Community Warfare Competitive Tier

60 replies to this topic

#1 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

This list contains my opinions about the most competitive builds you can bring to Community warfare as of 3/14/2015. A lot of these you won’t find on any other lists. This took forever, I hope you all find it useful and remember it was a Kuritan that hooked you up. Long live the Third Takata Lancers.

-------------------------Light Mechs:----------------------------

---Surprisingly Competitive Tier:

FS9-S “The Pocket Thunderbolt”
This mech is a monster. This is like the 7mpl thunderbolt except it can also flank. I bring this as my brawler and it saves a lot of tonnage for me to play with. It can’t jump the gate for a light rush, but it is the best assassin in the game. It just so happens that on light rushes many enemies stand still to shoot a generator, or keep running and give you their back. This mech punishes them for either mistake. One shot, one kill (sometimes it even kills in one shot from the front of light mechs). It can also alpha 4 times in a row on most maps. If someone overheats finish them off with a single headshot.

---Competitive Tier 1:

Huginn
You know the drill. Take extra ammo for community warfare. Use the superb DPS of this mech to ravages turrets (or enemies) incredibly fast. It is a good assassin and it can jump the gate.

FS9-H “The super Jenner F”
15% heat reduction and 10% range increase. It’s the old Jenner F on steroids.

FS9-A
This has extremely limited range, but has great heat and great DPS. It is Excellent for chasing other lights or backstabbing big fellas and it can jump the gate.

RVN-2X
You might not have expected this one. This outclasses the Raven 3L sniper build. 10% cooldown, 25% less large laser heat, and -30% beam duration. Since they have (temporarily?) removed ghost heat from 3 Large lasers, Large Pulses, or ER large lasers, this mech is a monster throwing out 27 damage at 500 Meters.

---Competitive Tier 2 (usually niche mechs):

Raven 3L (Standard 2ERLL Raven)
ECM is nice, but the RVN-2X and 4X outclass this right now.

Spider 5D
You can jump, you can ECM, and you can do a little damage. It has the best maneuverability and ECM, but it is outclassed on weapons.

Locust 1E
This is the best of the little mechs. It is extremely fast, has amazing high-mounted arm weapons. Can peak over hills and back extremely rapidly. It’s medium lasers after a range module reach over 400 meters. It has 25% heat reduction (which would be impressive if it had 10 engine heatsinks already installed). It also dies in about 1 hit. Only bring this if you are doing a unique tactic, such as a dual King Crab dropdeck.

RVN-4X – “The new RVN-3L”
30% range boost and 30% duration reduction. With range modules ERLL’s have an effective range of over 950.

RVN-4X – LPL Build
The Large Pulses fire at the speed of a small pulse laser and the range reaches to 474 and generates less heat than the standard Dual ERLL Raven.

--------------------------Medium Mechs-------------------------

---Surprisingly-competitive Tier:

HBK-4J
This mech is the best bang for the your buck on tonnage. If pugging I’d trade 3 tons of ammo for medium lasers. For CW it is all about maximum ammo. This mech puts out just shy of 2x the DPS of a rainbow catapult. In short, it is amazing. I can’t remember a drop that I didn’t score at least 800 damage in this tiny, freakish, armless monster. Don’t let this missile boat fool you. The tag is high up in the head, the 10’s all hit Center torso. At 98KPH you are never out of position for long.

---Competitive Tier 1:

WLV-6K
It is currently able to avoid ghost heat by firing 3 LL at a time. One medium laser for if you lose your arm. 25% heat reduction among other 12-15% cooldown, duration, and range bonuses.

WLV-6R
40% cooldown on ac5’s. It is a pocket Dragon.

Yen-Lo-Wang
Technically surpassed by the hunchback 4G in pug drops, in CW the Yen-Lo-Wang wins out. It is faster and can carry more ammo. This mech is a supreme light killer.

------------------------Heavy mechs--------------------------------

DRG-1N “Dakka”
I don’t like this mech due to hating low hanging arms, but you are fast enough to position yourself well. When you do get an open shot, you have 50% cooldown to AC5’s making your DPS insane. Perhaps the best brawler at the moment as long as you keep your right arm. Most builds opt for a large laser or PPC. The AC5 is the money maker here, go for maximum ammo.

---Competitive Tier 1:

TDR-5SS
Best STD engine heavy brawler.
50% range buff and 15% buff to cooldown and heat reduction. Before a range module medium pulses now reach to 330. Torso twist is excellent and speed is 82.2 KPH.

TDR-9S
An alpha will cost you 49% heat on a heat Neutral map. That being said, sometimes you only get one moment to suppress a rush, nail a poptart, or punish an ECM mech who peaked. The PPCs are your primary weapon here (25% heat reduction, 25% cooldown, 30% velocity). Lasers are good for finishing things off or unleashing serious damage when needed (12.5% heat reduction, 12.5% cooldown, 15% duration). Don’t brawl with it. If you can manage to get someone to play "lets both peak and retreat" then you will win.

JM6-S “AC40”
Because light rushes are dangerous.

Ilya Muromets “The shotgun”
Lbx30 is great for light mechs or any close range brawling.

Firebrand
Speed is really important in CW. This mech has the same pinpoint hit of dual gauss, but takes advantage of the firebrand speed. AC10 and PPC would have the same extra travel speed of 950, but after quirks PPCs travel at 1140 and AC10's travel at 1045. Not perfect for pinpoint damage, but very close. The quirk of 15% heat reduction for the PPCs allows you to church out 30 pinpoint damage several times in a row.

------------------------Assault Mechs---------------------------

None

---Competitive Tier 1

STK-4N “The Future Meta”
Keep on eye on this one folks. It will become the new meta. The stalker has the biggest buffs to large lasers out of the mechs that can boat 6 of them. Now that you can fire 3 at a time without ghost heat this mech has become a monster. The 20% heat reduction alone makes it ferocious, and that is not the only large laser quirk given to it. It has a standard engine and is an absolutely amazing brawler. If it had speed and slightly better torso mounted hardpoints, this mech could make it into the surprisingly-competitive tier. It can still peak with the arm mounted weapons fairly well.

BLR-3S “Thunderbolt replacement”
Thinking about bringing a 7MPL thunderbolt but feel like you have the tonnage and should bring something bigger? Bring this.

BLR-1S “The NS Sniper”
25% range + a range module brings the ERLL effective range to 911. This mech is oversized for the job, but if you have the tonnage why not make it happen. Frontload you armor, only peak your amazingly high torso weapons and win any long-ranged battle due to the combo of range and impenetrable armor. Don’t brawl. If you do brawl, the torso twist is fast with such large engine and your arms can take a beating.

BLR-1G
One of the downsides of assaults is that they get left behind in CW and they have a hard time responding to a fast rush. This is the solution. 20 DHS, a nasty 53 damage alpha, excellent energy locations for peaking, great speed at 81.2 KPH, and a lot of laser buffs. The medium lasers after modules and quirks reach out to 350 while the LPLs reach out to 400. You can deal impressive midrange laser damage while keeping very short burntimes.

KGC-000 “All Hale the King Crab”
62 damage alpha (but don’t alpha it). This takes an already ferocious ac40 pairs it with the two strongest lasers in the game and adds 114 armor.

---Competitive tier 2:

Boar’s Head (AC20, 3LPL)
This mech leads the push. Its entire left side is vestigial. Take round the corner with that huge left arm and absorb the first few volleys. When more targets overwhelm the enemy face someone and unleash an alpha then go back to twisting. If the arm goes you can lose the left torso as well without any loss of weaponry. You can still fire the arm lasers while twisting if you are skilled enough, and if not just look at an enemy for a split second and unload the alpha before shielding again. It runs hot, but this should force you to fire and look away instead of having a starring contest.

As7-D-DC
It has a lot of armor, a huge alpha, and great shield arms. On a hot map this mech struggles. If you don’t need the ECM there are probably better options.

Now lets go claim our portion of the sphere.

Feel free to suggest your own builds that you think should have made the list or builds which you think shouldn't have made the cut.

Edited by Epydemic2020, 14 March 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#2 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

Super-competitive Tier:

HBK-4J
This mech is the best bang for the your buck on tonnage. If pugging I’d trade 3 tons of ammo for medium lasers. For CW it is all about maximum ammo. This mech puts out just shy of 2x the DPS of a rainbow catapult. In short, it is amazing. I can’t remember a drop that I didn’t score at least 800 damage in this tiny, freakish, armless monster. Don’t let this missile boat fool you. The tag is high up in the head, the 10’s all hit Center torso. At 98KPH you are never out of position for long.
Posted Image

"dual King Crab dropdeck."
Posted Image

Boar’s Head (AC20, 3LPL)
This mech leads the push. Its entire left side is vestigial. Take round the corner with that huge left arm and absorb the first few volleys. When more targets overwhelm the enemy face someone and unleash an alpha then go back to twisting. If the arm goes you can lose the left torso as well without any loss of weaponry. You can still fire the arm lasers while twisting if you are skilled enough, and if not just look at an enemy for a split second and unload the alpha before shielding again. It runs hot, but this should force you to fire and look away instead of having a starring contest.Posted Image

#3 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

Mechanagato play some drops with me and check my damage/kills.

The hunchie is guaranteed 900 damage even if the enemy is 12 hellbringers.

I have never personally dual crab dropped. But I know one pilot in particular that owns in the crab.
228 has done it before, and it worked out better than anyone could have hoped (although I'm not recommending it).

As to the last point, why wouldn't you lead a push with a 100 ton standard engine mech with a shield arm?

Edited by Epydemic2020, 14 March 2015 - 10:11 PM.

#4 Taisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:25 PM

View PostEpydemic2020, on 14 March 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

As to the last point, why wouldn't you lead a push with a 100 ton standard engine mech with a shield arm?

The Boar's Head costs 7,500 MC when not on sale, which is 95% of the time. It is also Worse than the AS7-S and D-DC.

To the Hunchback I say, please don't. Other Hunchbacks can do Equal Damage (or more) with Concentrated Fire rather than Meager Spread.

In addition: The BLR-3S is Not As Good as the 5SS at boating MPLS, speaking from Experience.

Edited by Taisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky, 14 March 2015 - 09:37 PM.

#5 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

@taisa

I don't think Metamechs is better. In fact I think some of their ideas are downright bad.
Look at this king crab on their tier 2 assault (right were I put my Boar's head).
These are just about the same thing. Except mine has a sexy arm.

Worse yet metamechs puts this mech as the highest tier medium.

Try out the hunchback 4J. It is so much better than I expected. The thing that makes it so nasty is that it doesn't spread. Lrm10s with Artemis and tag all hit the ct. I wouldn't have believed it until I played it. It's easy mode for 1000 damage games. I'm not a missle boat kind of a guy, but holy crap man you must try it. Where the annoying rainbow mech hits you with 5 lrms every .5 seconds this mech hits you with 10 lrms every .6 seconds.

Metamechs does include the 4J, but they give it an absolutely terrible build. Wanna have way less ammo, less speed, and NOT put the tag in the head? Yea.. if that's how you build it then you won't be impressed.

#6 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

lol

#7 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

I Am Disgusted By This List.

#8 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

I'm looking forward to running into some of you while pugging :)

#9 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

Just curious to anyone posting about how bad the 4J is, anybody willing to share their KDR, damage, # of games, etc for their best hunchies or best mediums?

#10 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

spy from other faction hope we will divulge good mech secrets??

#11 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

@mechanagato
Hopefully they only read the part about the Locust 1E and think that's a legitimately good mech to bring in situations besides having a drop dech with only 20 tons remaining.

#12 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

A TDR9S with an XL engine..... what are some people thinking?

#13 moderatepudding

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 147 posts
  • LocationThe Danger Zone

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostSamurai Hanse Davion, on 14 March 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

I Am Disgusted By This List.

#14 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

On the right track, but could be improved. In all honesty metamechs is a good reference but one must rely on what he/she has, and if not that then abuse the banshee trial, maybe the victor/griffin/quickdraw ones too. Clan side, stormcrow/dwf/mdd are strongest.

http://metamechs.com...-lists/is-list/ Missing a few, plus needs to be from map to map and mode to mode, as those matter.

A few I can bring up is:

Lights:
Locust/Commando for low weight
Spider 5D ECM + JJs zerging
Firestarter/Raven/Jenner all are the better lights though if you can spare tonnage.

Meds:
Cicada counts as a light, but as Jenner/Raven/Firestarter it's good for tonnage limits.
Vind/BJ I've heard good, bad, but in all honesty only if you got that much more tonnage to fit it in.
HBK-4J and TBTs (maybe KTOs, QKD-4H) can all fit as LRMs.
HBK-GI is super strong long range.
Rest of HBKs (HBK-4SP, 4P, 4G are best) all brawl. WVR-7K, GRFs, and CN9s brawl too.
WVR-6K/6R are strong middle rangers.

Heavies:
Dragons are niche but 1N/Flame will work. Quickies work with 5K, been good recently.
TDRs are nuff said. Control your heat on these energy boats.
Jager are good close long range. Can only specialize though. Cats are good for LRMs/SRMs or K2/J lazors/acs.
Cataphract is good in every way you choose to make it. Same as Orions, very balanced, jack of all trades.

Assaults:
Victors are good heavies. Awesomes can work, but it's only for the experienced.
Banshee/Stalker > Battlemaster under most circumstances, but Battlemasters have their merits.
The specific variants are Banshee 3E and Stalker 4N that are strong.
AS7-DDC/S have good brawling + speed. KGC has weaker glass cannon attributes but can brawl or snipe.

Think I covered all of em. Good luck IS fellows.

Edited by luxebo, 14 March 2015 - 11:14 PM.

#15 moderatepudding

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 147 posts
  • LocationThe Danger Zone

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

View PostEpydemic2020, on 14 March 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

Just curious to anyone posting about how bad the 4J is, anybody willing to share their KDR, damage, # of games, etc for their best hunchies or best mediums?

Posted Image

I'm not an especially great medium pilot but w/e

Please Don't Use LRMs

#16 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

@abivard
A lot of what makes a mech competitive is how it is used in conjunction with the team.
The 9S is too hot. It is meant to serve a very particular niche. This mech comes with a lot of trade-offs, but it is the best at one particular thing (handling poptarts and delivering rapid long-range damage). Standard engines make it more well-rounded, but they make it slower and/or less efficient at cooling (reducing its ability to perforce its niche).

Heck the Battlemaster 1S 4X ERLL is not a good build without team tactics either. It is an over-armored mech with long burntimes and a terrible short range defense. You won't be insta-killing any mechs who show themselves, but you will win longrange engagements over time. As you will undoubtedly have both a range and armor advantage. This build wins within its niche. Which I why I think any mechs whichs are guaranteed to win in one very specific scenario have the potential to be competitive (as long as you can force that scenario to take place).

Feel free to disagree, but hopefully this explains the mindset I have while recommending these builds.

#17 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

Posted Image

And My Drop Deck:
AS7-S - The Big Boy. Eats Up Enemy Mechs, Epic Noms. Lol. Shield With Right Arm, And Back Left Torso.

TDR-9S - The Stock. Perfect Mech For Those On A Budget. Works Fresh Out Of The Store.

SHD-2H - The Support. Awesome Mech. Keep That Arm Protected, And You Will Sow Chaos Upon The Enemy.

LCT-1V - The Light. Great Mech. While Your Team Is Rushing You Can Set Up Behind Them And Really Spread Chaos Amongst Your Targets With Pin Point Sniping Damage.

#18 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

Downgrade the Battlemaster 1S to another 5SS. Same ERLL range, more free tonnage. Here's my clan fighting dropdeck if anyone is interested:

Wubbolt

ERLLbolt has the 1 ML mostly for UAVs.

LLbolt (My 5S(P) for the bonus rewards)

LL WVR

There are other good builds out there but this deck works very well for me. Also not a fan of metamechs.

Edited by Divine Retribution, 14 March 2015 - 11:23 PM.

#19 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:13 PM

@samurai
Lol.

Edited by Epydemic2020, 14 March 2015 - 11:13 PM.

#20 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

Good post @Divine Retribution.

I was aware some version of the 5SS as a sniper mech should be on this tier, but I have never done it myself so I left it off. I will say though that -if you have the extra tons- I think the "NS sniper" is a bit better.

22 HS compared to your 17, and 8 additional KPH, loads more armor, and better hardpoint location (those toros are super high and amazing), and 12.5% beam duration reduction.

I like your "LL WVR". The only reason mine is slightly different is because of the (hopefully permanent but it isn't sure yet) changes made to LL ghost heat. No extra heat is generated with 3 lasers if you fire all three at this moment in time. That being said, even with the ghost heat of 4 LL (which I'm sure you could easily avoid if needed) I think your build is definitely a viable alternative.

Thanks for the ideas.

Edited by Epydemic2020, 14 March 2015 - 11:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users