Mechwarrior 5 Dead?

63 replies to this topic

#61 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 01 April 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

yep and that is because MechWarrior has become one of the least profitable franchises do to it switching hands, and because this is the most stubborn community to make anything for. Pretty much you have one formula, and if you don't meet its criteria or if you change it then the game will instantly fail, except one single case.... MechCommander. Other than that though, the entire franchise barely makes any money any more.

There's still room for PGI to make quite a bit of money.

The sad reality is that - poor gamemodes, questionable balance, and glacial development aside - all they really have to do is start pumping out single-player/co-op missions and this game will really take off.

#62 Star General Tso Kerensky

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:54 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 07 April 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Money publication for those games cannot be accessed except through the title owner. Or in English: They can't sell what they don't own. Microsoft's license for the old titles is for a FREE release. MechWarrior Online is a modern game thus money can be made. Those games now have Owner License Publication meaning unless the owner of the merchandise allows you to make money off these products you never will be able too.

This game needs a lot more work other than Single Player, balance, and those other problems. It is greatly flawed especially with PGI's flawed mentality.

This makes me wonder what it would cost to do a free HD remake of MW2 and 3

#63 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

I would like to see a single player map(s). I would be more than happy to pay to play a single player map(s).

#64 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

Hello Hello. "remake" no, and possible to PGI want, and leave the MW5 will be done as a complement to the MWO, not liking much of their work but I have to say that the designed mechs are not bad. The question is which and its source in the drawings of mechs and infrastructure of the map for me and MW2. Will say there. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users