68 replies to this topic

#1 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

Yes I understand playing against 12 mans can pretty much mean you lose automatically it sucks but I dont see that as an excuse to just quit the match before it's really begun.

Had 2 guys tell the team good luck not facing against a 12 team...if you dont want to face them why bother launching a map without one? All you do is hurt our own experience and you will be reported.

If this trend keeps up there will be no point in playing cw. This needs to be addressed in my opinion as fewer and fewer will want to play it thus making it pointless in being in the game.

#2 Rustycan

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOn a lake in New Brunswick

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:44 PM

I have yet to see this in a CW match.

#3 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 08 March 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

Yes I understand playing against 12 mans can pretty much mean you lose automatically it sucks but I dont see that as an excuse to just quit the match before it's really begun.

Had 2 guys tell the team good luck not facing against a 12 team...if you dont want to face them why bother launching a map without one? All you do is hurt our own experience and you will be reported.

If this trend keeps up there will be no point in playing cw. This needs to be addressed in my opinion as fewer and fewer will want to play it thus making it pointless in being in the game.

So you suggest that everyone play in a 12 man in CW? I bolded the part you said.

#4 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

Basically while ago had a couple of team mates quit the match because we were facing a 12 man so they left. All that does is make sure we do in fact lose and makes the game less fun, at least try man.

I stayed got a couple of kills decent damage done but we had no chance.

I did not suggest that. I'm suggesting if you dont want to face a 12 man be in one yourself.

View PostNgamok, on 08 March 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

So you suggest that everyone play in a 12 man in CW? I bolded the part you said.

I'm having trouble understanding where you got that from. It's quite clear if you read it carefully I guess that I'm suggesting that if you dont want to face against a 12 man team be in one yourself I never said anywhere that everyone should be in a 12 man to play cw...it's not that hard to understand.

#5 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

No, it's not hard to figure out what I said. You said that if someone wants to play CW, they should be in a 12 man because they might come up against another 12 man on the opposing team. But if they can't be in a 12 man and hate going up against another 12 man, they shouldn't bother launching because it might happen. So that means why should they play CW without it.

#6 Rhent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

MWO is poorly, poorly run. They have to understand there are "casuals" and there are "clanners". Putting in a game mode that allows mixing clans versus pugs and you will in some cases have people quitting tanking the match. IF PGI could could code in to allow people to drop into matches already under way, it could help to alleviate some people quitting.

They'd do better to put in a grouped queue and a pug queue and leave it at that for all game modes.

#7 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

Poorly run indeed.

View PostNgamok, on 08 March 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

No, it's not hard to figure out what I said. You said that if someone wants to play CW, they should be in a 12 man because they might come up against another 12 man on the opposing team. But if they can't be in a 12 man and hate going up against another 12 man, they shouldn't bother launching because it might happen. So that means why should they play CW without it.

You still dont get it. I said if you dont want to play against a 12 man team and will quit if you do go up against one then dont play in a random pug because it happens a lot. I say dont quit and actually try to work with your team. I've won agianst a few 12 man teams it's very hard and most of the time we lose more often than win against them but I've never quit one because we were against a 12 man team.

#8 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

thats 8 mechs down if u lose 2 guys. thats a big hit.

#9 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

I made that suggestion two years ago Rhent pug queue(aka non faction solo players) and grouped queue. PGI knows best right? All the good ideas pass them by every year.

#10 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

There should be big penalties for starting and not playing a CW match. It's one thing to go AFK in a pug match; another entirely for an extended length match.

Edited by Greenjulius, 08 March 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#11 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

You just have to lower your expectations while pugging CW... got some kills / decent damage / tried to use voip =good enouggh

#12 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

I'll worry about people quitting a CW match just as soon as they fix spawn camping.

#13 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

View PostRhent, on 08 March 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

They'd do better to put in a grouped queue and a pug queue and leave it at that for all game modes.

The whole point of CW is planetary invasion. So separating groups and solos means what, having two distinct universes? And if small groups want to be separated from the 12-mans, make a third universe? :wacko:

#14 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostMystere, on 08 March 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

The whole point of CW is planetary invasion. So separating groups and solos means what, having two distinct universes? And if small groups want to be separated from the 12-mans, make a third universe? :wacko:

or different parts of the planet.

#15 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostMystere, on 08 March 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

Its called Ranked and Unranked matches. Its not that hard to put into the game. ELO is useless in a random PUG CW versus an organized 12 man lets be frank.

The vast majority of MWO's player base are not in units that can field 12 mans let alone units at all. Create a ranked queue with special rewards that require 12 man units and you'll see more people forming 12 mans and you'll see a lot more people in PUG CW's as well. You know for the vast bulk of players who'd rather PUG and not be in a clan in the first place.

#16 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:51 PM

Ive seen 10-12 mans lose to pugs. Clan 12 mans lose to IS noobs.

Its rare, but it happens. Theres some really bad groups out there.

And its not the 12 mans.

Its the useless casual, I have 190 tons in my drop deck because "reasons" nothing is mastered and I have no space modules.

Thats what makes people lose. Over and over again. I see it ALL the time. MS isnt that fantastic.

But everyone in a herd of mastered Stormcrows with derp and zoom, looks fantastic when youre coming up against a first wave of Kintaros and Vindicators that arent even Basic'd.

You should have to pay 1,000,000 XP off of 4 mechs before you can bring them into CW. Trial mechs being in your dropdeck makes me want to take your PC and throw it out of a window.

#17 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

Vassago said this would happen and he's right.

You let the special few go up against the masses, the masses will cry. They wont spend money to get space bucks, theyll just whine and cry.

I have zero sympathy for IS players who get people who leave their games, because if I was slightly more of a ****, I would too. I see you in your Panther or Kintaro in the first wave. I want to leave. I want to take your keyboard and bash it over your head. I want to send you millions of space bucks so youll buy a real mech, and stop bringing your trash into the Queue, dropping the worst of it first in counter attack, then coming onto the forums and whining about how MS or RJF or WoL touched you.

#18 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostRhent, on 08 March 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

Its called Ranked and Unranked matches. Its not that hard to put into the game. ELO is useless in a random PUG CW versus an organized 12 man lets be frank.

The vast majority of MWO's player base are not in units that can field 12 mans let alone units at all. Create a ranked queue with special rewards that require 12 man units and you'll see more people forming 12 mans and you'll see a lot more people in PUG CW's as well. You know for the vast bulk of players who'd rather PUG and not be in a clan in the first place.

Put ranking in the public queue. Fine. Put it in the upcoming Solaris mode. That's fine too.

But in CW? Why? You're fighting for planets and (albeit highly abstracted) territories within those planets. How will ranking fit into that?

View PostKilo 40, on 08 March 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

or different parts of the planet.

That's a better solution.

Here's another one: different mission types, selectable by the player, requiring different team and drop sizes.

Edited by Mystere, 08 March 2015 - 08:57 PM.

#19 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:10 PM

Not saying that's OK to quit, but what's the point of playing against an attacking IS 12 man group.
99.9% sure that it will be a light rush.

#20 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:36 PM

If people wanted to do 12 man CW, they would be in a clan and drop. What happens is people end up dropping enough times against 12 mans and they quit dropping CW altogether. All that is left over is 12 man groups more times than not and it is Zero Percent sustainable past 12 months. As the Pugs leave the CW queue altogether, 12 mans will have longer and longer queues and then they will have members going inactive because they don't like the 30-60 minute wait because the Puggies left.

The only way this Effed up system of mixed Pug and 12 mans in CW will work is if PGI puts in a scheduling app for the guilds to set up their own matches. Over time, there will be less and less PUGS in CW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users