8 replies to this topic

#1 BravoRomeO

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNW Ohio

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

is there a way to toggle this off temp like if im shooting down a hill sometimes it blocks my view.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

right shift + f11 will disable it, the problem is it disables the rest of the HUD as well.

unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to disable just the Map.

sorry

#3 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

The cockpit being in the way is sort of the intended game design, it is supposed to feel like a real mech where vision is restricted and some designs are better than others.

Sometimes you just have to guess and shoot blind.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Hud off. Hellbringer versus Hellbringer. Has a slow buildup, the first stage of this one versus one was find each other without a HUD/sensors/etc.

Hud off, also has some vertical combat (on hill and shooting downward, down in the field and shooting upward). Summoners versus Hellbringer and Timber Wolf. The picture-in-picture that appears in place of the minimap is the Camera Shadowhawk's perspective.
Enjoy.

Edited by Koniving, 14 March 2015 - 07:20 PM.

#5 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

Not really, it's not a problem.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

I personally would prefer my hud to be on the monitors in the mech rather than on my eyeballs.

Here's to hoping we get that in the future.

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostKoniving, on 15 March 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

I personally would prefer my hud to be on the monitors in the mech rather than on my eyeballs.

Here's to hoping we get that in the future.

The HuD is on the inside of your helmet.....Helmet Mounted Display? even modern day fighter pilots have that.

Ofc, the map, health status, armor, weapons, the like, that would be cool to have on the monitors and the aiming is on the HMD. That would be cool, yes.

#8 BravoRomeO

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNW Ohio

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

Okay after messing around, when Im fighting downhill and my arm crosshair goes behind my minimap I have been holding down Ctrl. and that will move everything down with the crosshair so you can see what you are shooting. Thought I would share incase anyone else runs into the same problem.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

Okay after messing around, when Im fighting downhill and my arm crosshair goes behind my minimap I have been holding down Ctrl. and that will move everything down with the crosshair so you can see what you are shooting. Thought I would share incase anyone else runs into the same problem.

There's that too since its on your eyes. Doesn't allow your torso weapons to move with you, but if your arms have weapons that will help them immensely.

Using CTRL also requires Armlock to be off (or you must use CTRL + Shift) to do this.

In this vid for those interested, is the use of the second crosshair.

I'm not using CTRL here as I can't aim horizontally (due to no lower arm actuators). But if I did, the "o" crosshair would be centered on the screen instead of the "+" during this kind of aiming.

As Bravo mentioned, all other HUD elements will move with your head since all HUD positions remain on your eyes. Only your + (torso) crosshair gets abandoned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users