66 replies to this topic

#21 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostCutterWolf, on 17 March 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Dear PGI,

It has come to my fellow Clansmen that our Mechs are entirely too OP for the IS to handle even with IS mechs currently out classing our mechs on several levels due to quirks. So in the interest of fair play we would like to suggest the following action(s). First we believe that 10 Clan mech vs 12 IS mechs for CW would not produce the winning % the IS needs. Neither do we believe that the -20% speed when losing a side torso would also produce the winning % the IS needs either. They would help push it in the right direction but just not to where it needs to be.

We feel that by reducing the totally OP nature of how our Clan mechs move is the best way to get to that magic winning % for the IS. So we are petitioning you to start all Clan mechs as "legged" in every match. We feel this is the next logical step and if that still does not produce the needed win % we would like to suggest restricting all Clan mechs to machine guns only.

Thanks!

well PGI has started in the right direction in terms of machine guns for us, the Summoner just got 2% range bonus on the D chassis. wait on second thought that could clearly OP the mech.

#22 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

Then claners can remove all the armor from the given leg which gives them even more tonnage for weapons. Would make it even worse!

Basinga

#23 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostCrushLibs, on 17 March 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

Nothing is balanced

Look at the facts Heat per Damage most of the IS lasers run cooler , have shorter duration , and with quirks have same range as clans plus get more cycling and cooling buffs on top.

Most SRM IS mechs have a 30-40m SRM range advantage and an extra 7% damage buff

UAC and AC -- the IS are more pinpoint , come on the clan AC-20 shoots 5 slow moving balls COMPLETELTY WORTHLESS!!
Clan UAC-5 & 10s spread damage alot.

Guass and LRMs are about equal

PGI please fix the game stop making it worse

Out of curiosity, what mech's lasers, discounting ER LL, are equal to clanners'?
You also forgot damage for ton and critspace.

#24 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

Posted Image

#25 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 17 March 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Then claners can remove all the armor from the given leg which gives them even more tonnage for weapons. Would make it even worse!

Basinga

Na, you see when starting out legged PGI would have to remove all that armor as if the mech had it blown off. We want to make sure that if they go with our suggestion that we would not have that extra armor to work with since that would again give us an unfair advantage.

#26 CrushLibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 546 posts

so discount the main lasers all IS mechs use in CW ya right.

#27 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Boo

Frickin

Hoo

#28 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 17 March 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

well PGI has started in the right direction in terms of machine guns for us, the Summoner just got 2% range bonus on the D chassis. wait on second thought that could clearly OP the mech.

Yes, we mite have to re-think the "M-Gun only" thing or we could just get PGI to rollback that totally OP buff on our M-Guns. I'm really feeling sorry for the IS at this point that M-Gun buff could be very game changing.

#29 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

Nothing is balanced

Look at the facts Heat per Damage most of the IS lasers run cooler , have shorter duration , and with quirks have same range as clans plus get more cycling and cooling buffs on top.

UAC and AC -- the IS are more pinpoint , come on the clan AC-20 shoots 5 slow moving balls COMPLETELTY WORTHLESS!!

I wish the Clan AC's, both UAC and AC versions, shot only two rounds; not five. So, yes, I agree. Hell, it takes 4 volley's of C-AC/10 just to even kick the Daishi in the a$$ or an Atlas. I mean, seriously!

#30 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

Nothing is balanced

For many of the weapons, it's entirely subjective (lower heat vs more damage) but I've gotta call out the Gauss Rifle.

Clan Gauss and IS Gauss have identical stats except the Clan Gauss is 3 tons lighter, and takes 1 less slot. I'm not sure how that doesn't count as 'better'.

I'm not calling for C-Gauss to be nerfed, just pointing out the numbers.

#31 CrushLibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostBurktross, on 17 March 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, what mech's lasers, discounting ER LL, are equal to clanners'?
You also forgot damage for ton and critspace.

Grasshopper 93 kph and can boat 5 large lasers with 20+ DHS and 90% full armor

Zeus - 84Kph with 3 SRM-6 (arty) + 3 ER LL with no ghost heat

X5 gets a 40% energy / med laser increase 270m + 40% = 378m and -20% heat gen , - 20% duration

ADDITIONAL ARMOR (LA): 12.00, ADDITIONAL ARMOR (RA): 12.00 , ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LL): 10.00 , ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RL): 10.00 , MEDIUM LASER RANGE: 20.00 % ,ENERGY RANGE: 20.00 % , MEDIUM LASER HEAT GENERATION: -10.00 % , ENERGY HEAT GENERATION: -10.00 % , MEDIUM LASER DURATION: -10.00 % , LASER DURATION: -10.00 % , MISSILE COOLDOWN: 25.00 %

That is just one example.

Yes clan guass is less weight and 1 less crit but its clan so it should have a small advantage.

Edited by CrushLibs, 17 March 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#32 Phelan Ward-Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostCutterWolf, on 17 March 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Dear PGI,

It has come to my fellow Clansmen that our Mechs are entirely too OP for the IS to handle even with IS mechs currently out classing our mechs on several levels due to quirks. So in the interest of fair play we would like to suggest the following action(s). First we believe that 10 Clan mech vs 12 IS mechs for CW would not produce the winning % the IS needs. Neither do we believe that the -20% speed when losing a side torso would also produce the winning % the IS needs either. They would help push it in the right direction but just not to where it needs to be.

We feel that by reducing the totally OP nature of how our Clan mechs move is the best way to get to that magic winning % for the IS. So we are petitioning you to start all Clan mechs as "legged" in every match. We feel this is the next logical step and if that still does not produce the needed win % we would like to suggest restricting all Clan mechs to machine guns only.

Thanks!

Makes sense. It's the best way PGI can nerf our uber-OP teamwork. 'Cause ya can't stop players from playing together.
Oh wait...they could force Clans to do 1v12s. Then the IS MIGHT actually win some matches. :D

#33 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

View PostCrushLibs, on 17 March 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

You are just a lowly player.

Don´t ever think of using differently coloured text.

Apparently it is considered heresy.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 17 March 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#34 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Wolf Clan Whiner Galaxy reporting for duty..........

#35 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostcSand, on 17 March 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

Lol

but it's a hard pill to swallow when you can't brag to people that you regularly do 1200 damage in your 3 gauss easy-mode :P

Who run 3 gauss on anything? Other then a CTF?

DWF can run 4 but 2 gauss 2ERPPC is better....and everything else is gauss with laser vomit.

#36 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 17 March 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Who run 3 gauss on anything? Other then a CTF?

DWF can run 4 but 2 gauss 2ERPPC is better....and everything else is gauss with laser vomit.

W/E

pick your fav easy mode build the point is still the same

Edited by cSand, 17 March 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#37 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

View PostRavensScar, on 17 March 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

For many of the weapons, it's entirely subjective (lower heat vs more damage) but I've gotta call out the Gauss Rifle.

Clan Gauss and IS Gauss have identical stats except the Clan Gauss is 3 tons lighter, and takes 1 less slot. I'm not sure how that doesn't count as 'better'.

I'm not calling for C-Gauss to be nerfed, just pointing out the numbers.

IS 'mechs generally have more space so that HAS to be case. How many heavies do we have the can field dual gauss? How many does the IS field?

I rest my case.

#38 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

View Poststjobe, on 17 March 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

I guess starting out with a 50-50 win chance is unthinkable for the proud Clan warriors?

But...but...but... cannon and fluffs says Clan's are supposed to be god-like entities that even fresh shat could not stick to!! :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#39 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

Petition to have all IS XL mechs start without a side torso. Oh wait.

#40 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 17 March 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

Interestingly enough the Clan players also had a 100 Elo advantage over the IS players in that last test...

OK, I don't usually do this but this stupid idea keeps getting regurgitated with no critical thought behind it.

Its time for caps lock.

THE REASON IS BECAUSE PLAYERS LIKE MYSELF OWN BOTH FACTION'S MECHS WERE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT IF WE WANTED CBILLS DURING IS VS. CLAN TESTS THAT WE SHOULD PLAY OUR CLAN MECHS FOR HIGH WINRATE.

Sorry.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 17 March 2015 - 11:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users