63 replies to this topic

#1 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:55 AM

Mechwarrior 5 is dead, the video that was made that would MW5 early was a big lie. The current game in my point of view or close to half the true titles because I played, certainly good for your time this and that and strange. And currently only some mech designs are new and being equal the worst scene that certain thing that could be a bang with existing technology but it is not the sound of weapons the game dynamics and stuff but PGI does not know or want?. But many as I still believe that it is possible but only with our money and they can. Wait and see! Google translator

#2 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 15 March 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

Google Translator explains why I didn't understand any of that.

MechWarrior 5 died because they failed to receive funding for the project not because PGI didn't want to make it.

Aside from that, [Thomas] Yune slapped a cease and desist order on the project, due to the diagram outline in the video.

Plus, you're looking at MechWarrior 5 in a new way. Russ stated in the T.H. Meetings that the FPS version will get released at some point. Just have patience.

#3 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

Yeah its pretty much dead and, to be honest, I'm kinda happy that it is. If the past few years of gaming have taught me anything, its that a lot of game storylines have become stupidly complex and even if MW5 came out, I was probably going to be disappointed by it anyway because some guy thought he really could write a dramatic story after skimming the wiki for about two seconds.

Mechwarrior/Battletech is about giant robots blowing the **** out of each other with 30 ton weapons that shoot plasma, something that I feel that Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries made clear.

Edited by AkoolPopTart, 15 March 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#4 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

The game is still far from Ancient MW4m. I wonder why? The mech are much stronger in old and with its technical limitations then respond. MW5 this dead end. When someone has the courage to do now and make the already simple money already known that PGI is working on another title and with that money? simple. But I am guilty of believing.

#5 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 15 March 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

. That idea was scrapped by Microsoft in about 2004 and it died fast with nothing but supposedly leaked screenshots ever coming out of it. .
Thats why when you get your hands on something confidential, you don't release it to the public. :angry:

#6 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:11 AM

View PostMech42Ace, on 15 March 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

Thats why when you get your hands on something confidential, you don't release it to the public. :angry:

Pretty sure someone got fired over that...

#7 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

All I want from MW5 is that large city map.

Is it too much to want a decent large urban map to brawl in? Not river city neighborhood where every one spawns and dances around in circles.

Sigh

#8 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 16 March 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

Is it too much to want a decent large urban map to brawl in? Not river city neighborhood where every one spawns and dances around in circles.

Sigh

Except... that wasn't a large city map in the trailer. It barely showed one city block. We have more than that in River City.

#9 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:15 AM

Sigh

I just want the Warhammer....

#10 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 March 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

I just want the Warhammer....

I just want a single-player experience set during the Succession Wars :mellow:

#11 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

Sigh

URBIE NEEDS A MAP!!!

#12 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostInRev, on 16 March 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

I just want a single-player experience set during the Succession Wars :mellow:

I'd be on board for that too.

#13 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

And you JUST figured this out? Lol, everyone here already knows MW5 has been dead for years.

I hope they do develop a campaign eventually, but honestly their track record is not too great right now.

Ex: google Transverse and Battletech Universe (BTU). GREAT looking games, but for whatever reason only MWO has survived developer purgatory.

If the single player campaign does not begin development within 1 year, probably won't happen. Honestly, I'd rather see them finish up this game than attempt another start-up, only to have both the start up fail and this game to close...

#14 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

Would PGI license the MechWarrior rights? Has this been asked?

Edited by MechregSurn, 16 March 2015 - 10:09 AM.

#15 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 15 March 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

MechWarrior 4 was rebooted in 2009 by MekTek who rerealesed MW4Mercs with new Mechpaks and started up Online playing. That seriously rekindled the old games. Whereas MW5 we all knew was doomed to end as soon as it began.

Want the full story? Here it is.

MechWarrior 5 original was planned as MW:Prime. That idea was scrapped by Microsoft in about 2004 and it died fast with nothing but supposedly leaked screenshots ever coming out of it. 4 years later Piranha Games Inc and Smith and Tinker teamed up to create a new MechWarrior game as a reboot of the franchise simply titled MechWarrior 5 and set in 3028 or so. This idea was scrapped first because of lack of funding. All funds were withdrawn soon after Alpha began, and then right after that their was a cease and desist along with a Harmony Gold attack because of the Warhammer mech in the cinematic (which that design was stolen from Robotech). That dream died and no word was heard until 2010 when MW:O was announced. Piranha Games Inc bought out the license from Smith and Tinker (which was led by the original creator of Battletech Jordon Weisman). After this Smith and Tinker went bankrupt and now PGI has taken the entire license including publishing rights. MW5 is dead and even to the point where the cinematics were removed from this website including the original script videos. The dream died, and PGI has not said anything about it. In fact they sealed their own doom on that project when they tried to undertake a second project called Transverse which told them: that this community refused to fund or help them in any venture other than this because they SUCKED AT EVERYTHING THEY HAD DONE UP TO THIS POINT.

So to recap: MW4:Mercs actually lived longer than the dream of MW5 ever did.

Thanks for the stories needed :P. But what penalty. But if the IGP PGI has the full license because not resume the project with an extra for the future as a complement MWO and yes demonstrate that it is possible to MW5 with its history. Expect to see.

#16 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 March 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

I expect to see the end of this franchise in 2 years.
Naw I don't think the franchise will die... In fact the table top player base is stronger then ever. Don't forget this game's going to be released on to steam soon... Im sure that'll bring the surge of players needed. :)

#17 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 16 March 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

Would PGI license the MechWarrior rights? Has this been asked?

Well if PGI doesn't do anything with it other than MWO I'd imagine they would. There's great money to be made on Mech Warrior yet! Ratings for MW4 and the Mech Assault games were high so... I don't think anyone would just sit on their butt and twiddle their thumbs with the rights.

#18 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 March 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

Go anywhere in this community and 7/10 people will say that MechAssault sucked. MechWarrior 4 is averagely rated (by this community) around a 6/10 same as MW:O. So yeah that isn't true. Also Microsoft sat on their butt twiddling their thumbs for half a decade before PGI managed to get the rights.

Ugh... you know what? Go anywhere in this community and 7/10 people are douches. What's your point? I thought Mech Assault was a great game!!! I had fun playing it!!!!! SO SCREEEEEW YOOOOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol idc if hardcore battlenerds think Mech Assault sucked, the ratings stand. If you guys think the ratings are bs, then you can go back and hide under your hexes bc average people don't care about a perfect battletech experience.

Rule of thumb: If you expect a game to cater to every single one of your needs you will grow to despise it. Learn to love the game. Respect the game. Don't make it your life.

I mean honestly, back before all this early access alphabetagammadeltaBLABLABLA... THOSE WERE THE GOOD DAYS! Leave beta testing to beta testers, not 12-yr old COD fans and 40-yr old miniature maniacs and 20-yr old college dropouts.

#19 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

I feel like the time line of Mechwarrior is missing a page... it's a very heavily besmirched page by most of the community... but, MW4:Mercs had a sequel. And that sequel had its own expansion pack/sequel: in the Mech Assault games.

MW4: Mercs ended with a little teaser trailer, and threw up the Word of Blake logo... and what did Mech Assaults story deal with? The Word of Blake. Still made by Microsoft, and right after MW4: Mercs

Personally, I really enjoyed the Mech Assault games. No, they weren't 'Mechwarrior' in that they weren't 1st person simulations. But everything it did did have some precedence in Mechwarrior: 3050 for the SNES (Battletech for the Sega Genesis) And they were fun :P

Once MWO came out, I just thought that teaser trailer we got evolved into it. Our UAVs do look exactly like the one in the trailer. I know they got slapped hard for using a Warhammer in it. Which is what shoved development back to the stone age, I assume.

I'd still like to see a single player game come out again... but, every time I feel the itch, I can go play MW3, and Pirate's Moon... because nothing they will ever make will be as good as those games were :P

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 16 March 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#20 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

With the time I have spent in the Battletech community, I will disagree with your statement, most are not "Douches" Maybe I would call them a little 'Protective' but most are a respectable cool group who are great to hang around with be it on a forum or in person.
1.While it shames me to admit... I am a Cod player myself, that's right haters B)
2. I think I hear the birds calling...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users