146 replies to this topic

#1 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:58 PM

Hello, Shimmy here, A.C.E.S. CW unit leader and mercenary representative in the Star League.

The Coalition, a group of mercenaries supporting Star League interests, has taken station within Marik space after fighting hard against the Clans on all fronts (Kurita, the FRR, and Steiner have received our aid). Now we turn our eyes to the close defense of Terra, fearing Kurita's intent with such a critical location as they allow the Clans to edge ever closer.

Now all that blabbering aside, I'm here to let all Marik players know that along with putting up our own players for the fight, we're happy to accept more individuals and small groups into our daily forces.

Are you part of a Marik unit that struggles to field a full 12man team every day? Are you an individual that wants a taste of coordinated play? Tired of rolling the dice on random teammates and mixed force compositions?
If so, join Coalition forces every NA CW cycle on the No Guts No Galaxy Teamspeak3 server. You can find a one click join button to the server top left of the NGNG website: nogutsnogalaxy.net
We operate out of the ACES mercenary rooms just below the studio rooms.

This isn't a recruitment post (though our various units are recruiting), just a friendly offer to join us in order to form larger, more coordinated drops. You only need to show up.
We do however ask that you come ready to follow the orders given to you by drop leaders, and be able to bring viable mech builds and drop decks (don't try to sell me your filthy locust build :P).
This is also a good opportunity for sizable Marik units fielding large teams that struggle to consistently win matches to pick up on the way units such as BWC and ACES operate in the field.

See you out there.

Edited by Shimmering Sword, 13 March 2015 - 11:00 PM.

#2 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

#3 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

Yes Marik Pigs, you will learn many more ways to lose to noble Kuritan Samurai under tutleage of Merc Dogs. Ha ha ha ha.

#4 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:45 PM

Come hang out with us on TS, just be sure to have fun obey

#5 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:48 AM

Apologies Kuritan fans, unfortunately current game mechanics do not allow you to join the party.

Are you implying, Droid, that NKVA doesn't have drop leaders? If so I'm even more impressed with your performance. Where can I apply?

#6 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

Shimmering, you are aware that at the latest star league meeting they emphatically declared that they are *not* at war with Kurita, only Marik is, correct?

#7 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:18 AM

Definitely, we've been saying that since day one. "Star League doesn't meddle in inter house affairs" etc.
Terra is a League affair though, and as much as the Coalition can hold the Falcons from Steiner, from that location we can't prevent Kurita from folding to the clans while simultaneously removing the SL buffer around Terra. If that's the actual plan of the High Council, I do commend you, you're doing great. That's why we're here in Marik.
Should the High Council decide to put a consistent and concerted effort into fighting the clans back, rather than rotating on which border faction to wholesale beat on, let me know, the Coalition can help.

#8 Taisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:20 AM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 14 March 2015 - 12:48 AM, said:

Are you implying, Droid, that NKVA doesn't have drop leaders?

We have Honourable Drop Daimyos that lead from the front in Harmonious Conjunction with their Honoured Samurai.

We follow out of Undying Respect, not merely obey like Marik Pigs expect.

Please continue to provide Dear Coordinator your donations of Free and Easy C-Bills, Marik clanners. Ha ha ha.

#9 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:03 AM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 14 March 2015 - 01:18 AM, said:

Definitely, we've been saying that since day one. "Star League doesn't meddle in inter house affairs" etc.
Terra is a League affair though, and as much as the Coalition can hold the Falcons from Steiner, from that location we can't prevent Kurita from folding to the clans while simultaneously removing the SL buffer around Terra. If that's the actual plan of the High Council, I do commend you, you're doing great. That's why we're here in Marik.
Should the High Council decide to put a consistent and concerted effort into fighting the clans back, rather than rotating on which border faction to wholesale beat on, let me know, the Coalition can help.

If the goal is to safeguard against the area around terra from folding then why wouldn't you guys just take another contract on the clan boarder? If Kurita does fold, how is you being with marik supposed to mitigate that? Its not like taking another contract with HK would magically cause you to bully davions. If the thinking is that not enough effort is going into Kurita's clan fronts then why not reinforce them yourselves rather then waiting for the HK high council/playerbase to see reason? The marik/kurita boarder has been steadily moving away from terra the past week as well, so unless you break the rule about SL units not getting involved in IS conflicts even betting on a long term kuritan failure doesn't make much sense from where I sit. I could get it if you had doubled up on helping Steiner or even whats left of the FRR, so why not go that route?

#10 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

We appreciate the recent influx of Mercs to the clanfront.
This coalition thingy disturbs me though.
There are Mariks FINALLY fighting on the real front instead of constantly daggering our back - do not try to pull them off.
You guys are needed if we want to push back the clans.

Come back to the real front if you want to fight the clans and defend Terra - if you want to fight Kurita do so... but don´t pretend it´s for the greater good. It is the opposite.

#11 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:58 AM

it's really weird that people think that taking worlds from the strongest and most skilled IS faction will make them safer. Marik isn't good enough to beat the clans. if you were a northern house you'd lose a world every day for each clan border you had. Kurita and steiner are strong (kurita strongest natch), davion and marik are weak, Liao is Liao.

#12 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 13 March 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

Hello, Shimmy here, A.C.E.S. CW unit leader and mercenary representative in the Star League.

The Coalition, a group of mercenaries supporting Star League interests, has taken station within Marik space after fighting hard against the Clans on all fronts (Kurita, the FRR, and Steiner have received our aid). Now we turn our eyes to the close defense of Terra, fearing Kurita's intent with such a critical location as they allow the Clans to edge ever closer.

Now all that blabbering aside, I'm here to let all Marik players know that along with putting up our own players for the fight, we're happy to accept more individuals and small groups into our daily forces.

Are you part of a Marik unit that struggles to field a full 12man team every day? Are you an individual that wants a taste of coordinated play? Tired of rolling the dice on random teammates and mixed force compositions?
If so, join Coalition forces every NA CW cycle on the No Guts No Galaxy Teamspeak3 server. You can find a one click join button to the server top left of the NGNG website: nogutsnogalaxy.net
We operate out of the ACES mercenary rooms just below the studio rooms.

This isn't a recruitment post (though our various units are recruiting), just a friendly offer to join us in order to form larger, more coordinated drops. You only need to show up.
We do however ask that you come ready to follow the orders given to you by drop leaders, and be able to bring viable mech builds and drop decks (don't try to sell me your filthy locust build :P).
This is also a good opportunity for sizable Marik units fielding large teams that struggle to consistently win matches to pick up on the way units such as BWC and ACES operate in the field.

See you out there.

Wait wait ... so Kurita pounds the loud mouths in Marik while at the same time pushing back the clan border. Kurita has what fronts with all clan factions right now. YET STILL fights with the clans primarily. You are going to save whom? Your pride? Your self worth?

This post is largely BS and you know it. More propaganda from the blow hards. If you want to distract Kurita from the clan front, well have at it blow hard take your shot. Otherwise you should be on the Steiner or FRR border where help is needed.

Edited by Crockdaddy, 14 March 2015 - 06:38 AM.

#13 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:17 AM

Shimmering Sword. Just lol man. Thank you for fighting clans but your reasoning as to joining Marik is unsound and lacks reason.

#14 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

Honestly while I think shimmering sword is a dumb idiot for thinking he's fighting for some joke star league, I welcome the cbills that will come with people actually fighting on the marik border

#15 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

"BWC"

"Winning"

These two do not go together.

#16 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 14 March 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

"BWC"

"Winning"

These two do not go together.

Truer words never spoken.

View PostDuctus Hase, on 14 March 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

We appreciate the recent influx of Mercs to the clanfront.
This coalition thingy disturbs me though.
There are Mariks FINALLY fighting on the real front instead of constantly daggering our back - do not try to pull them off.
You guys are needed if we want to push back the clans.

Come back to the real front if you want to fight the clans and defend Terra - if you want to fight Kurita do so... but don´t pretend it´s for the greater good. It is the opposite.

Don't worry ... it will be like it normally is. Big talker angry about Kurita posting and Kurita not bending over to big talker wishes. Big talker threatens. Big talker sorta fights. Big talker loses. Big talker then blames NKVA for forum warrior posts and NKVA hurts Big Talker feelings and don't want to play anymore.

Kurita shrugs, goes back to fighting on one of the 6 active fronts.

#17 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

Considering we have either held the clans or pushed them back consistently for a week now and inconsistently for a month, we are there. Heck if marik hadnt attacked us first our focus would be only clans. Instead we are forced to be embroiled in a war with marik simply because someone of them hate us. We arent precipitating a war with marik- they are.

i will throw out an offer to the aces- if your true intention is to fight the clans, join kurita and fight on any of the 4 borders. Heck a couple nights this week marik didnt show up to attack us so the only thing we fought was clans. Please dispense with the falty notion that we dont fight clans or that we only fight the southern houses.

#18 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

We don't fight clanners, we kill clanners.

#19 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 14 March 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

We don't fight clanners, we kill clanners.

I dunno. I bought some property from CSJ real cheap in what was, a very long time ago, northern Kurita territory. Very cheap property now though. More likely to see a CSJ flag on Sian than any long time CSJ worlds.

In the end Kurita has no hope of beating the Clans without Davion help.

Not military aid, no. Just that the Clans are so balls deep in Kurita at this point it will take the arisen King Arthur of legend (in stasis on New Avalon) to pull them Excalibur style back out again. Seriously, they've been pounding you guys down so long that your fights look like depressed elder married couples having sex.

Kurita: 'Yes yes, your big Clan mechs are so powerful. I'm so impressed. Stormcrow make so much winning. Hand me a napkin, will you? Otherwise this is going to stain.'

CSJ: ''Sure sure. I, uh, still find you pretty. Remember that when I forget your birthday next week and go hang out at the batchal with the other guys.'

I've been saving that one for a bit. It seemed like it needed something special.

Good luck to ACES. Clan advance has been slow but methodical. There's so much bad blood in the IS now that a lot of players would rather watch the faction they hate lose (even to someone else) than see their own win. Biggest problem with most multiplayer games - the players :P

Edited by MischiefSC, 14 March 2015 - 02:05 PM.

#20 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 13 March 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

The Coalition, a group of mercenaries supporting Star League interests, has taken station within Marik space...
this is worse than that time I came home from college to find my mothers prison penpal sitting on the family couch, wearing my dads favorite bathrobe, and smoking my sisters w**d. get your feet off the coffee table ngng cause you aint stayin long.

Edited by Geist Null, 14 March 2015 - 03:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users