146 replies to this topic

#21 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

Geist, NGNG? We play on their TS server and that's it. ACES is not NGNG.

Stealth Raptor. Like you say, Kurita is capable of pushing the clans back, the inconsistent part is the problem. Coalition and others stopped by to help you during a time when you were bleeding 2-3 planets to the jags every day. What we saw was the majority of Kurita loyalist units utilize that as a backstop so you could bash on Davion, a complete non threat at this point.

When we helped the FRR it was all hands on. Unfortunately their low base population made losing their worlds an eventuality. Our stay with Steiner was also met with appreciation and we had a good week, considering our numbers were relatively low at that time. I expect we'll visit Steiner again in the future.
Anyway, Kurita has been the only faction to take our help and waste it. Again, whenever Kurita decides they want to consistently fight the clans, give us a call. Unlike the many as you call "blowhard" forumwarriors on here (don't lie to yourself, you're acting like one too) I don't hold silly grudges based on lore or personal issues.

Reminder, this is just a thread I started so that players can play, you guys are the ones coming in here with your trololols.

Edited by Shimmering Sword, 14 March 2015 - 03:56 PM.

#22 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 14 March 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

snip

That's all perfectly valid, but that doesn't actually explain how working a contract with house marik actually ties in with your mission statement. No one is asking you to apologize or even imply that you were anything but civil and rational with HK command, just to explain your rationale behind joining house marik. If you're there to train up some IS pubbies I could get that. But you could do the same thing by joining house Liao without risking you trainees putting their new skills to use in house conflicts drawing faction units away form the clan front, the very thing that you're so displeased with HK for. If anything Liao is an even better choice then marik. If liao units are engaged in IS vs IS fights then the only troops they can tie up don't need to chose between fighting the IS or fighting the clans, as opposed to marik, who seem perfectly happy to carry on a fight started by forum politicians who started lying low once people started asking questions.

#23 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:52 PM

Geist, NGNG? We play on their TS server and that's it. ACES is not NGNG.

Stealth Raptor. Like you say, Kurita is capable of pushing the clans back, the inconsistent part is the problem. Coalition and others stopped by to help you during a time when you were bleeding 2-3 planets to the jags every day. What we saw was the majority of Kurita loyalist units utilize that as a backstop so you could bash on Davion, a complete non threat at this point.

When we helped the FRR it was all hands on. Unfortunately their low base population made losing their worlds an eventuality. Our stay with Steiner was also met with appreciation and we had a good week, considering our numbers were relatively low at that time. I expect we'll visit Steiner again in the future.
Anyway, Kurita has been the only faction to take our help and waste it. Again, whenever Kurita decides they want to consistently fight the clans, give us a call. Unlike the many as you call "blowhard" forumwarriors on here (don't lie to yourself, you're acting like one too) I don't hold silly grudges based on lore or personal issues.

Reminder, this is just a thread I started so that players can play, you guys are the ones coming in here with your trololols.

then help us on the clan border! the only reason why we are even devoting so many groups to marik is because you guys joined marik and are reigniting the border. if you werent here, we would have been dropping clans for 2 hours.

make the choice- if you attack us, clans progress. if you help on the border, we push them back. what are your true attentions - attacking us because you dont like us, or pushing back clans?

#24 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:30 PM

im sad i didnt see aces tonight :( really wanted to play you guys! got mostly mixed groups with some bwc 12s.

big shoutout to grizzlies group, yall played us tough.

#25 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 14 March 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

Only tough thing about play Grizzly is look for powered down mech after easy win in 10 minutes. Ha ha.

#26 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:08 PM

Geist, NGNG? We play on their TS server and that's it. ACES is not NGNG..
and that is what makes you an ngng group. Wanna be a productive member of marik? Then use the house TS or at least put a dual ts rep in there, but asking folks to go into ngng and play with/learn from you, splinters the comm system further. Honestly, the more i see merc companies swap factions week to week, the more i dislike the system. I'd rudely hit you with a "merc pig go home" but doubt the mercenaries in the game have one to go back to

#27 Kerc Kasha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 March 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

I dunno. I bought some property from CSJ real cheap in what was, a very long time ago, northern Kurita territory. Very cheap property now though. More likely to see a CSJ flag on Sian than any long time CSJ worlds.

In the end Kurita has no hope of beating the Clans without Davion help.

Not military aid, no. Just that the Clans are so balls deep in Kurita at this point it will take the arisen King Arthur of legend (in stasis on New Avalon) to pull them Excalibur style back out again. Seriously, they've been pounding you guys down so long that your fights look like depressed elder married couples having sex.

Kurita: 'Yes yes, your big Clan mechs are so powerful. I'm so impressed. Stormcrow make so much winning. Hand me a napkin, will you? Otherwise this is going to stain.'

CSJ: ''Sure sure. I, uh, still find you pretty. Remember that when I forget your birthday next week and go hang out at the batchal with the other guys.'

I've been saving that one for a bit. It seemed like it needed something special.

Good luck to ACES. Clan advance has been slow but methodical. There's so much bad blood in the IS now that a lot of players would rather watch the faction they hate lose (even to someone else) than see their own win. Biggest problem with most multiplayer games - the players :P

if davions fights clans like they fight us i'd rather them stick to prodding at liao

#28 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 14 March 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

im sad i didnt see aces tonight :( really wanted to play you guys! got mostly mixed groups with some bwc 12s.

I didn't know your team's drop leader powering down in a corner every time they get a match and subsequently farmed constitutes playing tough.

#29 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

with the departure of the phoenixlegion we definitly losing the numbers game.
a "normal" eu tz situation has about 7 teams attacking kurita.

losing the 1-2 phl 12 man and marik gaind support we can no longer force defense into counter/hold mode(witch we win 2of3) and on defense we will lose matches per 2 x lightrush.
most of the matches we are way ahead in kills but 3-4 lights making it through to finish omega.
frustrating but thats how it is, we won more than our fair share of matches with lightrushes too so we have no right to complain.
the usual marik front is now 3 marik teams vs 1 and a half kurita teams and 1-2 davion teams vs 0-1 kuritas.
guess we will be forced to stop defending and switch to attack only.
that means more ghostdrops and lightrushes for everyone, thy.

summary: marik/davion is reinforced enough to force the eu-kurita front to give up any clan defense/offense.

hey nsl, you want us to follow your example in how to hurt the IS most?
want us to hold marik/davion back untill the clans get terra uncontested?

for month you bugged us to fight the clans and now its you to stop us from doing so, great!

Edited by MahKraah, 15 March 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#30 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

At least for the NA ceasefire we have the numbers to either push or hold marik while still pushing back the clans (pushed one border back and held 3 last night). However we could have pushed at least 3 clan borders last night if marik wasnt actively attacking us, but then again we now know that the nsl is all about the expansion of marik territory instead of actually attacking the clans, which aces have unfortunately proven yet again. I express my deepest sympathies for all the mariks that truly want the clans to get pushed back, this aggressive push by mercs is ironically enough the reason why we closed the wormhole in the first place. Imagine if we had left it open for MS and now aces to push out of it lol

#31 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

Errrrr SS.....weve been taking a CSJ and GB planet every NA ceasefire for over a week

Why dont you just be like "**** it we feel like attacking Kurita #wefeellikeit. Lol.

I wish Laio would hit Marik in response to the purple pigeon bullshit

Ps: you DO know we took Terra AFTER marik declared war on us, so not sure where the victim card comes from

Mercs in Southern houses = waste of time.

#32 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 March 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

I dunno. I bought some property from CSJ real cheap in what was, a very long time ago, northern Kurita territory. Very cheap property now though. More likely to see a CSJ flag on Sian than any long time CSJ worlds.

Funny, I bought some territory from the Davions a while ago thinking I could use it as my "exotic" summer vacation house. The next time I turned around, I was back in Kurita tertritory.

Kinda hard to have an "exoitc" summer vacation home if I can't leave my own territory.

#33 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 14 March 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

and that is what makes you an ngng group. Wanna be a productive member of marik? Then use the house TS or at least put a dual ts rep in there, but asking folks to go into ngng and play with/learn from you, splinters the comm system further. Honestly, the more i see merc companies swap factions week to week, the more i dislike the system. I'd rudely hit you with a "merc pig go home" but doubt the mercenaries in the game have one to go back to

Why the merc hate?

You need mercs, attacking kurita with just the loyalists was a mistake.

bwc / seraphim rotated back to marik + other mercs like aces are coming to help... not to mention ms and ci that are hitting kurita from other fronts as well...

Coincide with PHL shifting to steiner leaves kurita weak during eu timezone... the only sizeable merc unit left in kurita oceanic is DSA...

Question is, what is your agenda? Why insult the help given you? Marik loyalists alone do not have the active numbers to fight kurita.

#34 Salinor

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

My apologies to aces. Just a grunt here but I'm glad to have the help. Good luck.

#35 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostMycrus, on 15 March 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Why the merc hate?

You need mercs, attacking kurita with just the loyalists was a mistake.

bwc / seraphim rotated back to marik + other mercs like aces are coming to help... not to mention ms and ci that are hitting kurita from other fronts as well...

Coincide with PHL shifting to steiner leaves kurita weak during eu timezone... the only sizeable merc unit left in kurita oceanic is DSA...

Question is, what is your agenda? Why insult the help given you? Marik loyalists alone do not have the active numbers to fight kurita.

because a sizable chunk of marik wants this war to end so we can focus on clans. at this point its the mercs in marik that is holding us back. they realize that the more you press us, the more we will rotate away from the clans to stop encroachments on our border.

#36 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 15 March 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

because a sizable chunk of marik wants this war to end so we can focus on clans. at this point its the mercs in marik that is holding us back. they realize that the more you press us, the more we will rotate away from the clans to stop encroachments on our border.

Then the diplos need to send out something official

#37 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

View PostMycrus, on 15 March 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

Then the diplos need to send out something official

Unfortunately, we being Mariks and all, the right hand often doesn't know what the left is doing.

As a faction, we truly are an example of life imitating art (or rather, lore) :D

#38 Timelordwho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

Marik wants the inter IS fighting to end when marik sets up a defensive perimeter around Terra. At that point, we won't risk the clans pushing into davion like a hot knife through butter and, and can afford mercs helping Steiner to hold without worrying as much about the random Kurita land grabs. Ideally we'd have pushed up to have a clan front, but for selfish reasons, the path was removed. Marik is a second home to many merc orgs; we welcome their stay.

#39 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:39 PM

Posted Image

#40 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

tonight is a good example - no focus from marik, we pushed back wolf and cjf and got to 33% on a csj planet before we had to pull back to defend from csj and didnt lost a single planet. while i cant account for the EU timezone, NA can keep this up as long as we are allowed to :)

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users