217 replies to this topic

#41 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:13 AM

How the frick do you hire mercenaries...that is a trick I have yet to learn. Some one please tell me so we can bolster our ranks lol. Oh and of course we want to be the first to reach Terra but cutting wolf off and opening a corridor into Kurita space will over tax our very limited population. Is a bit late though, appears Kurita came to us and we are struggling to hold what we took and even losing several planets in the last week or so. Wolf is set to over take us, at least being further South than us so I'm not sure what you're all worked up about. CW has the population needed to push further South and as long as we have to hold off Kurita and Steiner, it's unlikely we will be beating anyone to Terra. Fun race though :)

Edited by Pat Kell, 20 March 2015 - 01:14 AM.

#42 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:47 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 20 March 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

How the frick do you hire mercenaries...that is a trick I have yet to learn. Some one please tell me so we can bolster our ranks lol. Oh and of course we want to be the first to reach Terra but cutting wolf off and opening a corridor into Kurita space will over tax our very limited population. Is a bit late though, appears Kurita came to us and we are struggling to hold what we took and even losing several planets in the last week or so. Wolf is set to over take us, at least being further South than us so I'm not sure what you're all worked up about. CW has the population needed to push further South and as long as we have to hold off Kurita and Steiner, it's unlikely we will be beating anyone to Terra. Fun race though :)

So.. you've intentionally been trying to cut us off?
You're lucky that all major Clan Wolf units have a strict policy against attacking CJF planets (with the exception of the one week where we literally had no other attack lanes other than CJF that happened 2 months ago)

View Postjeirhart, on 19 March 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

Are you suggesting that Falcon would race across Kurita and cut off Wolf?

That we would intentionally pick a fight with the proven powerhouse of the Draconis Combine (with all IS houses willing to support them) while simultaneously having to fend off belligerent Steiners and deal with hungry Wolves looking to cut a path through us towards Terra?

At least there's someone who cares about the relation that CW and CFJ have had for the last decade or so.

Edited by Lawrence Elsa, 20 March 2015 - 01:52 AM.

#43 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:05 AM

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 20 March 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

So.. you've intentionally been trying to cut us off?
You're lucky that all major Clan Wolf units have a strict policy against attacking CJF planets (with the exception of the one week where we literally had no other attack lanes other than CJF that happened 2 months ago)

At least there's someone who cares about the relation that CW and CFJ have had for the last decade or so.

It's not our policy to cut off Clan Wolf,

#44 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

I think you may have misread my post. I was actually trying to point out that cutting you off would be a bad thing for both of us. I said that we wanted to reach Terra first as all clans do but cutting you off would force us into a position that would make it impossible to beat anyone therefore, we actively try to not cut you guys off.

#45 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

ahh, makes sense, especially considering that having -MS- around has opened the floodgates for other mercs to join

#46 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 20 March 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

Everyone gets a taste of what CSJ has been dealing with and fighting through for a looong time. Kurita has great units and many good fights have been had. Just keep pushing everyone, keep those corridors clean and push for Terra. Once we get there we can hash out who is top dog (or kitty, Green chicken or bugbear).

#47 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 22 March 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

Everyone gets a taste of what CSJ has been dealing with and fighting through for a looong time. Kurita has great units and many good fights have been had.

Probably why Jaguar pugs are considered the best solo players out of all the factions. Nothing like some good, "trial by fire," so to speak.

#48 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:06 PM

Clan wolf is trying to block clan jade falcons attack lane. Wolf has taken Arcturus and will be trying to get Garrison next. Interesting how JF makes a commitment not to block Wolf's attack lane but Wolf doesn't extend the curtsey

Edited by Czarr, 22 March 2015 - 11:14 PM.

#49 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:46 AM

Armando...pay attention to that guys tags, he is from house liao and thrives on mayhem. We are not concerned with you cutting us off as you would literally have to go to the edge of steiner space to do it. No one from CJF is trying to paint you as bad guys. Thank you for taking Kurita out of our lane and no worries about where you go next. We will go around. Czarr is simply trying to stir up trouble, don't let him..

#50 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:48 AM

View PostArmando, on 22 March 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

Is that what you want us to be Czarr? Because you keep talking like that and we might just give you what you want.

Posted Image

#51 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 23 March 2015 - 12:46 AM, said:

Armando...pay attention to that guys tags, he is from house liao and thrives on mayhem. We are not concerned with you cutting us off as you would literally have to go to the edge of steiner space to do it. No one from CJF is trying to paint you as bad guys. Thank you for taking Kurita out of our lane and no worries about where you go next. We will go around. Czarr is simply trying to stir up trouble, don't let him..

Looking at the profile, I see what you mean. Sorry for my confusion (what can I say, other than I am not the brightest bulb in the box at my best, and @ 2am, I'm not at my best. lol). Post has been deleted (to hide my shame) Carry on fine sir. o7

Edited by Armando, 23 March 2015 - 03:56 AM.

#52 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:55 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 23 March 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

Posted Image

I resemble that remark.

#53 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:00 AM

Anyone notice how Ghost Bear ran outta steam completely? They only have like 54 planets compared to the 84-88 of the other 3 Clans.

#54 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostTheSilken, on 23 March 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

Anyone notice how Ghost Bear ran outta steam completely? They only have like 54 planets compared to the 84-88 of the other 3 Clans.

Okay so quick summary of that situation (CGB leadership feel free to correct)

-CGB active permanent contract population in CW was never that large to begin with. A good chunk was CGBI, but then you had both -MS- and CI calling them 'home' or at least their summer salmon grounds.

-So whenever those two mercenary units join CGB, the faction surged South (and occasionally East/West).Again this is active 'boots on the ground' not simply total population size.

-However when those two units left, the remaining active population was significantly reduced and (occasionally) had angry neighbors who were all too happy to take back the planets lost.

-CGB ended up losing planets to all three other Clan factions eventually, in addition to losing planets to FRR, Steiner and Kurita. Losing planets like that caused some of their loyalist to... retire.

-Additionally some loyalist joined up with -MS- full time on their tour around the IS.

-Recently, both -MS- and CI have shunned CGB, joining Clan Wolf instead so even the 50% of the time factor disappeared

-Other mercenary units appear to be avoiding contracts with CGB. I may be mistaken as I do not track them, but it certainly appears that way.

Meanwhile;
CJF has a number of active units who (while not massive) play often and are quite skilled. We also occasionally host some of the smaller merc groups. I would list you all here but I do not want to slight anyone by forgetting your names. Our major issue continues to be one of population disparity (especially when we had multiple active borders) but the GBs generally have it worse.

CSJ has maintained an active loyal core of players ever since the initial dry period at the beginning of CW and has been bolstered by 228th and other 'merc groups as well. They have been forged by the fire that is Kurita's own loyal population. With a begrudging respect with Kurita and no additional active borders, their focus is clear.

CW has (if nothing else) sheer numbers on their side but they too have an organized core of loyal units and have benefited recently by the assistance of -MS- and CI. Whether that moment continues when those units leave is the question. I, for one, certainly hope it does.

#55 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:22 AM

I know the situations, especially Smoke Jag, was just pointing out a fact so that those Bears get rolling again instead of hibernating ;)

#56 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:29 AM

You forgot the special events. When I need a match score of 80 for an event that gives me more than having a planet, and infamous units zerg with light rushes which gives them a score of 15, why would I play CW?

#57 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:34 AM

Do some wolfs still other fighting the broken algorithm?

I just hope round 2 of CW will be with non broken algorithm.

#58 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:00 AM

Neg my little primitive barbaric clanner friend, our supreme and wise leader is no friend of the federated commonwealth nor its Steiner ally who is married to one hanse davion, therefore an invasion of house Steiner only benefits the confederation. Isn't that why the clsns invaded because a Comstar explorer ship found the planet of huntress and because of the Steiner and davion alliance? so we have a common enemy. And i write this cause you may soon find yourself cut off from attacking house Steiner , forced by Comstar agent algrathem to fight clan wolf. Or maybe I'm just a word of blakist who is plotting for the take over of terra by the clans :)

Edited by Czarr, 23 March 2015 - 06:15 AM.

#59 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostCzarr, on 23 March 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

Neg my little primitive barbaric clanner friend, our supreme and wise leader is no friend of the federated commonwealth nor its Steiner ally who is married to one hanse davion, therefore an invasion of house Steiner only benefits the confederation. Isn't that why the clsns invaded because a Comstar explorer ship found the planet of huntress and because of the Steiner and davion alliance? so we have a common enemy. And i write this cause you may soon find yourself cut off from attacking house Steiner , forced by Comstar agent algrathem to fight clan wolf. Or maybe I'm just a word of blakist who is plotting for the take over of terra by the clans :)

Posted Image

#60 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:12 AM

Lol , did that dirty mutt think I was a green chicken??? I didn't read his post but how quick he was to dive into fighting words against jafe falcon, it's almost like he wants wolf and jafe dalcon to fight, as if they planned it like that

Edited by Czarr, 23 March 2015 - 07:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users