloodname.

Congratulations Oathmaster FlareHeart Devalis.

#73 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:46 AM

Seyla! Congratulations FlareHeart Devalis!

#74 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

Congratulations Flareheart DevaIis!

#75 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

As of Saturday's meeting, Clan Nova Cat International has been deactivated. There were several reasons for this. This includes excessive inactivity in the player base, members of both command and the rest of the ranks being burnt out on MWO, or members, including command, being outright against the balancing methodology and anti-Clan bias PGI has been consistently utilizing. The end result and bottom line was that the player base for the Clan became unviable in supporting an organized group, and members of command were long since past the point of having the energy to solve the issues that kept consistently reoccurring despite numerous attempts to address them.

However, despite that, the TS3 will stay online, as will the website and the in game unit tag. For now. At the very least, the teamspeak server is going nowhere for the time being.

For those who liked to badmouth command but didn't have the cajones to step up to the plate when it was offered up, you get what you sow. To those who have stuck around as active members of the Clan, I absolutely thank you for your commitment and hope to continue playing alongside you all in the future - be it in MWO or any other game. We played together because we liked playing with each other, and I see no reason for that to change.

Good hunting.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 27 May 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#76 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:41 PM

Sad to hear this news. I had fun dropping with you guys in the past.

#77 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:47 PM

May the clan rest well for hopes it may return someday.

#78 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

Sorry to hear this, you're all great people and awesome to drop with.

#79 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:49 PM

I am sad to hear about this, we from Clan Goliath Scorpion will miss you. :(

Any plans, on giving the unit tag to another person interested in the Nova Cats?

#80 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

View Poststevemac, on 27 May 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

Sad to hear this news. I had fun dropping with you guys in the past.

Aye, as did I with you all. Unfortunately, it takes a village to run a Clan, from the basic cadet to the top of the command chain. If the cadets never show up to train, if the warriors never try and advance themselves to higher status, if the people do not log in, and if command gets sick and tired of trying to urge people to do their part, this happens.

I did not want to recruit people because dumping water with a bucket from a floundering ship is no real solution. You need to patch the hole first before you know you can stay afloat. Events were made, rewards were offered, but motivation was lacking. Eventually, apathy set in with not just myself but with FlareHeart as well. Those who gave did what they could until they saw no point in it.

View PostWill9761, on 27 May 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

I am sad to hear about this, we from Clan Goliath Scorpion will miss you. :(

Any plans, on giving the unit tag to another person interested in the Nova Cats?

If someone wants it, they can give me a shout and see what we can do about transitioning it. CNCI is the tag currently registered, however. Literally any other tag imaginable for the Nova Cats should be open, considering we were the only Nova Cats in town in MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users