#41 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 13 March 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:

There is no grand zerg. We roll with 4-12 during off peak hours and 12-36 during peak times. It's not turret drops, its just mostly crappy enemies and a lot of heavy drinking to make it more interesting. When I started CW I was staying mostly sober so I didn't handicap the team. Now I get wasted because it's boring fighting ten groups of scrubs before you run into a real team and the self induced cone of fire helps keep it vaguely competitive. It sucks losing to more of the real teams than you would, but at least it keeps the scrub matches playable. Such is life...

View Posthybrid black, on 13 March 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

We didn't turret drop, Templars gave us good fights all night

I'm sorry guys, I really am. We do have what 7 fronts? Don't take it personally, CSJ has a huge chunk of our territory, Marik declared war on us, and CJF is a new opponent and we are looking forward to fighting some units we haven't had a chance to fight in CW much yet. If those borders quiet down a bit who knows? We might drop in for a little exhibition match or two. I don't make calls like that though.

#42 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

Posted Image

#43 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostAbivard, on 13 March 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

Did you just out yourself as having a kuritan alt?

Uh, what? He means Kurita only has 6 active fronts. The 7th front against CJF does not count because we are busy dealing with the scrub Steiner zerg.

#44 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

Hopefully PHL is on this morning. They give a good fight. Otherwise, it's time for dabs, dragon age, and forumwarrior online.

#45 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 13 March 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Hopefully PHL is on this morning. They give a good fight. Otherwise, it's time for dabs, dragon age, and forumwarrior online.

They left HK didn't they?

#46 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

They left HK didn't they?

FFS.

*fires up the blowtorch*

#47 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:56 AM

yep PHL went steiner :)

#48 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

Because if anyone needed more teams, it was totally steiner.

FML. Guys, you're just going to drive off the pugs.

#49 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

There needs to be some sort of map readout to show what the current ACTIVE population is on each border, so teams can move to where they are needed instead of blindly jumping to new contracts and finding out everyone else did the same thing.

#50 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

Hardkor, your guys genuinely do. The TK'ing you're talking about happened in that match because your guys in MS actively yelled at their own team to wait at spawn and they started getting upset with them. They sat in the mountain pass at Boreal for nearly 15 minutes first. If you want to ask them yourselves I remember them specifically saying, 'while we keep you here you're losing your planet'. Maybe you don't sandbag, but plenty of your unit does and its no isolated incident with yourselves or CI.

#51 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:55 AM

I have never ever ever seen this. AFAIK the general strategy is to kill the enemy, not bore them.

In all the games I have participated in, it's more of a rabid attack to see who can outscore whom. Win or lose, same thing, just a bunch of guys trying to get past 2000.

Edited by HARDKOR, 13 March 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#52 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

I believe you dude, but there's some bad apples in your unit that do it as well as CI (who were following MS around and attacking the same targets for your last few contracts with wolf and davion)

here's footage of CI doing it to a 228 team. Knowing we could get the guys who stalled us or a CI team doing this

has made it so nobody wants bother playing either of y'all at the moment. Get these people to knock it off and you'll probably see a lot more matches, nobody wants to wait 30 more minutes after they get a match.

#53 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostScoops Kerensky, on 13 March 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

I believe you dude, but there's some bad apples in your unit that do it as well as CI (who were following MS around and attacking the same targets for your last few contracts with wolf and davion)

here's footage of CI doing it to a 228 team. Knowing we could get the guys who stalled us or a CI team doing this

has made it so nobody wants bother playing either of y'all at the moment. Get these people to knock it off and you'll probably see a lot more matches, nobody wants to wait 30 more minutes after they get a match.

Posted Image

#54 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

Brave Samurai drinks
A toast to his defeated
die clanners ha ha

Edited by dervishx5, 13 March 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#55 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 13 March 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Posted Image

TL;DW: CI is terribad and wants to hold up one of the best teams so they could get a dot on the map. One of their players streamed the whole thing along with their coms, and everyone laughed and laughed and laughed at CI for all of eternity.

#56 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 13 March 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Posted Image

No idea, it is blocked on the grounds of copyright laws in my country.

(Can't be bothered to use a proxy atm)

#57 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:16 AM

Gotta love a game where due to broken game mechanics all the best players play primarily the worst players instead of each other. All the good units primarily attack, pugs defend, everyone gets to feel like they are a special snowflake. Throw rush and delay tactics on top of that and you have a truly third rate mechwarrior experience. Lamesauce.

I never thought I would look back at sitting in a room on the zone trolling for games with fondness, but it was infinitely more effective at generating a good gaming experience.

Edited by HARDKOR, 13 March 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#58 callmejon

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 76 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:27 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 13 March 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

If -MS- wants fights, they honestly might want to consider going CJF and attacking Steiner. Steiner (and IS pugs) still show up all the time and Steiner does not have the coordination to simply 'not fight' and focus on a different target like Kurita does. As Steiner does not actually have another active border besides CJF (Marik and Kurita borders are essentially dead) it is not like they have much choice in Community Warfare.

Plus they have not joined our faction yet and they could earn those sweet faction rewards =P

-MS- wants fights come visit us in RasalHague we have plenty for you to do and plenty of mead for you to drink as a Kuritan on transfer who prefers Sake i must say they do have rather Exceptional Mead and lots of clanners to smash around

#59 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

the Marik declaration of war (yeah I'm sure many of each side didn't really want that war, but it seems like most of the people who did kind of disappeared? On the Marik side anyway)

Honestly, the "Marik Declaration of war" was kinda posted up on the forums before it even got voted on (if you recall that mess). It was a draft to be voted on from my (limited) understanding of the events. (I was not involved personally on any of it.)

From there, it was voted on. Yet, despite the vote, I wasn't seeing very much activity on that front when I was on the game. Maybe three 12 mans on each side? (Kurita typically brought a fourth 12 man, sometimes fifth one.) Does leave that question... where were the backers of the war?)

I'd still rather the war stop, but war is here between us. Most I can do now is post up nods at the groups that played well and didn't troll us during our matches. Those units that play respectfully during this time of aggression have my returned respect. (Considering how this whole war thing started...)

#60 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

View PostTesunie, on 13 March 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Honestly, the "Marik Declaration of war" was kinda posted up on the forums before it even got voted on

but two days after it got acted on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users