#1 Wargeisen

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:13 AM

Greetings,

Our french mercenary unit has decided to join the Republic for a 28 days contract, decided by vote of her members.

We are able to muster normally a group of 6-12 players (we are 30+ strong) at our official game day the monday evening at 20h30 GMT +1 until the ceasefire. Some of us like me play more often almost every evening.

I will conclude the deal this late afternoon (for us).

We dont are meta-gamers, but when we play we try our best to fullfill our duty.

Our first contract was with Kurita for the try of CW when it went out, then did all the rest with the Federated Suns, but we didnt shy to be on the clan front when we could do some battle.

You can find more information about us in the "francophone forum" of MWO; we have a private forum open to public, a facebook page, and a TS server. You can see all about that there.

I think that I can speak for all Tigres de Feu that we are happy to help, even with our small group, the valiant troops of the Kungsarmée against the Clan, even in the difficult position where the Republic is.

I cannot say in advance how long we would stay, as at each contract's end we vote for the next, new or same.

We are Mercs, but we do the job at our maximum power. See you at your sides on the battlefield.

Regards,

Wargeisen, Tigres de Feu Second-in-Command

#2 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:23 AM

Wargeisen

Free Rasalhauge Republic TeamSpeak Server

'The FRR HUB' For all your spaceviking needs!

Free Rasalhauge Republic Teamspeak server.

frrhub.tk:9725 or 162.243.239.158:9725

Password; Dragon

vist the web site at

www.frrhub.tk

Your help in holding our captial and any worlds we can retake is most appreciate

#3 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:26 AM

En avant!

#4 Wargeisen

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

Your TS coordonates are already written in our forum.

We dont speak english as good as we write it, but we manage. (albeit for some with a horrible accent like me :P )

Thanks for your welcome.

#5 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:04 AM

Tiger-Tiger-Tiger (the saying they use at the Tiger meets)

http://theaviationis...14-best-images/

#6 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

View PostWargeisen, on 13 March 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

Your TS coordonates are already written in our forum.

We dont speak english as good as we write it, but we manage. (albeit for some with a horrible accent like me :P )

Thanks for your welcome.

No problemo dude. A few years of working in a call center and you tend to pick up how to understand heavy accents and broken english.

Bienvenue à la République Rasalhague gratuit ! Mai bague de vos canons automobiles de la liberté !

#7 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

Welcome to the nuthouse that is the FRR.

#8 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

Welcome to the party at the end of the universe!

#9 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

Hail to you Tigers. Great seeing you on the battlefields with the viking host.
Welcome to be part of the saga of the space vikings!

#10 Wargeisen

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:09 PM

Greetings,

Yesterday evening Tigres de Feu did their first official battle with the FRR against Clan Wolf in a try to take Balsta from their jaws. In three drops, we had to hold territory each time. With a score of solo warriors, we slipped once and counter them twice.

But I say try, because at the Cease-Fire not enought of the world was under the brave KungsArmée (40% if I remember correctely).

We have expectation that with the delivery of the new 'Mechs tonight, we will at least continue to have more victories than defeats.

For now, I can only say that it was three very good games and an excellent sportsmanship all around, in group or solo (I did six drops alone and always had a fun play; you guys (and girls) rock ! )

See you on the battlefield.

Regards,
W.

#11 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

Hail to Wargeisen, seems like a tactically-minded and nice fellow. Hope to drop more with him and his in the future.

#12 Wargeisen

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

Thanks Sandersson; dont know what else to say. We try our best. :blush:

#13 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:36 PM

View PostWargeisen, on 19 March 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

Thanks Sandersson; dont know what else to say. We try our best. :blush:

We did get steamrolled in our match, but our communication is poor. To be honest, I've been playing MWO lately when I'm not feeling so well due to lack of sleep or degeneracy the night before, so my leadership is..tired, I guess. I just pray fervently to all our Gods that someone will answer "yeah!" when I say "please for the love of all that is holy someone else take lead i will help with targetting and strategy"

..nobody has said that in 5 days, I need my lovely Marodeur, Coggernaught, or some ISEN/SRPH/1RDR lads in there with me!

I just get sort of excited meeting new friends to play shooty smashy gundam robots 2k15 with. Especially when we're working for the same objective in the best way we can.

#14 Wargeisen

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:42 AM

At least, destroying the three gen, and damaging Omega for a first try on the new map, with our 3-players as the largest group, not even speaking on TS (for IRL reasons); I find this a good match outcome.

I am guilty of not having taken the lead: was too much at the map discovery for typing in the tchat simultaneously, and this night I really dont wanted to do it.

At least in the beginning we wrote some "direction" to take before the free for all, and all in all, not a bad result for what it came out.

#15 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:50 AM

View PostWargeisen, on 20 March 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:

At least, destroying the three gen, and damaging Omega for a first try on the new map, with our 3-players as the largest group, not even speaking on TS (for IRL reasons); I find this a good match outcome.

I am guilty of not having taken the lead: was too much at the map discovery for typing in the tchat simultaneously, and this night I really dont wanted to do it.

At least in the beginning we wrote some "direction" to take before the free for all, and all in all, not a bad result for what it came out.

Yes, you're right. We did make a good effort, and I was happy with it. I also understand that you guys are probably learning how to best play as FRR, with FRR teammates for now, and you'll most likely be most effective communicating in French in your VOIP. Trust me, I know, as I said before in the drop, I used to play with a large group of quebecois. Some of them didn't do English very well, so if they tried to do that and fight, they were only average. Put them in a group, tell them to use their own teamspeak, and fight hard...they'd do things I didn't think were possible. Not to mention to a mostly unilingual person, intense battle-comms in another language is great to hear. Used to play with a bunch from Norway as well....viking speak in the midst of battle can be hilarious or terrifying.

I can only be terrified at how an angry Finn must sound in MWO.

Edited by Sandersson Jankins, 20 March 2015 - 12:50 AM.

#16 Wargeisen

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:08 AM

When we dropped larger (5-7) last Monday we were on our TS, and our Boss (Sgt Rico) used the VOIP to give general information in English. It was I think what gave us an edge and permitted the game to roll so good.

Sometimes, only typing some general directions is good enought, at least on knowed maps.

On this one ? didn't think we could have done better (with maybe a bigger push directely at omega or more sooner strikes at the gen. But past is past)

For now, the only true thing I can say is that I got as much fun in one week with the FRR as the last two months with Davion.

#17 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:27 AM

View PostWargeisen, on 20 March 2015 - 01:08 AM, said:

When we dropped larger (5-7) last Monday we were on our TS, and our Boss (Sgt Rico) used the VOIP to give general information in English. It was I think what gave us an edge and permitted the game to roll so good.

Sometimes, only typing some general directions is good enought, at least on knowed maps.

On this one ? didn't think we could have done better (with maybe a bigger push directely at omega or more sooner strikes at the gen. But past is past)

For now, the only true thing I can say is that I got as much fun in one week with the FRR as the last two months with Davion.

Yes, I will tell you right now that the most effective way to coordinate between TS and in-game VOIP is this:

Have your very best strategist inform all in TS what the exact plan will be. This person must be very intelligent, but does not need to speak confidently to others. Now, you must also have someone who may know NOTHING of tactics, but has a strong, encouraging, and easy-to-understand voice relaying those orders into general VOIP. It is amazing; I do this with one of my guys who is former active military and current reserves. He really loves coordination and making a plan come together, but he isn't amazing at plans because he just doesn't play all that much, being a married man. However, he's ALWAYS willing to nerd-herd a pug team, and he's pretty good at it.

He just gets upset when someone says "no i'm doing what i want lol" when most of the team is on-board and the plan is good, heh.

#18 Wargeisen

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:43 AM

We know that no plan resists the enemy's contact.

But they dont neither with someone who wont accept the plan of the larger group.

I know that we cannot enforce anything (luckily). But I prefer when I drop solo follow a bad plan than no plan at all.

I hate nothing more than saying "push !" and see that I am alone in the middle of the enemy group with assault 'Mechs playing sniper-cover at the gates...

And that, is one of the major difference I see with FFR players: they dont relish to charge and take their chance to take the upper hand.

#19 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:50 AM

Welcome to the FRR, join the FRR hub to coordinate your drops or to form complete 12 mans when numbers are low.

Server address: frrhub.tk:9725
Password: Dragon

Edited by Sjorpha, 20 March 2015 - 04:50 AM.

#20 Wargeisen

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

Thx Sjorpha. As wroten in the first posts, we already have the FRR TS adress.

Major problem:
even as we are a lot to speak english or at least understand, we are at first a french (at least from french speaking countries) group speaking french. The difficulties are well explained by Jankins.

And another one is that some of us, like me, are able to listen but not to speak due to IRL events.

But yes, personnally I come sometimes on your TS, even just to listen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users