March 17 Quirk Update

625 replies to this topic

#41 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

View Postgl0w, on 16 March 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Summoner quirks will at least make it interesting to build for again. Still needs more/better omnipods to really fit into a niche role.

We just need the Summoner - M, although PGI is probably saving that for a hero mech.

#42 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

If I'm playing this game for years to come, slow and steady seems okay. No Thunderbolt craziness please.

#43 Little Details

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO, USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

View Postreddevil, on 16 March 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Gargoyle got 26 extra health in each arm for the prime? That seems pretty nice.
Yeah, armor for the Garg and Highlander are the only positive things that grabbed my attention the first time through. Only other thing that grabbed my attention was the clan weapon quirks because someone obviously hit the find and replace button to remove the 0's from before the % sign.

#44 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 16 March 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

We just need the Summoner - M, although PGI is probably saving that for a hero mech.

MALTHUS!!!!!1!

Posted Image

#45 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

Did you just make another "Dragon AC5 machinegun" out of Quickdraw Hero? Oh wait, no, it fires 10% slower than that.

#46 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

nova nova nova nova nova nova novaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#47 Hadrogh

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

Came here to be excited but now ...

Posted Image

Edited by Hadrogh, 16 March 2015 - 12:46 PM.

#48 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostFupDup, on 16 March 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

I like that the Clan mechs are being done on a per-Omnipod basis. I also like that many identical pods, such as CT's, are being somewhat differentiated (even if not much).

...But the values on most of them seem pretty darn low. -1% laser duration? 2% missile velocity? Quirks like that won't really change the mechs' effectiveness very much.

I will say however that the +12 internal structure on the Puma's legs is pretty strong. Nearly all of the weapon quirks however...not so much.

But dude, +4% machine gun range!!!

OK I was expecting "moderate" from Russ' tweets last night, and I think it's good they are being careful - but some of these seem microscopic.

View PostRuss Bullock, on 16 March 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

Remember the Clan omnipod amounts are low because players can stack with other pods

Russ, if you are still reading this:

The concept is good, but you STILL are not factoring in the value of the weapon being quirked.

+5% Gauss range is +33M, that's a good small bonus.
+5% Clan Machine Gun Range is +6m, that's a tiny and irrelevant bonus that doesn't impact performance and doesn't take weapon spread into consideration.
(example numbers)

I created THIS THREAD specifically because your team is quirking ALL weapons as if they were equally valuable. They are not.

#49 Tuefel Hunden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Yeah, it's cool. I can really accelerate and decelerate fast in my Adder now. Forget the ERPPCs, nah we don't want any serious buffs there. Might be able to compete with a Panther.

#50 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

View PostKin3ticX, on 16 March 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

PGI has to be careful with quirks, even with mechs that are considered somewhat underdog or starved of podspace/hardpoints. The Gargoyle has some capable laser vomit builds(especially with the bonus variant). Proton and Writhen are driving the 6ERML, 6ERSL, 27DHS "Mangoyle" and doing amazing against the general group queue.

I can run up 800-1200 damage in the normal queue in my GAR-D as well boating massive amounts of small lasers and DHS.

That does not make it a good 'mech for 12-mans (outside of full-on rush tactics) or CW. It has the misfortune of being within 5 tons on either side of the 2nd most and 3rd most heavily armed clan 'mechs. All I expected really was agility and armor/structure and hopefully a change in movement archetype anyway. Strange that the "D" which to me is the best (2E CT) gets the most significant accel/deccel.

#51 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

Did you just make another "Dragon AC5 machinegun" out of Quickdraw Hero? Oh wait, no, it fires 10% slower than that.

Much like the Wolverine, lower boosts due to having JJ's.

#52 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

View PostIronClaws, on 16 March 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

#53 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

View PostFupDup, on 16 March 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

But dude, you get to stack the Adder arm and side torsos to get an entire -4% laser duration.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW HUGE THAT WILL BE, BRO?

BROOOOO!!! I KNOW RIGHT!!!!?? its gonna be amazing!! adder gonna top the charts of the clan is OP QQ now yesssssssss!

#54 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

Remember the Clan omnipod amounts are low because players can stack with other pods

Russ, thanks for posting here. Please, please have another look at the CPLT-K2. Arguably the most iconic PPC platform after the AWS-8Q, yet no one is using it for PPCs. It's just used for AC10s and gauss. It is begging for some PPC cooldown / heat reduction quirks. Not projectile speed or range.

Please, please, save the CPLT-K2!

Posted Image

#55 washout

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 16 March 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Cool. :)

Quick thought -

If you'd like to make the quirks more immersive and fun for the BT enthusiasts, you should have someone in-house come up with creative roleplaying tidbits to explain them. Such as -

...without breaching lore, of course.

Per mech quirks are already a thing in lore, like some are easier or harder to pilot etc...

#56 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 16 March 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

PGI has to be careful with quirks, even with mechs that are considered somewhat underdog or starved of podspace/hardpoints. The Gargoyle has some capable laser vomit builds(especially with the bonus variant). Proton and Writhen are driving the 6ERML, 6ERSL, 27DHS "Mangoyle" and doing amazing against the general group queue.

i dont disagree with you at all they have to be careful but this is laughable and changes nothing basically... i personally love jumping in GAR's with a couple buddies and running around the group ques it is fun..... when your talking proton and writhen you are also talking about top comp players and that is fraction of a % of the MWO community and they probably have some other top comp players grouped with them :)

#57 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

so IS lights get +20/+30% or mroe increases,
Clan lights with all the Adder Missile Pods together = +4% Velocity -4% Spread?,
are you kidding me? Adder-A ST(1E) -1%Duration? is this a JOKE?

#58 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

The internals and armor quirks are very good
The 'other' quirks (yaw, speed, etc) are good as well.
The heat quirks are kind of meh, but decent.
The clan weapon quirks are not even worth look at or considering when seeting up a loadout.
The secondary clan weapon quirks (lbx spread, etc are not as horrible as the range/heat, etc ones)

I predict that clan loadouts will be all about maximizing the non weapon quirks while keeping the weapons you like.

#59 Detriitus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts
  • LocationA long time ago in a galaxy far less explored

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

Movement and structure quirks look very nice.

I have no idea if the weapon quirks will be noticable, although even small reductions in spread might have an effect. But these missile acc quirks of 1% ... ? Feels like: We need to have one other value. Now, even 1% heat reduction would have been nice.

#60 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

I'm sure we understand that but can you point to a stack of them that you see as truly useful for a build to make it more desirable over the standard drop deck mechs? I'm looking at the ice ferret and both energy weapon quirks are on the same arm > :(

Cool down bonuses on energy weapons, on most mechs I don't even run the cooldown modules on anything that relies on lasers because I will still be waiting on my heat to go down by the time the weapons cycle smaller hit and run mechs I see if being useful, ferret and cheater(sp). I can see being careful with the ballistics though, UAC DW is just annoying to be hit by.

Burn time and face time are the biggest issues when facing an enemy that can PPFLD then twist away, fire and forget, only thing that clan mechs have that does that are erPPCs (Gauss has a charge for all the know it all's).

I was thinking that mechs with glaring weaknesses such as the summoner only having energy hardpoints on the arms would get a bit more focuses on that eg. Dragon 1N & Wolverine 6k, super great DPS with 1 big weakness.

UAC on adder...how about some crazy projectile speed for it at least, make it more Pin point damage, give it a flavour that other mechs don't have for clans. It can't boat them that's for sure.

Currently these quirks don't encourage anyone to take these mechs in place, unless I missed something, just looked and Adder can only stack %4 ER PPC cooldown regardless of how you stack it, nada for heat though. I think I saw -4% laser duration stack as well.

Great start though, do like the idea just needs to look at making things a little more desired

Edited by shad0w4life, 16 March 2015 - 12:58 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users