#61 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostLiquidLlama, on 11 March 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but that's all anecdotal. None of those things are necessarily caused by "new" players. For all you or anyone else knows, some of these "new" players may be better team players than established ones, but you guys'll never know, because you don't want to give them a chance to prove it.

You're absolutely right, nobody can force anyone to do anything - which, incidentally, is what you, Krafty, and others are proposing: Forcing a wall between new players and a significant portion of the game. "Letting" someone gain experience before joining CW implies a choice, which is what we have now; "forcing" someone to gain experience means sitting in the public queue, getting **** upon by the matchmaker, and having to slowly grind away space bucks in Trial 'Mechs until we can finally afford ONE mediocre something, rinse, repeat. At least CW provides some sort of variety, which I appreciate; locking off that variety - as small as it may be - will guarantee a quick trip to Boredomville, and then right on to Uninstallopolis.

As far as "lone wolfing" goes, I'm in a small unit with a friend, and he cares nothing for CW... honestly, I can't blame him, what with the prevailing attitudes, but he's also been playing for a lot longer than I have, and what CW is apparently isn't what was supposed to be. Just because I'm not in a large, supersrsbzns MEGAUNIT doesn't mean I'm not a team player - absolutely the opposite - but I guess it doesn't matter since I'm just a bad whose voice has no merit when it comes to these sorts of things.

I'm well aware, but you could have fooled me with some of the comments.

You're right, and I apologize for helping to derail the thread. Newbs, noobs, Trials or not, quitting is weak regardless of whether or not you're up against a full 12-man, two 6-mans, or whatever. It might be a "viable tactic," but it's a **** move and does nothing but ruin the game for everyone else.

There should be pretty stiff C-Bill and/or Faction rep (if applicable) penalties for quitting a CW match, probably based on the number of 'Mechs left in the deck. Maybe that's not really feasible, I don't know, but there's got to be some way to punish people for being doucheknuckles.

Well said and no hard feelings dude. I believe everyone should have fun with the game, and honestly I dont mind losing a match as long as I put in a solid effort and tried to help out, but some guys like the ones that quit made it impossible to even have a decent chance to have a semi even match. Was a roll over and those are never fun, event he enemy team understood how we felt.

I think losing a bunch of cbills would help prevent quitters, and those who just afk the whole match for easy points without earning them.

#62 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostMystere, on 11 March 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

I only play solo and enjoy CW quite a lot. And I can't recall being made to feel unwelcome.

Don't be a selfish ****.

He isn't, he clearly has some issues. Nobody of 100% sound thinking would spew the stuff he does. The most, humongous chip-on-shoulder I have ever seen vs anyone that groups together. Unfortunately, he has managed to spread his hate message far and wide.

#63 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

I think having trial mechs not playable in cw would help as those typically have horrible builds for this game mode.

I played like 3 matches today oddly enough against the 12 man teams we did very well almost won one, won the next one but against a pug we got stomped because on hellboro the team wanted to stay in c3 even though ti's the worst part of the map to defend against...Had half the team screaming for those in c3 to leave it so we could hit them from two sides they decided to rush out alone instead and die nearly instantly.

Like 4 players had no more than 200 damage using all the mechs.

Edited by Darth Bane001, 29 March 2015 - 01:59 PM.

#64 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

After 2 days of stomps and no fun in cw due to going against nothing but 12 man teams trash talking I'm done. Just gonna stick to regular matches for a good long while the stalker is destroying us in waves, all they do is poptart on a hill and we cant really do much about it, you only see laser boats on those mechs anyways it's gotten pretty dull picture to look at.

qq more whatever but when you no longer have fun playing the game it's time to take a break.

#65 Morhadel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

There is only one time that i ever quit when playing CW. I pug 95% of my games and most of those are fun but then we will come up against a unit that light Jumpjet rushes, kills all the objectives, takes the orbital down to 10% and then lets you kill them. Then they come and spend 30 min grinding as much cbills and xp out of us and if they start to loose they just need one or two shots on the orbital. Im not going to waist my time on a match that was lost in the first 5 min, because the rest of the team wont listen when i warned them about the light rush.

#66 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

There are currently, what, 3 maps in CW?

This means that nobody is bothering with operational or strategic tactics. every battle is reduced to predictable matches. you either prepare for those, or you fail.

PGI needs to have at minimum 10 maps. MWQ:LL, despite the issues with that version, had more maps when development ceased than PGI had at the "end of beta". PGI STILL has not caught up with MW:LL in the number of maps.

Frankly, the community should boycott until more maps are released. They released a minimally viable game and it shows.

#67 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

I'd agree to that if it were not for the fact that I have like over a month of premium time that will just burn away and money farther wasted. Not enough people are going to just stop playing the game, you will always have whales that hold companies like this up. It makes me really question my wave 3 purchase, cw is why this game really exist even though it's been long time in coming.

I've had a few great games that were fun but that was when IS wasn't just spamming hte 4n stalker that mech is so freaking unbalanced, you dont see any varients with that mech anymore.

It's time IS lasers got the nerf hammer, the clan laser nerf crippled out ability to really do great damage at range or hell laser range at all it's all dakka now.

I decided to refund wave 3 I dont see myself playing cw much anymore.

Edited by Darth Bane001, 12 April 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#68 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

Now that they nerfed our best best to oblivion I'm not even going to play cw anymore, or this game for a good while for that matter I need to get away from this game I feel like I'm playing destiny and I stopped playing that a monther after it was released though I played it a ton during that time.

#69 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:03 PM

Oh noes.... He's quitting....

How ever will we be able to go on???

I has a sad.

Posted Image

Oh wait. I know.

Because the game's fun and I enjoy it.

Carry on folks. We'll be able to muddle along without him.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users