Russian Clan Wolf Conquers Grumium (Last Frr Coreward World) And Blame Laid At House Kurita Doorstep

21 replies to this topic

#1 Connor Sellock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:39 AM

HERE IS THE "LIE":

Posted Image

Luckily I was able to screen capture this png of the "TRUTH" before it could be lost:

Posted Image

Don't be fooled... this appears to be an actively facilitated Clan initiative to strike a mortal blow to the FRR and lay blame at House Kurita's doorstep.

AND THEN permitting Huse Marik and House Davion a WINDOW to AVENGE a COMPLETELY FABRICATED, ERRONEOUS and EGREGIOUS falsehood.

Posted Image

Just to be COMPLETELY CLEAR - there were ZERO HK attacks against FRR during the reporting period in the above timeframes.

Edited by Connor Sellock, 13 March 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#2 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:57 AM

Just to be clear... PGI gave the planet Grumium to Clan Wolf right after the NA Ceasefire (or somewhere around there). Paul was tired of the islands causing problems with the planet selection algorithm so just got rid of the planet. As Kurita was the last Faction to have that planet selected as a target, the battle report may have recorded it incorrectly due to PGI's manual intervention.

Apparently there were some other issues with the automated Battle Report for the NA attack window. Have already message Krivvan. Note the following two errors:

Capellan Confederation holds The Federated Suns to 12 on Heligoland.
Free Worlds League holds Draconis Combine to 9 on Lipton.

(Just to clarify, planets swap at 8 so those two planets should have changed hands. They did not.)

Edited by jeirhart, 13 March 2015 - 06:07 AM.

#3 Connor Sellock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

jeirhart, understood.

I am sure many would share my concern that the THREE screen captures above ALL tend to shape a narrative very prejudicial against my PERMCON - House Kurita.

As such, I will reserve judgment until Twitter / Reddit and MWO Forum clarification is forthcoming from PGI to corroborate your assertions... no offense intended of course :D

#4 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

This is just like that 'WoB is actually Clan Wolverine survivors! Get 'em!' thing.

Dirty Dracs. Can't trust a thing they say. We should get EVERYONE except maybe Liao to attack them.....

oh, wait.

#5 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:07 AM

Paul warned people there were going to be map changes. No one was bothering to even try to take grumium.

#6 Zoose

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

This would not be the first time the ""algorithm"" has caused issues. Earlier we were wrongly given a Steiner world which caused some diplomatic concerns.

I also don't understand the the comment "No one was bothering to even try to take grumuim." Our Kurita unit had defended heavy assaults from Wolf on several occasions over consecutive days.

#7 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

Posted Image

#8 Duke Einholt

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

This is tottaly unfair as a unit we defended and held that world from repeated attacks over the last week against waves of Clanner assaults.

#9 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

Unfair?!?! THIS IS BETA!!!!

#10 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostZoose, on 13 March 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

This would not be the first time the ""algorithm"" has caused issues. Earlier we were wrongly given a Steiner world which caused some diplomatic concerns.

I also don't understand the the comment "No one was bothering to even try to take grumuim." Our Kurita unit had defended heavy assaults from Wolf on several occasions over consecutive days.

The point at which the world flipped it was a Kuritan attack lane. PGI flipped it to wolf.
The period before that, wolf had a steiner attack lane that PGI flipped to CJF.

While PGI took a world from the FRR and gave it to wolf, PGI has made no attempt to transfer a wolf held world to the FRR in exchange.

While Steiner has 100's of worlds, the FRR had only 4 at the point which PGI stole our world.

#11 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

I'll try to do this in order:

1) The planet selector has been messing up royally for the last week. This is why I'm constantly manually re-adjusting attack lanes. It takes 5 minutes from the time I make the change to it appearing in the client map. If this 3rd party website still shows a planet under attack (especially this multiple attack lane problem) after about 30 minutes, then the 3rd party website is not polling the map for the latest data and only at the direct times of the planet flip. The longest that Kurita had 2 attack lanes incoming from a single opposing faction is 27 minutes. At that point I've assigned PGI as the invading force on the erroneous planet. This means that no one can attack it except PGI, which PGI will not be doing. You are left with only 1 planet that is being attacked by any given faction. Yes, the planet still blinks like it's in conflict but you'll notice NO ONE is attacking it.

2) Grumium was given to Kurita due to the fact that that island/pocket it was creating caused the issue where the planet selector would not do ANY Clan vs IS attack corridors. I was constantly assigning Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear the planet as an attack planet. The most number of matches ever played on that planet while in contension was 8. It did not matter what timezone was selected for attack. It went through all time zones. No one was actively trying to take it over. It was even a Kurita attack planet numerous times with Kurita attacking it no more than 3 times in any given time zone. The same holds when Steiner had the opportunity to take it.

I had to get rid of that pocket so Clan Wolf was assigned ownership since it was in the middle of their territory. Since Rasalhague lost a planet in that correction, I gave Rasalhague another planet right next to their home world (Dawn in addition to the already held Rasalhague, New Oslo, Hermagor) so they had a bigger pocket to start regrowing their domain.

3) The result of the Clans taking Grumium results in Kurita not having a FRR border anymore. Hence... no Kurita->FRR attack lane.

TL;DR - There's a problem with the planet selection algorithm that gets manually fixed every 8 hours. Sometimes a planet needs to be taken out of conflict resulting in PGI being the invading force to ensure no one else tries to take it. There's no collusion/conspiracy behind the planet attack lanes.

#12 Divase

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostDuke Einholt, on 13 March 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

This is tottaly unfair as a unit we defended and held that world from repeated attacks over the last week against waves of Clanner assaults.

I have to agree with Duke, we had many drops in defense of Grumuim, then to just have it flipped when we have so few planets is frustrating. I also understand this is beta and that it was messing with the algorithm so it needed to be changed but it would have been nice if they gave us another planet in return to make up for it like Abivard suggested.

#13 Divase

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostDivase, on 13 March 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

I have to agree with Duke, we had many drops in defense of Grumuim, then to just have it flipped when we have so few planets is frustrating. I also understand this is beta and that it was messing with the algorithm so it needed to be changed but it would have been nice if they gave us another planet in return to make up for it like Abivard suggested.

Paul must have posted the update while I was typing my previous response .

Thank you for adding another planet to the FRR controlled group of planets.

#14 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 13 March 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

TL;DR - There's a problem with the planet selection algorithm that gets manually fixed every 8 hours. Sometimes a planet needs to be taken out of conflict resulting in PGI being the invading force to ensure no one else tries to take it. There's no collusion/conspiracy behind the planet attack lanes.

Its true, just 2 days ago the algorithm completely ignored all but 4 factions for attack lanes, and there where like 10 planets in the entire map under attack.

#15 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

Well, hopefully the algorithm will get figured out, soon.

#16 Connor Sellock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:43 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 13 March 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

I'll try to do this in order:

1) The planet selector has been messing up royally for the last week. This is why I'm constantly manually re-adjusting attack lanes. It takes 5 minutes from the time I make the change to it appearing in the client map. If this 3rd party website still shows a planet under attack (especially this multiple attack lane problem) after about 30 minutes, then the 3rd party website is not polling the map for the latest data and only at the direct times of the planet flip. The longest that Kurita had 2 attack lanes incoming from a single opposing faction is 27 minutes. At that point I've assigned PGI as the invading force on the erroneous planet. This means that no one can attack it except PGI, which PGI will not be doing. You are left with only 1 planet that is being attacked by any given faction. Yes, the planet still blinks like it's in conflict but you'll notice NO ONE is attacking it.

2) Grumium was given to Kurita due to the fact that that island/pocket it was creating caused the issue where the planet selector would not do ANY Clan vs IS attack corridors. I was constantly assigning Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear the planet as an attack planet. The most number of matches ever played on that planet while in contension was 8. It did not matter what timezone was selected for attack. It went through all time zones. No one was actively trying to take it over. It was even a Kurita attack planet numerous times with Kurita attacking it no more than 3 times in any given time zone. The same holds when Steiner had the opportunity to take it.

I had to get rid of that pocket so Clan Wolf was assigned ownership since it was in the middle of their territory. Since Rasalhague lost a planet in that correction, I gave Rasalhague another planet right next to their home world (Dawn in addition to the already held Rasalhague, New Oslo, Hermagor) so they had a bigger pocket to start regrowing their domain.

3) The result of the Clans taking Grumium results in Kurita not having a FRR border anymore. Hence... no Kurita->FRR attack lane.

Thank you, Paul for the timely and comprehensive response.

The three screen-captures used in the OP built toward a narrative very prejudicial toward my PERMCON (House Kurita.) the most immediately concerning was the apparent (though subsequently found to be erroneous) multiple Marik and Davion Attack Vectors.

As such, I immediately tweeted you before ever constructing a single thread here in MWO forums or even in House Kurita enjin website: https://twitter.com/...353160744304640

From there the "unfortunately curious narrative" built toward further coherence (though also subsequently proven to be false) when an errant Reddit post and MRBC API-data (Third Party Site) directly fed into and expanded a narrative very predjudicial to the continued valiant and RELEVANT FRR Defence of Terra.

There can be ZERO RELEVANCE for FRR now that Grumium has been "spirited away" to Clan Wolf.

An entire FACTION has been unilaterally removed from the Beta.

But then this is Beta and as I posted here, we can live and learn and hope for a better set of game mechanics at Launch: https://twitter.com/...353160744304640

#17 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

This whole algorithm thing is so lol beta or no beta

#18 Connor Sellock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

It doesn't matter which account I use, I have found both here in MWO and previously in MWT that my life (forum conduct) often serves as a warming to others: Posted Image

While I trust that... well, it trust this account to be able to

#19 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:31 AM

Paul, with respect, we need this information posted by you or Tina *here*, not secondhand via Twitter.

It is reasonable to expect people to read the patch notes. It is not reasonable to expect us to keep an eye on random Twitter feeds that may or may not contain critical information

I would argue that if it's important enough to tell some of us, it's important enough to tell all of us

#20 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

It would be also good if the algorithm doesn't work with Island's that if your going to remove them if they crop up, that you actually look at the Kurita/CSJ attack lanes each cycle as it keeps trying to constantly give us an island attack option. And given the planet flips... there is no point in attacking there especially if your going to flip it back after we take it away.

I should also point out that these Island's actually add a sense of strategic realism, the aim of military strategies is to split enemy focus, break open its lanes of supply and defense. By having 'pockets' or Islands that form behind enemy lines, the enemy has to turn and deal with it or risk it expanding and cutting off supply lines and reinforcements.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users