Clans Getting Pushed Back

217 replies to this topic

#81 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:45 AM

ForumWarrior Online has never been better than it has since CW came out. It easily qualifies as my favorite game mode to watch. I only hope that when the game becomes available on Steam, we get to watch more live streams like this one today!

#82 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:56 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 23 March 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

Okay so quick summary of that situation (CGB leadership feel free to correct)

-CGB active permanent contract population in CW was never that large to begin with. A good chunk was CGBI, but then you had both -MS- and CI calling them 'home' or at least their summer salmon grounds.

-So whenever those two mercenary units join CGB, the faction surged South (and occasionally East/West).Again this is active 'boots on the ground' not simply total population size.

-However when those two units left, the remaining active population was significantly reduced and (occasionally) had angry neighbors who were all too happy to take back the planets lost.

-CGB ended up losing planets to all three other Clan factions eventually, in addition to losing planets to FRR, Steiner and Kurita. Losing planets like that caused some of their loyalist to... retire.

-Additionally some loyalist joined up with -MS- full time on their tour around the IS.

-Recently, both -MS- and CI have shunned CGB, joining Clan Wolf instead so even the 50% of the time factor disappeared

-Other mercenary units appear to be avoiding contracts with CGB. I may be mistaken as I do not track them, but it certainly appears that way.

Meanwhile;
CJF has a number of active units who (while not massive) play often and are quite skilled. We also occasionally host some of the smaller merc groups. I would list you all here but I do not want to slight anyone by forgetting your names. Our major issue continues to be one of population disparity (especially when we had multiple active borders) but the GBs generally have it worse.

CSJ has maintained an active loyal core of players ever since the initial dry period at the beginning of CW and has been bolstered by 228th and other 'merc groups as well. They have been forged by the fire that is Kurita's own loyal population. With a begrudging respect with Kurita and no additional active borders, their focus is clear.

CW has (if nothing else) sheer numbers on their side but they too have an organized core of loyal units and have benefited recently by the assistance of -MS- and CI. Whether that moment continues when those units leave is the question. I, for one, certainly hope it does.

Seems about right at least from the GB aspect.

#83 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

It is missing the point that GB had treaties with other clans which got ignored by CI and MS, they intentionally broke them and created trouble which drew GB units from the front. Not to mention that Kurita units keep on abusing light rushes while Steiner and Rasalhague units at least give us honorable fights. On the other side we see CGBI as a Solahma unit and look down upon them.

#84 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:02 AM

To be fair, we in the Clans did not know that mercs could fight for the Clans or that they had already contracted with who they contracted with. As a former member of CGBI I can say this was especially true of us. We had Clan Wolf spitting fire at us for attacking them but we never did, only to find out is was [insert merc unit here]. They are their own entities.

#85 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

After reading alot of this getting pushed back and seeing the star map myself. I wanna purpose something alittle crazy. Since this being clearly a numbers game as what we can see with FRR and people flocking to them causing a major pushback on the mercless Bears and wolves. Why not, all the clans fall under one faction. I know.. there's faction pride and blahdy blahdy blah and everything but look at it this way.

A more focused clan without spreading into 4 diffrent ones with huge numbers and good comms between us can hold off all invading forces and continue the push to Terra. Will people do it? probably not. but one can dream and damn would it be a strong force to be reckoned with. I think then we can call ourselves the "True Star League." as Kerensky would've wanted.

#86 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

I believe Jade Falcon commanders are halting offensive operations and focusing on defense for the moment
I think maybe the other clans should do the same as none of the clans as the numbers to advance further to the IS at least till PGI fixes the inbalance issue

that's the problem with Battletech...way to many factions, works well in table top but not for online gaming. maybe even the odds a little PGI and give us nova cats, steel viper and diamond sharks

lol my post contradicts itself but oohh well

Edited by Grimwill, 31 March 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#87 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 31 March 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

That's the problem with Battletech...way to many factions, works well in table top but not for online gaming.

Precisely this. I would go further and say just make the clans one giant entity so that it embodies all the clans as a whole. We have our unit tags to separate us so, why not?

#88 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 31 March 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Precisely this. I would go further and say just make the clans one giant entity so that it embodies all the clans as a whole. We have our unit tags to separate us so, why not?

Because Clans ought to be able to fight other Clans. Just like Innersphere Houses ought to be able to fight other Houses. Which we do.

The issue is that mercs switch around all over all the time. That issue can be fixed by loyalist units stepping up to the plate and offering a better experience.

Right now neither IS or Clan is winning, The mercs are. The CWe can't be won just ingame, it has to be won out of game with politicking too. This is how Planetary Leagues have always been. Mercs will run the show if you let them.

#89 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

true. It was just a thought. so your right it should be that way and also just shows how much more work CW needs to be worked on. No separation between factions and mercs. Throwing bodies at ghost drops wins planets. I really dont blame people for saying "yeah this mode blows."

Still like the other idea though just to break the game.

Edited by LastKhan, 31 March 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#90 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostBSK, on 24 March 2015 - 03:03 AM, said:

(...) On the other side we see CGBI as a Solahma unit and look down upon them.

Posted Image

#91 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

View PostBSK, on 24 March 2015 - 03:03 AM, said:

On the other side we see CGBI as a Solahma unit and look down upon them.

You see Community Warfare, we see a beta testing simulation. We put enough effort in to the mode, but also have a good time grinding our machines to a finer edge, honing the skills of our pilots. Why dedicate ourselves in full to an effort that is being wiped in 22 days? Even so, you may dedicate yourselves to Community Warfare and CGBI has a ebb and flow of both modes and styles. You have Community Warfare, we have Community. I like it like that.

Edited by CoffiNail, 31 March 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#92 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

One thing I think is really weird are these complaints how CW is pointless or terrible, or boring.

I don't see how CW matches are much different than a normal match. Cept you get 4 mechs. You have an objective to complete, just like in regular mode.

But then people say its pointless. Well I don't know what you all are expecting. God mode once you take a planet? Back when we had planetary leagues in MW2, MW3, and MW4, and even a little in MWLL.. taking a planet got you.. nothing ingame. Absolutely nothing.

It was ran by Third Party League sites. Taking a planet turned a dot to the color of your faction. That's it, nothing more. And you know what? We were fine with that. Granted units were limited by what mechs they had that they could take. But is MWO that much different? If you don't own a Daishi, I want you to drop in one.. oh wait, you can't. You need to buy one. You can't just select it. The only difference between then and now, is its individual based instead of unit based.

How many of you want a unit leader to tell you what mech you can take? Hell how many of you want to be forced to join a unit to participate in CW? That's how it was in the past.

Here you control what mechs you take. Here you get goodies (cbills and in the future, unlocks). Here you are not restricted to joining a unit to participate. Its much better than how it used to be. But yet.. how it used to be wasn't bad. We all enjoyed it.

What changed? Did the community just derp out after a decade? Is it like Planetside where its all cert (cbill) farming, KDR padding zerglings? What changed between 2005 and 2015?

#93 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

This is ridiculous every clan is almost been pushed back to planets they captured weeks ago. Thanks for killing the clans PGI with your little "zerg like crazy" event, we always knew you were on the side of the IS ever since you couldn't get the clans algorithms right

So ok PGI, the clans need an equalizer now. So please don't nerf the caldron born and let us wrekt with it

Edited by Grimwill, 31 March 2015 - 07:28 PM.

#94 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

You guys allow PGI to call the shots.

stop playing for a few weeks.

#95 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

View PostTaemien, on 31 March 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

One thing I think is really weird are these complaints how CW is pointless or terrible, or boring.

It feels pretty pointless when you spend weeks getting to a certain point only to have a single weekend event completely invalidate that.

#96 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

I could shower in all these tears

#97 McMurl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 186 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 31 March 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

You see Community Warfare, we see a beta testing simulation. We put enough effort in to the mode, but also have a good time grinding our machines to a finer edge, honing the skills of our pilots. Why dedicate ourselves in full to an effort that is being wiped in 22 days? Even so, you may dedicate yourselves to Community Warfare and CGBI has a ebb and flow of both modes and styles. You have Community Warfare, we have Community. I like it like that.

Amen

#98 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

View PostTaemien, on 31 March 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

I don't see how CW matches are much different than a normal match. Cept you get 4 mechs. You have an objective to complete, just like in regular mode.

But then people say its pointless. Well I don't know what you all are expecting. God mode once you take a planet? Back when we had planetary leagues in MW2, MW3, and MW4, and even a little in MWLL.. taking a planet got you.. nothing ingame. Absolutely nothing.

It was ran by Third Party League sites. Taking a planet turned a dot to the color of your faction. That's it, nothing more. And you know what? We were fine with that. Granted units were limited by what mechs they had that they could take. But is MWO that much different? If you don't own a Daishi, I want you to drop in one.. oh wait, you can't. You need to buy one. You can't just select it. The only difference between then and now, is its individual based instead of unit based.

How many of you want a unit leader to tell you what mech you can take? Hell how many of you want to be forced to join a unit to participate in CW? That's how it was in the past.

Here you control what mechs you take. Here you get goodies (cbills and in the future, unlocks). Here you are not restricted to joining a unit to participate. Its much better than how it used to be. But yet.. how it used to be wasn't bad. We all enjoyed it.

What changed? Did the community just derp out after a decade? Is it like Planetside where its all cert (cbill) farming, KDR padding zerglings? What changed between 2005 and 2015?

I have a word for that: nostalgia.

#99 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

We are losing ground because we are not focusing on defending. CJF has made the call to stop attacking and focus on defending planets. I strongly suggest all clans follow suit. If you're planets are safe, help defend other clan planets. If all clan planets are safe, feel free to attack but understand that we are losing ground because we are splitting our forces between attacking and defending. If we only defend we take 3 house factions out of the equation and help shore up the numbers disparity. Marik Davion and Liao can't attack us so by defending only, they have nothing to do. Plus we can show the IS what it's like to be locked in constant counter attack mode by flooding the planet with defends, forcing them into that mode. Only defend. Once PGI comes out with it's proposed fix to this on the 21st, we can resume offensive operations. If we don't do this, we are going to continue losing planets. There is no other way right now to handle the situation.

#100 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:36 AM

Posted ImageCoffiNail, on 01 April 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

honing the skills of our pilots.

Your pilots have 0 skills in communication and coordination. They have ruined so many of our drops, sometimes even intentionally, that I considered talking to you a worthless effort. We, the BerSerKer, are the third biggest permanent Ghost Bear unit full of founders. But after all the struggles we had with other GB units in our drops, we are now only here for loyality points and c-bills. We have so many friendly contacts to units from Davion, Rasalhague, Marik and many Mercs, how come other GB units are so bearheaded when we try to coordinate a drop with pugs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users