ORMC Hosted Casual Tournament

19 replies to this topic

#1 FaythoftheLost

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

ORMC, the Outer Rim Merc Company, would like to invite any and all to participate in a basic two day tournament meant solely to open up doors and encourage a couple of days of fun while playing our favorite game. This is an open registration event so that people can drop with more then just those they play with in their unit all the time.

Open registration, what does that mean?

-This means that this is not a unit or faction based event. The sole purpose of this event is to encourage everyone to run with their friends from different units and to have a whole lot of fun gaming with people we do not usually get to play with.

So what is a team?

-A lance is a four man lance consisting of 1 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy, and 1 assault. There is NO weight restriction but you are only able to bring one of each weight class to the board.

So how does this work exactly?

-Each round consists of three matches in private lobbies on maps to be determined close to the time of the tournament. The best of three wins that match up. Once all teams have played at this level the next opponent will be announced.

Since everyone will be dying to know exactly what is 'counted' for points in winning this tournament it is very simple.

Your lance wins.

Each win counts as point. A tie counts as no points for either team. A loss does not win a point either. This is intended to be straight up and fun.

Can teams have a substitute since it might be hard for some players to commit to this event for the whole duration?

-Absolutely! There will be a few ORMC members able to fill in extra slots as needed and I am sure there will be others. Please keep in mind that the winning team is the team that will be awarded, so simply the four winning members. Any sticky issues that come up at the end will be handled at that time with calm discussion among those involved.

How exactly are we doing this? Does everyone need premium time?

-We will be doing this in private lobbies. This means that realistically only one member of each team will need premium time in order to command each side. This keeps us out of the confusion of sync dropping with pugs (anyone else remember those days?) or anything else and lets each team drop all three of their matches one right after the other and keep things moving.

Alright I might be interested....when is this thing? How do we register?

This tournament starts on Saturday March 28 at 2pm EASTERN standard time and Sunday March 29th at the same time. If needed this might be moved earlier for European teams but that is tentative. This means that all teams need to get in contact with ORMC members or reply directly to this thread or contact myself FaythoftheLost either through the game or teamspeak. Please register no later then Friday March 27 by 2pm eastern time please. That gives us just enough time to set everything up for the next day.

So what do we get?

-Beyond bragging rights and pleasure of knowing you've kicked some serious mech? Each member of the winning team will get a $5 Steam Card. Not seem like good enough bait? That's okay! There's a lot of us looking forward to stepping into the arena!

Can I volunteer?

-YES! PLEASE YES! -coughs- I mean yes if you feel like you do not have the time to participate in the tournament on a team we would love any assistance you'd like to provide with helping during the tournament. This ranges from keeping track of scoring, answering questions, and helping people keep their matches going.

So you think your team has what it takes?

Come to ts1.housesteiner.com on teamspeak, no password needed. Contact FaythoftheLost or any other member of ORMC for more information! The original thread for this is posted here: http://www.outerrimm...8th-29th/page/1

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 23 March 2015 - 02:45 AM.

#2 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

Very nice community event and my first community tournament as well. Thanks a lot!

*Vanguard of Arluna* will try to participate, please consider this post as registration.

#3 FaythoftheLost

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:48 AM

It is a pleasure and honor Catalina to know that the Vanguard will be joining us! Your names are added to our roster! :)

#4 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostFaythoftheLost, on 16 March 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

The sole purpose of this event is to encourage everyone to run with their friends from different units and to have a whole lot of fun gaming with people we do not usually get to play with.

Sounds like lotsa fun. works out as 4am Sun for me, but I'll see if I can show up.

#5 FaythoftheLost

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:37 AM

So far we are looking at roughly five teams signed up so far! Lets keep them rolling in guys and plan on having a few days of blowing up mechs and having a great time!

#6 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:38 AM

Hoping to drag some of my Devil Dogs in, if I can wake them up in time.

Also, put the dates and times in BIG FONT so we can reference it quickly, please. :)

Edited by Peiper, 22 March 2015 - 05:39 AM.

#7 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:45 AM

View PostFaythoftheLost, on 16 March 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

This tournament starts on Saturday March 28 at 2pm EASTERN standard time and Sunday March 29th at the same time.

Please register no later then Friday March 27 by 2pm eastern time please.

Come to ts1.housesteiner.com on teamspeak, no password needed. Contact FaythoftheLost or any other member of ORMC for more information! The original thread for this is posted here: http://www.outerrimm...8th-29th/page/1

Good idea, Peiper... this are the most important informations concerning place and time.

#8 FaythoftheLost

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:06 AM

Thank you Catalina and Peiper this definitely helps! Dates are getting close lets see if we can get some names down!

#9 JosefKafka

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWorld?

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

Hello. I will be dropping with the peeps from Vanguard of Arluna, but I'd figure it would be best for me to register myself as myself since I'm not really a part of them due to their unfortunate choise in their allegiance.

#10 Dettmam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:24 AM

Do we have the date already? I´m working in bringing INEX in... (but I will be dropping with VAR)

#11 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

I guess the match schedule will be ready on Saturday - when all possible participants have registered.

The tournament will take place on Saturday March 28 at 2pm EASTERN standard time and Sunday March 29th at the same time.

#12 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

Our lance showed up and it straight up didn't happen. What's going on?

#13 FaythoftheLost

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

It was delayed because people showed up several hours late in addition to me being strong armed into working several hours later then I should have. It is set to go right now though and we're picking up stragglers as it proceeds! Thank you to everyone that showed up this weekend and participated in this! It means a lot to us!

#14 Girth Fillmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

Fun games, happy to be a ringer for a good group of players.

#15 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

A big o7 to everybody there! Thanks Girth for filling in as our 4th on such short notice!

#16 JosefKafka

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWorld?

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:50 PM

Blimey. That tournament was the best time I've ever had in MWO. So much fun. That being said, Saturday getting canceled and the timing overall forced me to retire before the end. I'm not saying the timetables should be changed to accomodate me, but Saturday would've been a lot better for me.

Regardless, thank you for your work, it was an epic experience.

#17 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:32 AM

Same is true for me, it was an incredible experience and I was a first-timer. I never was sooo excited before when I was playing MWO.

I can cancur with Kafka because of the date. We played six rounds, we started at 2pm EST and I know this is early for the US. The tournament ended at 7pm EST but for the Finns it was 2am in the night. I know they have a hard time today at work.

But that's only a luxury problem right now. We are more than happy with our score and it's time to celebrate for us.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks so much, Fayth, for performing this tournament so professionally. Nicely done!

#18 Totem1

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

Although I was only able to help out with 2 matches it was a brilliant idea, well executed and organised and an absolute blast to play. Was pleased to help my team come out at second place and feel that every move, shot, call out and positioning made a massive difference to the small team. Even when I was first to die at one point I felt almost ashamed because my team was now 1 mech short of 4 and the difference that losing me could have made. Luckily it didn't but what a responsibility! Don't feel like that in 12 mans too much so the change was very refreshing. Thank you.

#19 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

http://www.twitch.tv...t88/b/643241475

Here's a recording of all the games from Lance 1's DWF perspective. My commanding was terrible early on but picked up through the rounds. :D

Thanks to Hearst for providing the stream for our team.

#20 Girth Fillmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

It's pretty cool that you own a potato that can record video!

:P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users