11 replies to this topic

#1 Edward Radenovic-Espinueva

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTukayyid

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:03 PM

Any plans in th future for Battlesuits/Elementals? The anti-mech training can work similar to titan fall where you can jump on the mech to plant charges/deal damage to vulnerable joint sections of the mech's legs. Actually maybe they got it from Tabletop/RPG Battletech ;)

While we're on the subject of legs. Whyis there no Death from Above mechanics (but you can hurt your legs from falling damage), or ramming damage to friendlies but not enemies?

Which leads to another question... when is physical damage going to be developed further to encompass melee (Yen-Lo-Wang's Claw or Hachetman's Hachet or Axman's Axe)?

And speaking of Yen-Lo-Wang why change the Centurion's iconic big bore right-arm to some pipsqueak peeshooter? I've heard things like standardization/compartmentalizing. So they are charging expensive prices for digital content to make things easier for them and make all mechs bland and not unique?

I hope they seriously change it back to its original look (even when your arm is blown-off, when you look at the arm on the ground its the original arm look, lol). If not have a unique Centurion variant sporting it like the Hunchback has for its ballistic slotted rightorso.

Edited by Edward Radenovic-Espinueva, 16 March 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#2 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

You think PGI is actually gonna put any work like that into this? Titan fall may be Call of Duty Robots edition, and it was bad, but don't get your hopes up for this actually resembling anything in an old mechwarrior game or even Mech Assault.

That would take work, Work is not something PGI wants to do. Melee would take work, common sense and a lot of coding.. something again..PGI does not want to do.

As for the other things? I don't know..when I lose an arm I typically don't stare at it because that means I am getting shot at. I would not put it past PGI to charge more money for visual changes as ..they have before..

#3 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

They'd make good external body armor bits since, in the board game, they can ride your mech into battle.

#4 Edward Radenovic-Espinueva

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTukayyid

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

Yup they most likely took that from tabletop mechanics of battletech ;)

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostEdward Radenovic-Espinueva, on 16 March 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

BattleArmor and the like, if they do make an appearance, will be in the form of consumables.

PGI has expressed interest in doing this but are flabbergasted as to how to make it work.

#6 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

Dropteam had a very good dynamic - one player would control an infantryman, but the rest of the squad would jump, crouch when the player did, and would fire at the same objects: http://www.battlefro...sk=blogcategory

I used to love running around in a Commando with just a laser and an LRM5... however when they buffed the AMS it meant that LRM was useless in small quantities...

#7 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:27 AM

On that note, having Elementals being a Clan-style "artillery strike" would be pure awesome. Of course, you'd have to limit it to one per TEAM rather than one per mech or you could potentially drop 240 Elementals on an opposing team in CW.

#8 Edward Radenovic-Espinueva

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTukayyid

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

Agreed Koniving. Maybe the 2 Squad Commanders and Company Commander only would get access to use them once a game and it would only be available for CW and only available to clans for the moment. Not sure when the IS were able to capture/salvage and reverse engineer their own low-tech version... 3052?

#9 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 17 March 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

drop 240 Elementals on an opposing team in CW.

You say it like it is a bad thing :blink: :o :lol:

#10 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 02 April 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

You say it like it is a bad thing :blink: :o :lol:

(╯°□°)╯︵ (Sniper09121986)

#11 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 17 March 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

On that note, having Elementals being a Clan-style "artillery strike" would be pure awesome. Of course, you'd have to limit it to one per TEAM rather than one per mech or you could potentially drop 240 Elementals on an opposing team in CW.

Err...don't you mean 60? 5 elementals per point...12 points deployable... I'm pretty sure it'd be 60. And I think it'd make more sense if they just jumped off your mech, so they'd have kind of a limited range in comparison to arty/airstrike. You know, seeing as mixed binaries were kind of a thing, and those dudes literally rode into battle hanging onto handles on the outside of mechs. I seem to recall an entire trinary of mechs outfitted to jump including several that mounted elementals in Falcon Guard.

#12 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:31 PM

It's becoming clear that PGI are just going to keep making and selling Mech Packs, right up to the point where people stop buying them, they can no longer afford to pay their own wages, and they shutter the game for good.

Deformable terrain, melee and collision, elementals, combined arms, European servers, new game modes, single player campaign... they're all just pleasant fantasies designed to keep us buying Mechs in a spirit of eternal hope.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users